main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

yoda SHOULD ask obi-wan to join him together to destroy sidious?!

Discussion in 'Archive: China' started by long_long_ago, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    i watched E3 3 times now, and still think that yoda really SHOULD ask obi-wan together to fight sidious! then hopefully they would have a very different result! just a thought, anyone think that sidious will be strong enough to kill both of them?! i dont think so...
    then they could easily bring anakin/vader back to the light side of the force after killed the emperor---if they give him a chance.

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    true but i think Anakin had to turn to the darkside in order for the prophecy to become true and later on in years with his son by his side he puts a sudden stop to the Sith and the Empire

3. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    got yur point there---this once again leads to another question to me: was the Jedi also need to be destoried along with the Sith in order to bring balance to the force? one said somewhere else that the Jedi had casted too much light into the force so anakin was sent to do the job...

4. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think so as the key word is "balance". I think the Jedi threw the balance out by destroying so many Sith. Perhaps it all was a natural cycle of purification also

5. teamzilv

teamzilv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    In my opinion, I would have thought Obi Wan would have been killed by sideous as he wasn't pro enough to take on Sidious and Yoda would still draw.

6. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_laugh] -------ooo!I got the Anakin to Vader Evolution Pack today!!! I must say this is the most lovely thing hasbro ever made since!------

Back to the topic, I still think, although many believes that ob1 was not that powerful/skillful as a swordman, he was the only one who had managed to defeat/escape from all his opponents untill he meet vader later. and even at that particular moment he was not be killed by vader from certain point of view![face_devil]

So I really wont buy that sidious could kill him(especially with yoda beside him!) anyway, maybe that is the plot here---to ensure that sid would live!]-}

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Obi Wan was a master of i think form 4 of saber combat, will check on that lol

8. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    That was Form III (Soresu) lightsaber combat. I believe. I not sure about the emperor though.
    [face_skull]
    OB1 was just cool and rocks! [face_cowboy]

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    yes sorry Obi was form 3
    Yoda was form 4
    Anakin was form 5
    Mace was form 7

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think Yoda underestimated the emperor, and that's why he didn't think that he would need Obi Wan to help him.

<---- 20.000th posts on the JC/FF.

11. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I concur with Obi Anne. Yoda underestimated Palpatine. That's why he keeps telling Luke not to underestimate him in ROTJ.

And congrats on your 20k posts Obi Anne :D [face_dancing]

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I think the whole Jedi Council were totally clueless for many many years.

13. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    the strange thing is that yoda didnt look so powerful when you consider his 900 years of force training/practising :(
    o, i see, if ob1 comes alone, sidious will have to kill them both with aid from thousands of clones! haha. :D
    and that would not be cool then.[face_laugh]

btw, nice to meet you guys here.

14. Skywalker1984

Skywalker1984 Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    I wonder how long has Darth Sidious been learning the force.It seems that the sith knights are better learners of the force than most Jedi.And those Jedi who joined the dark side became more powerful than themselves as Jedi knights.

15. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    I believe that's why they turn to the dark side of the force...[face_devil]
    Sidious obviously was a hard-working man! I mean, we all know he had a lot of business to do...like dealing with these thousands of galaxy senates, killing good people, building a large army in secret and training his apprentice as well as himself...:cool:

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Did Vader have any official apprentices? I have noticed that in many fan films they have Sith in there that were taught by him lol

17. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    not in the OTC/PTC films, maybe in EU. I dont know how can Vader be possible to have any apprentice since the Sith works in the way that only allows two of them: one master one apprentice at one time. or is it not? Vader wants to 'overthrow' Emperor Palpatine from the ever begining but he needs more power from Luke after lost his battle with ob1...

18. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    darth sisdious had a lightsaber when yoda went to meet him in his chamber; did he got it back from somewhere outside the building or...?H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.