main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Spearhead

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: RPT-03-H
    Sim room

"So to speak? What exactly will you be doing on my shuttle?"

"I am a fully functional pilot droid, programmed from the stock of the most sophisticated Droid Starfighters ever." The droid almost said that sentence as though he were an organic bragging about his royal blood. "I assume this is a temporary arrangement, since surely even an organic would not waste my talents making me permanent pilot of an EV shuttle."

The humanoid droid added, "That said, I will be filling whatever funtions on the simulated shuttle that your easily strained organic chassis and noncompartmentalized thought process can not attend to on its own. The shuttle is technically your domain, and you are the organic that requires practice. By default, you have every right to be my 'commanding officer' in your domain. I will assist with whatever requires my assistance."

Tag: Seth

2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ralla Teris

Ralla checked the panels in the simulator. Not exactly up-to-date, but it would do. She listened to Kith when he spoke.

"Glad to meet you too.Congrats on the flight leader post. You got any nickname I should call you?"

She chuckled at the nickname part, she had heard him go around some guys asking about their nicknames.

"Thanks, and no. I don't have one, but if you want, come up with one later." She laughed, "stay sharp and keep your eyes open." She advised and continued on with her check, hearing the rest of the Chimeras check in.

Tag: Kith and Chimeras

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Seth Hasson
    Sim Room, Coruscant

"By default, you have every right to be my 'commanding officer' in your domain. I will assist with whatever requires my assistance."

Despite himself, Seth couldn't help but feel just a bit uneasy about this droid...the kind of uneasiness that could only be dampened if you had a blaster in hand. Seth felt his fingers twitch, suddenly wanting to feel the slugthrower holstered at his belt in his palm, something that he felt all too often during his career. Seth pushed the feeling aside: droid or not, it hadn't attacked him, displayed no hostile intention, or showed any other sign of hostility. Until then, it was an ally...and wingmate.

Still, the droid was a little unusual. Seth hadn't remembered ever encountering a droid like this one before.

"I see," Seth finally spoke, looking up at the droid and the gazing at the red photoreceptor that, he supposed, was the droid's eye. "So what exactly brings you here?"

Tag: RPT

4. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Sim Room

"I see, So what exactly brings you here?"

"The Empire desired the sophisticated piloting algorithms of my predecessors and I. However, they refused to offer my Maker and the small company he worked for, VariConDroidCorp, a just price for my brethren and I. The Empire opted to try to take us by force, and perhaps they did, but not before my Maker -one of few organics I would describe as sufficiently intelligent- escaped with me to the Alliance to Restore the Republic. I assume some sort of protection deal was worked out: My superior piloting skills would be used in Rebellion battles, in exchange for my Maker's safety. Perhaps he will build other RPT droids like myself to aid your Alliance. Perhaps not. I have lost track of my Maker since my dispatchment to Chimera Squadron."

RPT noticed that this organic made no apparent move towards a simulator cockpit. The droid could not be sure of whether the organic was too stupid, or if he simply believed himself, like RPT, to not need practice. Nonetheless, RPT was this organic's assistant, and the droid would not do until the organic did.

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sim Room, Home One

"I have lost track of my Maker since my dispatchment to Chimera Squadron."

"Sounds like something that's been happening to a lot of people lately," Seth replied. "Though a little different." Since the victim of this story was the droid, Seth found the story very different. However, Seth could do his best with...symphathizing with the droid, to a degree as high as any human could with a droid.

Unfortunately, Seth himself hadn't been immune to the Empire's injustices, having ended up running and joining the Rebellion just as this droid's creator seemed to have done. That was something Seth could relate to at least.

"So why weren't you able to be a starfighter pilot?" Seth suddenly questioned. The droid seemed to like to go on and on about his 'superior' piloting skills, but now it seemed like it was stuck with helping Seth with a shuttle.

On a capital ship like Home One, the simulators were mainly designed for starfighter pilots; there weren't any simulators for Lambda-class shuttles, as that training had been done elsewhere which Seth had done before he piloted his new shuttle to Home One. Considering they were just simulators, he didn't see the harm in why RPT couldn't strap himself into one of the simulators within the sim room.

6. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    IC:Kith Xiese

"Thanks, and no. I don't have one, but if you want, come up with one later." She laughed, "stay sharp and keep your eyes open."

Kith laughed a bit,said"I will do that,the staying sharp part and the nickname part,but that one later" and then he turned at the console and watched the checking in.

TAG:RAlla,all

7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    GM- Hey guys, I'm working on a big GM post, it's about halfway done, but I won't be able to post it untill tonight or tomorrow sometime. But rest asured, one is coming! Great job!

8. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: As for the typo, the last 13 should be 14. Ewok and Rilwen are paired up...

