main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Writing Long Messages, Can't See Anything Past The Bottom Of The Box

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Tarkus, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Alright, now that I've been here long enough to have responded to some long posts with my own long posts, I'm running into a REALLY annoying problem. Whenever I fill up this text box making the scroll bar appear, it doesn't allow me to view anything outside of the original box without automatically springing back to the top. If I hold down the button on the mouse I can scroll down and look at the bottom, but if I let go of the mouse it automatically goes back to the top. If I'm trying to type something at the bottom, the cursor will stay there so I can type, but it automatically scrolls back to the top so I can't see what I'm typing. This seems like a really weird glitch and it's really frustrating to try to deal with! Has anyone else had this problem?

Question answered, future questions can go in the tech thread linked below.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You might be having compatibility issues. At the top of your window, where the URL is, there should be a little button that looks like a torn piece of paper. Try hitting that and see if your problem is solved.

Also - we do have a tech request thread for quesions like this :)

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    NYCitygurl's response should work if you are using IE8 as a browser. (I'm not sure on IE9 as I've never used it since it's not compatible with Windows XP.)

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Yup, it worked, infinite thanks NYCitygurl!!! And next time I have a question along these lines I'll find that thread you recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.