main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Yeah! AOTC at Omnimax

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DARTH_ANN, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_ANN

DARTH_ANN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2000
    Anyone else going to the opening show Halloween night?

:D

I'm going regardless.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, here is the link to the Omnimax theatre Omnimax. I don't know why this isn't listed on the official site yet. CountBakufu has agreed to organize this event, please post here if you will be attending, and if you will be wearing a costume. Costumed members will be asked to help distribute the exclusive Lucasfilm Bantha tracks to the moviegoers.

3. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Congrats!

I guess you guys won't be wanting to come up here to Seattle now. ;)

Have fun down there!!

4. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Okay, I put up a website for us here last night and it will eventually host the Portland Fanforce or whatever we are going to call ourselves. Right now there is just a direct link to the Portland Fanforce boards when you click that link. EVerything else is updated except for the events of the midnight showing which will be completed shortly.
    I was so excited that they announced OMNIMAX because I was coordinating the events in Spokane,WA which is cool but is 5-6 hours away.
    I will be PM'ing some of you shortly, asking for you input so please check and answer asap so we can make this the best ever!
    I will also be creating some type of inserts to give to fans about us, Portland Fanforce(or whatever), help woudl be appreciated in this so we can increase our enrollment.
    I will be updating the site so if something is incomplete or there is a typo it will be done later today.
    Feel free to email me johnny@johnnymercury.com if you have questions or concerns.
    Have a great day! - Johnny

5. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Just to make sure everyone is aware, tickets for the midnight show go on sale TOMORROW MORNING (Friday the 25th) at 9:30am!!!!!!! I plan to get there a few hours in advance, just in case every SW fan in Oregon gets the same idea. :) I can't wait to see AOTC on that enormous screen with that insane sound system!!!!!!!! :-D

- Rob

6. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Oh, I forgot to mention, you can only get the tickets at OMSI itself, not online or by phone. See you there!

7. DARTH_ANN

Jul 22, 2000
    I'll try to be there in costume, but I won't be able to pick up tickets until after I leave work at 2:00pm on Friday. If there's any left I'm there.
    :)

8. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Sweet! I used to work at OMSI (well volunteered during the summer) so I have a free membership and can get into movies for free! :cool:

9. DARTH_ANN

Jul 22, 2000
    can you get others free tickets?
    ;)

Just kidding.

10. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    maybe we could get a designated person to pick up tickets. if somebody buys the tickets, I'll pay for theirs.
    I am supposed to get in free for coordinating the event and building the website but not sure becasue they are acting like tightwads and I want to make sure I get in.
    If somebody buys me a ticket I will pay for theirs...guranteed. PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks - johnny

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I wish I could be able to be in Portland that day. Oh well.

12. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm jumping up and down in excitment. Literally, in my chair...I'll never get to sleep at this rate...I have OMSI membership! I think I'm allowed to get one free guest...I'll check up on it in the morning.

Great website!!!!!!!!

-IJedi...yayayayayayayaya *shivers with excitement*

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hey, can someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pick up tickets for me, their cool city rep?! :)

I will even give you an extra 25% bonus on whatever the ticket price is, if that is cool, I mean I would be ok with that...

I will be able to make the midnight showing, I wouldn't miss it. I am the city rep, and hey... I hope you were ok with making that site Count, because I don't want to seem like an absentee city rep. or anything. I'm so busy with college and my movie review site (god I stayed up until 8:20 a.m. yesterday/today and got 1 hour and 55 minutes of sleep before class from 11:00 a.m. through 10 p.m.!!!). Anyway, because my classes are stacked on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I can easily skip Geo 101 next Friday and be there at the midnight showing, that would be great.

However, I really need someone to pick me up a ticket or I'm screwed. I look forward to seeing you all there!

EDIT: Oh, actually it would be great if someone could snag me two tickets and I'll pay you $25 for them (I guess they are $10 each, so $10 + $10 + $5 cut). If anyone could do that, I'd be infinitely appreciative.

14. xrayman

xrayman Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2002
    Hello all!
    I am a member of Garrison Titan, Southern Outpost and we were contacted by Karen Kane, PR manager from OMSI, requesting our appearance in costume. We have contacted her and there will be 5 to 6 stormtroopers attending the event on Halloween's midnight show and during some of the shows on Friday, Nov. 1st. Glad to hear that you're coordinating things, Johnny! We can also be contacted by email at 501stPDX@yahoogroups.com. Can you please fill us in on the details; when, where, do we have a place to store our gear, etc. Many thanks!

