main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite comics publisher?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Darth Ludicrous, Feb 18, 2002.

?

Your favorite comics publisher

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. DC

13.3%
  2. Marvel

49.7%
  3. Dark Horse

25.5%
  4. Image

1.2%
  5. Cross-Gen

2.4%
  6. Independents

1.8%
  7. I don't read comics

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    DC, simply because of Batman.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, I was about to click Marvel, but then I saw the "I don't read comics" choice... ;)

3. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I read FREW and Moonstone, are they classified as independents?

I read Phantom comics, sometimes I read other stuff that friends have leant me, I have a few of those SW comics, and I have a massive Phantom comics collection.

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Marvel.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    DC, no wait Marvel, nar Dark Horse, drat I don't know.

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

6. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    dark horse =P simply because of their mangas =) although i've always liked marvela and dc characters but i can never keep those straight...

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  8. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    Marvel of course!

9. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Marvel is crap right now.
    I'm so sick of their decompressed, paced-for-the-Trade Paperback, 6-part storylines.
    And the fact that Brian Michael Bendis writes half of their friggin' books.
    And the fact that they keep "re-imagining" their characters to make them more movie-adaptation-friendly.
    And the fact that their books have absolutely no consistency or continuity between them. They all exist in their own little universe, which is completely opposed to what Stan Lee had in mind.
    And the fact that they constantly put out two of each series nearly every month, so the Top 10 each month looks something like this:

4. Ultimate Spider-Man #44
    5. Ultimate Spider-Man #45
    6. Uncanny X-Men #434
    7. Uncanny X-Men #435
    8. Ultimate X-Men #40
    9. Ultimate X-Men #41

And a big thanks to all those Marvel zombies who've kept Uncanny X-Men in the Top 10, despite the fact that the writing is the worst it's been in years. These are the guys who've been collecting it since the 70's and are deathly afraid of missing a single issue in their run. I doubt half the people buying Uncanny are actually reading it.

No wonder Marvel's losing all the top talent to DC. I'm suprised they still have Peter Milligan, although it's obvious they have him by the balls. Just look at how they castrated his Princess Di story.

Now that Jemas is gone, they have a chance to straighten out, but nothing major's happened so far.

DC is where the real comics are at.

10. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    DC published Lobo, so DC gets my vote.

There are simply no better comic books out there than Lobo. Lobo r0x0rz everybody's b0x0rz, or so to speak :D

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I surprised myself by voting for DC. I just seem to buy a lot more DC books these days. Marvel lost me when Morrison took the X-Men off in the direction he did. I know a lot of people think he's a genius,I did like his early work on JLA, I hated what he did with the X-Men.

12. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    unfortunately neither DC or marvel are impressing me right now. both are making stupid decisions and neither, but marvel especially, seem to care about the fans, or good stories for that matter. marvel is content to sit on the fact that people will buy their crap no matter how bad it sucks. look at the top selling books, most are marvel and most are horrid. uncanny x-men? its in the top 10 every month, heck i still buy it because of kurt, but who actually thinks this is good writing? its horrible. i love the x-men, always have, always will, but i was sick to my stomach reading some of the crap thats held that title. its really a shame that the industry has degenerated to this state. out of all the comics i buy on a monthly basis i can honestly say that i dont ever look forward to half of them. the only books right now that i really want to continue reading are fantastic four, ultimate fantastic four and robin. i hope that the x-title relaunch will bring the x-men back into that group, but im not holding my breath.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I've really only read Star Wars comics, so Dark Horse, but a bit of Marvel as well. Iron Man rocks!

14. Darth_Jeremy

Darth_Jeremy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2002
    My favorite superhero has always been and always will be Batman, so it's DC for me.

15. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I'm so sick of their decompressed, paced-for-the-Trade Paperback, 6-part storylines.
    And the fact that Brian Michael Bendis writes half of their friggin' books.
    And the fact that they keep "re-imagining" their characters to make them more movie-adaptation-friendly.
    And the fact that their books have absolutely no consistency or continuity between them. They all exist in their own little universe, which is completely opposed to what Stan Lee had in mind.
    And the fact that they constantly put out two of each series nearly every month, so the Top 10 each month looks something like this:

Yeah, I mostly agree with you comments, although I voted for Marvel.
    Austen's Uncanny X-Men is by far the worst EVER!
    And I really don't like their obsesion with multi-parts stories.
    Maybe I should have voted for Fantagraphics; Love & Rockets is sooo great!

16. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    Dark Horse has all of the best Star Wars comics.

17. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
  18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  19. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Image. The art on their Street Fighter strip is amazing, it is as good as alot of other comic book's cover arts.

Hmm...I wonder what Genghis12 would choose/did choose? :confused:

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I don't read comics.

21. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    I don't really read comics.

22. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I don't read a lot of comics, however DC, Marvel, and Dark Horse are my personal favorites when I do read them. :)

23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    DC, specifically the Vertigo imprint.

24. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Marvel for me right now. DC has some great stories out there once and awhile but then they die off to a degree. I love Dark Horse too for the Star Wars stuff. I guess thats how i would do my top three.

25. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Slave Labor Graphics and Dark Horse (SW).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.