main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 4, 2009.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. 101: Ambush

4.0%
  2. 102: Rising Malevolence

0.7%
  3. 103: Shadow of Malevolence

2.0%
  4. 104: Destroy Malevolence

2.0%
  5. 105: Rookies

14.6%
  6. 106 & 107: Downfall of a Droid & Duel of the Droids

16.6%
  7. 108: Bombad Jedi

10.6%
  8. 109: Cloak of Darkness

27.2%
  9. 110: Lair of General Grievous

13.9%
  10. 111: Dooku Captured

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We're halfway through Season One of The Clone Wars, and I'm sure everyone has a favorite episode at this point.

I only had 10 poll options, so I combined Downfall of a Droid and Duel of the Droids. You can specify which one you voted for, of course, plus your reasons why.

Guys, let me be clear: I added the Droids duology together because I only had 10 spots available for the poll. If you liked one of them and not the other, you can vote and specify which of the episodes you like.

I didn't really enjoy Downfall of a Droid much, but I loved Duel of the Droids.

I had a very difficult time deciding.

Every episode has something to offer, and I don't have a clear-cut favorite.

I guess overall I have to go with "Duel of the Droids", because we got to see Grievous be very deadly vs. the clones and Ahsoka, and we got Artoo vs. Goldie in a royal rumble of the droids.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I have to go with Ambush, because it was great seeing a Yoda who was more in-line with his ESB self.

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I am gonna be murdered for this but....Bombad Jedi.....*waits for a binks basher*

4. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    Hard to choose between: Ambush, Rising Malevolence, Duel of the Droids,
    Cloak of Darkness, and Lair of Grievous...with special mention to
    Dooku Captured.

Ultimately, Cloak of Darkness. Runner up, Duel of the Droids.

5. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I hovered over "Ambush" for a few minutes. It really made an impression on me, that as much as I enjoyed the TCW film, the tv series would be much better.

Seeing the best impression of Yoda we've had since ROTJ really raised my expectations for the series.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    How the heck is Bombad jedi winning? Are people clicking accidentally on it, meaning the Droid duology???

7. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Bombad Jedi :D

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Rising Malevolence, because I loved the dark atmosphere and the idea that the goodies were at the mercy of the baddies.

How can Bombad Jedi be winning? That's my least favourite episode...

9. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    Can't you just accept it's popular :D. I wanted to vote for it but clicked Cloak Of Darkness. But hey! At least I like that too.

It's probably the same thing as a blind test result is pretty much opposite to a spoken out test. Because some are scared they'd get pounced on for liking Bombad. But they end up getting to voice the love through votes.

10. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    I voted Destroy Malevolence, I liked the Star Wars feel about it, especially the Anakin/Padmé tension and the Obi-Wan/Anakin collaboration. On top of that it had the droid duo and it didn't feel rushed. In second comes Duel of the Droids for the same reason, third would be Lair of Grievous, mostly because it had Kit Fisto :D

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Anything starring Nute Gunray kicking ass is the definition of perfection in my book. Cloak of Darkness all the way. Not to mention it was the only episode to have formidable villains that didn't talk like idiots (*cough*battledroids*cough*).

12. batsy2

batsy2 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2008
    my vote goes to cloak of darkness 2 reasons as to why.

1. paul dini wrote the episode
    2. it had the best action,best voice acting,excellent writing and last but not least head decapatations and backstabbin

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    did you forget to vote? Destroy Malevolence has no votes so far.

I'm surprised, I thought it was definitely one of the best episodes.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Cloak of Darkness

15. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm with ya buddy! :D *GuNgAnFaN3090 and ILuvJarJar watch each others backs from Binks bashers*

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Rookies.

The show has done a really good job at developing Clone characters and making them each feel different and allow you to grow attached to them. This episode was the pinnacle of this and was near perfect in execution. It remains one of the darkest episodes, Cody and Rex got good development, the Droid Commandos were great and intimidating enemies, and even the battle droids managed to be scary.

Cloak of Darkness comes in a close second followed by Rising Malevolence.

And yeah, I too am surprised that Bombad Jedi is leading the pack. It wasn't bad, but I never got the sense that it was this popular. o_O

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I knew that GuNgAnFaN3090 and ILuvJarJar would be voting for Bombad Jedi, and kudos for them to be willing to admit their Jar-Jar love...they are fanatics.

At least they are brave enough to admit they voted for Bombad Jedi.

Where are the rest of you? ;)

18. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I voted for the Droids 2-parter. I liked seeing them IG droids in action. Plus it was funny with Artoo and the other astromech duking it out like bumper cars.

19. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Cloak of Darkness all the way. Samurai vs. Ninja? Say no more. I'm actually surprised this hasn't received more votes.

20. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Tough call. Duel of the Droids is definitely close to being my favorite episode. I still can't believe how awesome that R2/Goldie fight was. But I didn't care for Downfall of a Droid, and the two are paired together...so I don't know.

Rookies is another great one. Lots of cool moments, no Ahsoka, credible villains, mild swears and a dark atmosphere.

But I think I have to go with Cloak of Darkness. It was gripping from beginning to end, and I was completely surprised that Luminara ended up being as cool as she was. The bad guys win, and Ventress shows off how evil she can be in what would have to be the most violent scene yet. Oh, and Nute Gunray is my favorite character and he rocked in this episode.

My theory on why Bombad Jedi is getting so many jokes: a lot of people have a soft spot for it since Kevin Rubio posted here and was kind enough to answer all of our questions. Sorry, Kevin..I liked it, and I even thought Jar Jar was pretty tolerable. But I still thought it was the worst episode so far.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Guys, let me be clear: I added the Droids duology together because I only had 10 spots available for the poll. If you liked one of them and not the other, you can vote and specify which of the episodes you like.

I didn't really enjoy Downfall of a Droid much, but I loved Duel of the Droids.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I had to go with Cloak of Darkness as it really managed to surprise me a couple times. Duel of the Droids is a close second (though Downfall of a Droid was considerably weaker, IMO) as it has Grievous being so threatening.

Rookies and Ambush would be my runners up. Ambush loses points because it has the early episodes' overabundance of droid humor.

There were so many hanging chads, we had to make a call somewhere. ;)

23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Same here. I wasn't that excited about it after the movie, but Ambush made me realize that I was going to love at least a portion of the series.

I briefly considered voting for it. It had a great Padme and did a good job utilizing Jar Jar.

24. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I've got to go with "Destroy Malevolence". It's really a tie between that and "Dooku Captured", personally. Obi-Wan is actually in them, and he steals every scene he's in.

Looking back though, there's something special and memorable about all the episodes. I've been pleased with each episode, really.

25. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

What did you vote for? I would have to guess Bombad Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.