IC: Thor Nietzsche
    Sim Room

As Thor recieved the affirmitave from all of his pilots, he oppened up the squad comm. "Alright, here we go. But before we start, I wanted to adress something. There are only 14 simms in this room, so one of us is going to be sitting in the viewing station every time we do this. Just wanted to clear this up before we start." And he pressed the commecne button.

Suddenly the black surrounding him was dimmed away, and replaced by the speckled void of a rather generic planetary system. Ahead of where the squadron was "dropped", two Imperial Star Destroyers were looming omniously. As soon as Thor's sense could adjust to where he was in relation to the ohter pilots, 6 squadrons of Tie fighters came screaming forth, spewing angrily out of the Imperail ships.

"Alright squad, here is what we are going to do. Split up into flights. Flight one, we are going to stay and take the Eyeballs (Ties). Flights 2 and 3, you guys are going to go after the SD's. Work together, and go one at a time. S-Foils to attack possition. Here we go!"

Thor then switched over to his flight channel.

"Okay guys. Any ideas on how the six of us are going to take out 6 squads of eyeballs?"

TAG: All

9. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    OOC:Anyone got any suggestions on how us 8 should take out 2 Star Destroyers?
    I was thinking that we flank them on each run, 4 of us on each side and blaze fire on them?

And one more question.WIth what are the x-wing's equipped other then the laser cannons? Do we get any proton torpedoes?

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: A standard X-Wing comes with four laser cannons and two proton torpedo launchers, three torpedoes in each launcher to make six torpedoes. Multiply that by eight and you have a total of forty-eight torpedoes.

11. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    OOC: Are SDs Star Destoryers?

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Yes they are.

13. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    OOC:So at least if each of us fires a torpedo at a single point we ought to penetrate the shield of the Star Destroyer and on the next run we can blast it to bits?

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: If each of you fire one, that's just eight torpedoes against a huge Star Destroyer with plenty of shielding. Not to mention while you're trying to blast through that one, there's still a second one shooting at ya. Destroying the Star Destroyers won't be easy in the first place as - with twelve fighters being the usual number of a squadron - you have a total of seventy-two TIE Fighters to worry about, making it so that the odds are around 1 to 9 in terms of how many starfighters there are.

15. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    OOC:As I see it,Thor and the 3 wings are to deal with the starfighters.
    So, what's your opinion on how we should approach the destroyng of SD's.

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Probably want to try to take the Destroyer from behind, no doubt where the least amount of guns would be and use the bridge itself as cover. Swoop in, have a flight go after one shield generator each, dump about two torpedoes from each X-Wing at the generators to take them down, then come around again to blast a hole in the bridge with two more torpedoes. Should leave each X-Wing with two torpedoes left, so have them try to take out the generators of the next one, the have the two flights trade places with the third flight and attack the TIES while the third flight goes and have a crack at the bridge.

17. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    Wing 2:
    Chimera 2 Lt. Wes Janson (XO)
    Chimera 13 Flight Officer Josh Falen

Wing 3:
    Chimera 3 Flight Officer Tharc Skirata
    Chimera 4 Flight Officer Ar'Jar Vena

Wing 5:
    Chimera 8 Flight Officer Ralla Teris
    Chimera 10 Flight Officer Kith Xiese

Wing 7:
    Chimera 12 Flight Officer Izen Dagar
    Chimera 14 Flight Officer Mrrva Treel

Probably want to try to take the Destroyer from behind, no doubt where the least amount of guns would be and use the bridge itself as cover. Swoop in, have a flight go after one shield generator each, dump about two torpedoes from each X-Wing at the generators to take them down, then come around again to blast a hole in the bridge with two more torpedoes. Should leave each X-Wing with two torpedoes left, so have them try to take out the generators of the next one, the have the two flights trade places with the third flight and attack the TIES while the third flight goes and have a crack at the bridge.

Great tactic Sarge.I ought to study SD's schematics.

OOC:So as Sarge advised I think each of the above wings should take a generator each(4 torpedoes on each generator) and then Wing 2 should fly around to shoot the torpedoes at the bridge while the other three wings lay cover fire.Regroup and do the same with the other one.

As I calculated:
    Each wing 4 torpedoes on each generator = 16 torpedoes fired(4 torpedoes left for each X-wing)
    2 more torpedoes on the bridge as it has no more shields(2 torpedoes from a wing,leaving that wing with 3 torpedoes each,in this case Wing 2)
    And if we do the same with the other SD that equals total of 36 torpedoes fired.

Or my calculations are wrong?

18. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Sim Room

"So why weren't you able to be a starfighter pilot?" Seth suddenly questioned. The droid seemed to like to go on and on about his 'superior' piloting skills, but now it seemed like it was stuck with helping Seth with a shuttle.