Below is the original email from Karen:

Greetings members of the Titan Garrison, 501st Legion:

The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is proud to announce the showing
    of "Star Wars: Episode II Attack of Clones: The IMAX Experience" in its
    popular Omnimax Theater. The opening show starts at midnight on Halloween
    evening, (Friday, November 1 at 12:00 am).

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience marks the
    first time IMAX has re-mastered a movie that was digitally captured and
    created using IMAX DMR(tm) (Digital Re-mastering) technology. Given its
    tremendous appeal, grand design, spectacular images and sound, Star Wars:
    Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience will provide moviegoers
    the ultimate movie experience and Star Wars fans an opportunity to
    experience all their favorite characters and worlds in an entirely new way.

Showing the film at OMSI required a retrofitting of its popular IMAX domed
    theater. New equipment now allows for feature length films and digital
    sound. Previously, OMSI was limited to films of one hour or shorter.

The film will run through January 5th, 2003. Showings on Fridays and
    Saturdays are at 4, 6:30, 9 and 11:30 p.m. Sunday showings are at 4, 6:30
    and 9 p.m. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, the film will be shown at
    6:30 and 9 p.m. (Hit the OMSI website for the entire schedule
    www.omsi.edu.)

Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors 63 and over and children age
    3-13. Because this is a special presentation, OMSI will not be accepting
    coupons, group discounts, member discounts, member vouchers or honoring
    two-for-one nights.

Advance tickets go on sale Friday, October 25th at the OMSI box office only.
    Tickets may not be purchased by phone or online.

We hope to see you here. Please contact me if you would like to make an
    appearance in costume.

Karen Kane
    (ph) 503-797-4537
    (pgr) 503-904-0994
    Public Relations Manager
    Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
    1945 SE Water Avenue
    Portland, Oregon 97214
    www.omsi.edu <http://www.omsi.edu>

15. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    "Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors 63 and over and children age
    3-13. Because this is a special presentation, OMSI will not be accepting
    coupons, group discounts, member discounts, member vouchers or honoring
    two-for-one nights."

Sithspawn...no member discounts, oh well. Tomorrow when I go up to Portland for our Halloween get together, I'll stop at OMSI. Bowen, I'll pick up your tickets. Anyone else I need to pick up tickets for?

-IJedi

16. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'll be checking back here at 5pm, then I'm going up to Portland. All orders must be in by then. Thankyou. ;)

-IJedi

17. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    could you please pick me up a ticket..thanks

18. xrayman

xrayman Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2002
    From prior post:
    "I'll try to be there in costume, but I won't be able to pick up tickets until after I leave work at 2:00pm on Friday. If there's any left I'm there."

DarthAnn,
    What is your costume? We need a good Vader for the 501st/Garrison Titan-South area events.

"there's one... set for stun!"
    -Scot
    TK-5108
    www.garrisontitan.com

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    You rock, ImperialJedi.

I'll be there, with my mom, if that is ok. I just would rather have someone else drive with me, I don't go to OMSI much, so... that's why I wanted a second ticket. Unless Erik can make it back, then he can take the ticket I suppose.

20. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Okay, I was unable to check back here before I left for Portland, so I didn't get you a ticket, CountBakufu, sorry. I hope you can still come. My mom and I are going to work on a Dark Jedi/Sith outfit this week (With both of us working on it, It'll be done in no time.) ttyl

-IJedi

21. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    thanks IJ, I am supposed to get in for free according to Lucasfilm but I didn't want to take any chances. The PR rep at OMNIMAX never confirmed it but said she would call LFL and verify my involvement but still did not gurantee a ticket
    I'll be there either way because I will coordinating the LFL giveaway w/ the 501st.
    If I can't see it at midnight I'll go the next day and see it. No biggie
    See you all on Halloween - Count

22. darth_wigand

darth_wigand Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    since we've gotten everything (ie: all the necessary equipment) late, we are working around the clock to get everything ready for midnight on thursday, wish us luck.

23. darth_wigand

Oct 29, 2002

I don't know if anyone cares, but AOTC at the Omnimax is almost ready to go (as of early 10/30). Myself and the rest of the crew have been putting in 15+ hours a day over the past few days getting it all set to go. We should be all good by midnight 10/31.

24. CountBakufu

Oct 10, 2001
    we do appreciate the hard work for the movie! you'll be the first to experience the new system so let us know how it goes if you can.

25. darth_wigand

Oct 29, 2002

I didn't mean to sound callous with my last post, I was just very tired. We're all really excited, especially me, to test out all the new equipment, as well as the new print. I'll let everyone know how it looks by tomorrow morning. We are looking forward to seeing all of you guys and whatever you may have planned for tomorrow night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.