main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"You are a collector, are you not?" The new acquisitions thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Commander Antilles, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    What have you brought or won recently.

This week, I've brought the new POTJ B-wing and sandtrooper, and won a loose Graxol Kelvvyn from the Watto's box cinema scene (a seriously huge figure!), plus three of the 3 3/4" Max Rebo band figures. I only need Max Rebo for the whole set now.

2. Senator_Orn_Free_Taa

Senator_Orn_Free_Taa Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2001
    Well, I found a Senator Palpatine figure that was dirt cheap in mint condition that I have been searching ages for. I was happy. :)

I also found all those other figures, I spoke of in the other thread. So I am really happy. :D

3. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I've never won anything related to SW but I do received a 12" POTJ IG-88 for my birthday in Feb this year from my working colleagues. I'm really touched!

Its slow in the SW scene here in Singapore and I have briefly gone into buying 12" Dragon figs while waiting for the Death Star Trio of 12" to hit the shelves.
    Dragon's latest release Asia Pac Exclusives Biohazard fig I used to make him put on Han Hoth's gear, and he now looks like a manga style a-la Japanese comic Han Solo Hoth... and what matter most - tons of more articulations, thats real cool :)

4. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Max Rebo is a good figure; he was definitely my favorite from the band.

5. Mark CK

Mark CK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I found the entire Duros wave last week at K-Mart. (K-Mart seems to be the place to find this wave). There were enough of them that I picked up and extra Duros to open. He kind of looks like James Coburn from the 60's with a big green mask on. I was a little disappointed in the articulation, but the paint job was excellent.

6. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I finally won a Jedi-Con 2001 C3P0

7. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Recently I've gotten the Ketwol Wave, and Imperial Sentinel, Kyle Katarn, and a Darktrooper.

8. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Incom also just got some Rebo bans pairs....

Your Welcome :)

Myself, the last thin I found and purchased was a dirty Biker scout. I have seen the Ketwol wave at a Target of all places, but I have yet to see Disco Lando and his posse. Also the notorious P.L.O. Koon has eluded me, as do many things (Yes knowing IS half the battle)

9. Mark CK

Oct 29, 1999
    Hmm. Sounds like you got screwed by the 'We'll release the waves for 2 weeks to keep the collectors on their toes' philosophy Hasbro has adopted lately, Xizor. Lando and Co. have been off the shelves for quite a while around here. I'm a little concerned about the Sandtrooper wave as well. (Still haven't found that one.)

I saw the Duros wave and the remnants of the Biker Scout wave at the local Wal~Mart this morning. They seem to be finding their way into more general release in the MidWest.

10. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I just picked up the aurra sing, because in my area any figures are hard to find.

11. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I've been able to find all but Ketwol in the new wave. And I just won the Final Lightsaber Duel 2 pack. We've been lucky here, the only POTJ figs I cant find are the R2 and Dejarik Chewie.

12. PadawanLearner

PadawanLearner Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2001
    recently, I found the ketwol wave at a Target! And the other day at Wal-Mart I found Aurra Sing, Darth Maul sith apprentice, and a sandtrooper. :)

13. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Acquisitions Dept.

Bespin Security Gaurd wave and all his buddies. At Target.

I was lucky to arrive at the store when they were restocking.

Also 4-lom 12".(TRU)

In June I picked up a EU Mara Jade from the Fan Club.

14. Jedi-Knight2AMaster

Jedi-Knight2AMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    About 3 days ago I won an Emperor's Royal Guard.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Been kind of slow for me collecting wise (at least until the August release of Star Wars Evolution), but I picked up this on Ebay just for fun. A 1979 ESB Promo Coupon to see ESB in Washington, D.C. with C-3PO & R2-D2. I seem to remember having one of these as a kid or something similar. Probably paid more than I should have, but it will fit nicely with my other misc card & promo stuff.

Pictures: Front Back

16. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Check out your local Wal-Marts for TPM figures. The stores in Toronto are selling them for $1 each, including,

two versions each of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Amidala and Maul
    four different versions of Battle Droids
    Palpatine
    Sidious
    Ric Olie
    C3PO
    Watto
    Padme
    etc, etc.

17. JulesTHWAF

JulesTHWAF Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2000
    In the last week or so I've acquired 12" Boss Nass and I have 12" Admiral Ackbar, 12" ANH Leia, and 12" Luke in trooper disguise with tentacle on the way.

18. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Found at K-Mart tonight:

Ketwol
    Bespin Guard
    Sabe
    Ellorrs Madak

19. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Well I've picked up some good POTJ figs here and there lately, but my most recent, and very cool, purchase has been an old POTF X-Wing from Toys R Us for only 4 dollars. What a steal!

20. Pedro

Pedro Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 1999

Lando and Co. have been off the shelves for quite a while around here.
    :(
    I never did find him; and ever since I caught the Magic of Myth show a couple months back, Lando's looked pretty good to me. Oh well.

21. Jedi-Knight2AMaster

Jedi-Knight2AMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    Update.Yesterday I bought Senator Palpatine,Queen Amidala:Naboo,Padme,Ric Olie,POTJ Leia General,Vintage Lando from 1980,and a 12"POTJ Bossk.

22. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Just bought POTF2 Death Star Trooper, plus the POTJ Leia Hoth and Chewbacca Mechanic, which I both love because they finally got the scales right!

23. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Lets see, this week I got Ketowl, Bepsin Guard, Sabe, and Ellors Maddok. Now the only figures ythat i think i need for the entire collection so far is the sandtrooper, darth maul sith apprentice, quigonn in jedi armor and theobi-wan in artic gear i guess its what they call it. i think im doing opretty good.

24. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Urgghhh, still missing that elusive Death Star Gunner. Unfriendly shopkeeper sold that away last weekend when I have made reservations with him :mad:

25. Mark CK

Oct 29, 1999
    I found the Sandtrooper and Qui Gonn Jedi Training Armor this weekend at a TRU whilst in Kentucky.

I figure if all the brown items on the figure were painted black and the head were resculpted a bit to look more like Sean Connery, Q-G would make for my idea of a pretty good Talon Karrde.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.