"I have narrowed it down to two possibilities. Our commander either recognizes that my superior piloting programming negates the necessity of practice, or he does not want my superior skill to humiliate discourage my primitive organic squadronmates.

"Or it was possibly a mistake," RPT added, "Organics are prone to making mistakes. Once the squadron is done with its practice run, I will ask Captain Nietzche which of these scenarios is closest to the truth as it appears in his emotionally charged, logically muddled organic mind."

19. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Minra Tekla

Minra's jaw dropped as she saw what their test was against. Two Star Destroyers and a ton of ties. She let out a deep breath and switched her com to the flight channel.

"Sir, I think we should all stick together. All of us target two ties and take them out. Then pick another two. If we get one on our tails our wingmate moves back to take care of it. Also, we should start out by blanketing the area of space they are in with laser fire, when they come at us. That should make them split up."

She answered his question with the best that she could think of. The odds were against them in this fight and it was only a sim but they did have to train for events like this. She moved her ship closer to Thors and the rest of her flight, she had heard of x-wings being able to overlap their shilds when they got close together. She just wasnt sure how close they had to be.

TAG: First flight

OOC: do we have R2 units?

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    GM- Good strategy so far, guys. Remeber, you can use the SD's fire against them...they are side by side in space...And yes, we do have R2 units, and the one in your ship can be your personal one for the entire game. Also, feel free to strategize over PM's as well. Also, this sim run is meant to figrue out all the kinks in the system...so don't worry about messing up...we are doing this so we can come up with a system that works for our dogfights.

Edit: As a side note, any feeback or ideas is/are welcome. Feel free to PM me any time.
    :)

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Sim Room, Home One

"Once the squadron is done with its practice run, I will ask Captain Nietzche which of these scenarios is closest to the truth as it appears in his emotionally charged, logically muddled organic mind."

Seth just stared at the droid, for once suddenly rethinking about droids being able to be rascist, something he had never thought droids could do. Though it could just be because of the droid's programming, RPT seemed to have nothing but ill things when it comes to humans. Whether it was inferior piloting or any other kind of mistake, the droid seemed to think that he was superior in every way.

"You don't seem to think too well about 'organics'," Seth decided to finally note. "Do you think that there's nothing that a human can perform better then a droid?"

22. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Sarge and Sephy, you guys can communitcate with the squad, as well. If you wish, of course. There is a comm in the observation deck.

23. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    As I talked to Prenn over PM,I proposed an idea of flying loop maneuvers between the SD's so their auto tageting wouldn't be able to hit fast moving targets,thus hitting each other.
    So,what you think?

If SD's turrets have auto targeting?

24. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Mrrva Treel

"Sir, I think we should all stick together. All of us target two ties and take them out. Then pick another two. If we get one on our tails our wingmate moves back to take care of it. Also, we should start out by blanketing the area of space they are in with laser fire, when they come at us. That should make them split up."

"Against the TIE Fighterrs...sticking togetherr may worrk, but not the Star Destrroyerrs. That jusst givess them a biggerr tarrget," Mrrva contributed. "Why not play with the TIEss a little, see if we can crash them into the SDs shield and sensorr domes, or try to shoot the domes down? If we manage that, crashing one thrrough a viewporrt might eliminate the officerrs..."

Unseen by the others, in her simm cockpit, Mrrva grinned. If her idea worked...well, it was common knowledge that Imps didn't work too well without their officers. Her idea was designed to hopefully kill as many officers with one action as possible.

Tag: Chimeras

25. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    OOC: If there are two SD's try to keep the one between the other, as for the shields there are several ways you can take them down one of which would be the so called "trench run" Syndrome or from behind where the vast majority of the SD's guns would be facing away from you. Best to overcome the shields would probably be a concentrated attack two torps link fired from each X-Wing to the generators. Also another good idea might be after the first one is taken down to swap roles of one of the flights to have in essence a refreshed supply of torpedos. Once the shields are down the bridge and engines should be priority targets before moving on to the second SD. Which from the sounds of ship capacity are ImpStars (Imperial Class Star Destroyers, as opposed to Victory Class)

It would be easier just to use one SD as cover from the other unless they are really willing to risk firing through the other ImpStar to get a single starfighter Squadrong. Many ImpStar's do have auto targeting but not on all gun emplacements, auto targeting though is not all that effective against fast moving starfighters any ways. In general turbolasers are not all that effective on small ships they don't move fast enough to accurately trace fire in front on starfighters. The smaller laser canons though would be pretty good at targeting starfigthers, biggest thing with flying against turrets is not flying predictably and placing their ships as much in way of their weapons as possible.

Post to come in a little while

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.