main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda's Drabble Thread....Response to the 7th UDC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Jan 28, 2013.

1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Yoda's Drabble Thread
    Author: Kelia
    Timeframe: Will vary from Before - Beyond
    Characters: Will Also vary but Yoda will be in them all :D
    Genre: Will feature a bit of everything
    Disclaimer: I own nothing, I profit nothing, I just enjoy playing in the SW playgroung.

Baby

Yoda stood next to the bassinet watching in amazement as the tiny human moved her fist back and forth.
    “Waving at me she is,” he whispered, smiling down at her. It surprised him how enthralling babies still were to him after all these hundreds of years in the crèche.

She gurgled with pleasure, her tiny hand reaching for his clawed one.

Yoda chuckled admiring her strong grasp. “A powerful Jedi you will be,” he whispered, raising his hand up and down. “Yes you will,” he cooed. “Won’t you, little one.”

He paused. “To the Jedi Order, I welcome you, Jocasta Nu.”

Child

“It wasn’t my fault!”

Yoda resisted the urge to sigh as he ushered the young child towards the Temple. “Know better than to respond to the tauntings of your peers you do,” he admonished.

“But Master Yoda -,”

“No excuse there is,” Yoda interrupted, guiding the boy into one of the crèche’s medication rooms. “For pushing Tylic into the cacti plants. Hours it will take to remove the needles from his backside,” he paused. “And hours you will spend meditating on what you should have done.”

He sighed. “Being called Count doo doo not the worse thing in the Galaxy, Dooku.”

Teenager

“Yeeee-Haaawwww!!!!!”

Before he could react, Yoda was flattened backwards against the co-pilot’s seat as the sleek cruiser shot into the clear Courscant sky.

“Slow down,” he shouted. “A race this is not.”

The teenage padawan next to him scowled. “Aw Master, I was just having a little fun.”

“Time for fun this is not,” Yoda scowled. “Here to evaluate your piloting skills I am.”

“Does that mean we can’t have an exciting adventure at the same time?”

“Excitement heh!” Yoda mocked. “Adventure heh! A Jedi seeks not these things,” he paused. “Focus on not killing us you should, Qui-Gon Jinn.”

Adult

“I don’t see why I should face any punishment,” the angry padawan standing defiantly before the Jedi Council flared. “I wasn’t consulted, nor was I a part of the disaster my partners,” he shot an angry glare at the two Jedi beside him, “deemed a good idea.”

“In charge of the mission were you?” Yoda asked pointedly.

“Well yes, but I – ,”

“Responsible that makes you for the outcome.” Yoda held up a clawed hand before he could be interrupted. “Learn to accept accountability like an adult you need to if wish to be treated like an adult you do, Xanatos.”

Elderly

“Are you sure you are up to the trip, Master?”

Yoda glanced sharply at the concerned Jedi Master. “Think too old I am to provide protection for Chancellor Valorum do you?”” he asked.

“Well no - ,”

“Expecting trouble do you think I should be?”

“You never know,” came the soft reply.

“True that is,” Yoda agreed. “So believe you do trouble I cannot handle.”

“Well…uh…no,” the Jedi stammered. “I just thought you would prefer a…more…well a mission without risk.”

Yoda snorted.

“Prepared a Jedi must always be for anything,” he paused. “No matter their age, young Windu.”

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Whoa.

Training different padawans along the ages.

A True Master Yoda is.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this. Yoda commenting about the padawans. He sure has seen them all coming in his life

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kelia! :D :D I am so stoked ... Yoda gave some wise advice to a whole bunch of padawans ;) :) Some listened and some didn't :( [face_thinking]

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love Yoda and his teachings. I loved this!

6. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love how Yoda had a moment helping several different padawans throughout the years--he's a pretty cool dude, Yoda is. :p Fun drabbles!

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    “Being called Count doo doo not the worse thing in the Galaxy, Dooku.”

hehe, I can just see how that went over with the proud youth. [face_tee_hee]

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    “Prepared a Jedi must always be for anything,” he paused. “No matter their age, young Windu.”

Words to live by, that...

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Brilliant! Count Doo doo, young Jocasta... thanks for the chuckles.

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whew - managed to finish week 2

Healthy

Yoda stood on a tree stump watching Luke run the obstacle course, his skin gleaming with a healthy sheen. He was pleased with the boy’s progress, especially considering he shared his father’s impatience and lust for adventure. While both were too old when their training began, Luke also shared Anakin’s thirst to learn and devoted himself to whatever lesson he was being taught.

Yoda’s eyes widened as Luke did a backflip over several bolders, underestimating the rotation and coming down hard on his left leg.

“Showing off like his father,” Yoda sighed rushing to Luke’s side. “Need that trait he does not.”

Injured

Luke moaned as Yoda touched the broken skin around his exposed femur.

“Compound fracture,” Yoda said matter-of-factly.

“It hurts,” Luke cried.”

“Hmmmmm….” Yoda closed his eyes, moving one hand over both Luke’s legs. “No other injury you have.,” he announced. “Get you back to the hut -,”

“How long,” Luke groaned.

“Take more than ten minutes it shouldn’t,” Yoda replied.

“No,” Luke shook his head. “How long until I can get back to training?”

“Right away.”

Luke gazed at him with shock.

“More to training there is than physical activity,” Yoda explained. “Work on mental exercises we will.”

Luke groaned again.

Sick

Achoo!” Yoda wiped his dripping nose on an old rag, tossing it to the floor, his head pounding.

“A fine pair we make,” Luke observed. “I’m stuck in bed with a broken leg and now you’re sick. How are we ever going to complete my training?”

Yoda sighed wearily. “Work on your training you are free to do.”

Luke grunted. “I’ve already meditated this morning,” he replied. “What I need is some action.”

“The cause of your injury too much action was hmmm?”

Luke didn’t reply.

“Teach you a healing technique I will,” Yoda promised. “If practice it quietly you will.”

Stressed

Yoda sank into his bed, the stress of the day zapping the last of his energy. Luke had finally succeeded in putting himself into a healing trance and it was quiet in the tiny hut. He’d forgotten how tough training could be, though in his defense, he was used to training younglings who hadn’t known life outside the Temple and didn’t believe anything was impossible.

He missed those days, though he was grateful to have this opportunity with Luke. The boy was going to need every bit of knowledge Yoda could pass on to him when he faced his destiny.

Frustrated

Luke swung his legs onto the floor, biting his lower lip as he tentatively got to his feet. Pain shot up his left leg causing it to buckle under him. “Stang!” he shouted, pounding his fist onto the floor. “It didn’t work!”

Yoda sighed, obviously Luke didn’t inherit any of Padme’s patience. “Take things more slowly, you need to,” Yoda advised as Luke sat up. “A small amount of weight you should put on your leg until able to bear your full weight.”

Luke blushed but did as Yoda instructed. 30 minutes later, he was standing fully. “It worked!” he exclaimed.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very nice.

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Luke is such an impatient student [face_laugh] and Yoda has the patience of a saint.

I wish we could see more moments like this. :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stuff. :D :) Like ESB scenes. ;)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh] Luke is a very impatient patient. Loved the tale you made out of these prompts

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I like how you strung each of the scenes together.