main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your film on your phone

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ianpaterson, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianpaterson

ianpaterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    Hi
    I've made some of my own films into mp4 ( for people with video phones that can play them )
    Just thought I'd let you know that I'm offering ( free ) my services to:
    convert your films and have them on my site ( not hosted but linked ) for people to download your films.

At the moment there is no sites out there that allow decent films to be downloaded free to your phone.

Just think people would have a choice of what film they download and show their mates at work, kinda like the ringtones.
    If you interested in finding out more
    Please visit the forums at
    Superteam Productions

2. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    That's pretty crazy! Unfortunately, my phone just isn't that cool...

3. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    do you mean to tell me you can convert say a 20min fan film to play on a mobile phone? without the battery running out or running out of memory or anything like that? :eek:

4. ianpaterson

ianpaterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    yep, a sony ericson p800 can hold loads, in fact my friend has a episode of simpsons on his.

video on phones = the future... ? fraid so :)

5. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    i don't know how most of you phone gaggit people managed before mobile phones......you must have sat in the cave on your own and waited for them to be made :p

6. Sleezy

Sleezy Jedi Master star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    Hi

Hi.

You stole my icon.

We're boxing.

:p

7. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    but do you have to spend money downloading? i mean how long does it take?

hows this for a deal, buy me one of these phones and i'll watch all your movies on it :D

8. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
  9. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    great idea, thanx for your services

10. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Geez, cell-phones that let you watch video files now? Man oh man. Just give me a freakin' cell-phone that lets me make calls without all that other crap. :D

11. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Noobie_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2004
    Why on earth would anybody want to watch a movie on a phone? I don't get it.

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Well lets say you had to catch a train and the trip went for half an hour. Why not watch an episode of the Simpsons to help pass the time?

13. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    What program can I use to encode .mp4 films? Quicktime will only save them with an .mov extension. That doesn't work.

My phone's a Motorola A920 by the way. Widescreen, video chat etc. See http://www.three.com.au for more info

14. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I have copies of most of my FX tests on my Palm Pilot. You never know when you'll run into someone in the sandwich shop you haven't seen in a while. It's not like there will be a phat computer nearby to show them what you've been doing. But you can whip out the little handheld and show some stuff. So, I can understand the value to it.

I also carry around Mini-CD's with all my films and FX tests. It's like a super fancy business card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.