main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YJCC Mod Issue/ Policy Question

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Ignant, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Yeah, I never saw any older ones resurface, and even if they did, I'd bet that they were locked IMMEDIATELY (as per the original rules agreed upon by Ignant and Katya_Jade [and presumably the rest of the JCC Mods]).

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I went looking for a certain thread thats when I noticed that #16 was on page three along with 15 and ten

we do not 40+ threads on one person, thats just seems really excessive and it is spamming, you do not see any of the groups making a new thread everyday? Thats because we recap threads after 300 - 400 pages of posts

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    why should mods have to lock this sort of thread every day anyway? evidently they spend little time in the forum anyway, they don't need to be pandering to every individuals unique thread requests. but i'm not discussing it anymore. ignore this post.

4. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    you do not see any of the groups making a new thread everyday? Thats because we recap threads after 300 - 400 pages of posts

Um, that's because that's not in the nature of your "social threads", as opposed to the "AmazingB" threads.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    why should mods have to lock this sort of thread every day anyway?

they shouldn't, new threads shouldn't have been started in the first place. He should've stuck with the one thread. If he made it known he would do a different one every day then I'm pretty sure people would still post in the one thread.

6. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    When last I checked you were not in authority. The decision has been made. It actually does not affect you in any way whatsoever.

7. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I went looking for a certain thread thats when I noticed that #16 was on page three along with 15 and ten

That's because a mod was locking the older ones to prevent them all from being upped and a user upped them to show they were missed.

they shouldn't, new threads shouldn't have been started in the first place.

But they didn't do it then, they let it go one for over a month, before randomly coming to a decision because a user or two decided these threads somehow ruined their enjoyment of the JCC.

And really, editing the "thes" in a joke thread is one thing, but editing them in this thread is incredibly annoying.

Amazing.

8. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002

Please, I upped those threads to make a point, about the halfway job the mods do when they actually decide to show up. Bria went and seemed to randomly lock old versions of the thread in no particular order.

So far you seem to be one of the few persons riled up about this, and most people realize that it is the result of some perceived wrong done to you by Paul. Much like JMT I guess.

9. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    LOL! Nice debunk! [face_laugh]

they shouldn't, new threads shouldn't have been started in the first place. He should've stuck with the one thread. If he made it known he would do a different one every day then I'm pretty sure people would still post in the one thread.
    1. Who cares what could'a, would'a, should'a been done. We should pay attention to what WAS done.
    2. I think it's safe to say that Ignant made his intentions very clear by the time a 3rd or 4th thread was created. A trend was established, and it was acceptable according to the Mods. And all of a sudden it's NOT acceptable, and we're yet to hear a good explanation for the abrupt change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.