main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-wing Alliance Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Marvincade, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003

I have been playing X-wing Alliance lately and I been thinking how great it would be to play together as a team on some levels. In the past LAN parties have not really worked out. Mostly because of lousy computers and people spread out in different homes, or rooms. So I thought I would float an idea on getting a game together at one location. The idea would to take on a star destroyer as a team, but be able to talk to each other in the same room. I don't know if it is realistic at this point but if anyone wants to talk about it I am willing to listen.

Alan...

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    That sounds like a good idea to me I'd certainly like to give it a shot. Its something I've wanted to do for a while. How many people do you think we would need to get something going?

3. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003

Well I am thinking of testing the basic setup with a friend of mine from work. Eventually, three to four players would be probably be about all I could accommodate. I am thinking of using a room in my basement, and I would provide the monitors. Everyone else would bring their own PCs. The final problem is with the connections, and my friend is working on that. Overall, if we can get two decent computers to work well in team play I think we can boost the numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.