main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your first soundtrack-time to go down memory lane

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthBoba, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Movie Soundtracks are my favourite genre of music.

I grew up listening to Classic Fm, and I remember a thrill every time The Imperial March or the Star Wars Opening Theme was played. And then when Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings came out, there was more movie music...
    Such beautiful music...:_|

But my first owned movie track was from the Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King Soundtrack- Minas Morul.
    I recall the feeling of flying through the air in those arial shots of The Eye upon the top of his black tower in Mordor every time I hear it.

I'm currently loving two Halo 3 tracks- 'Finish the Fight' and 'Never Forget'. That was what most struck me about the game; it wasn't so much the gameplay, but the music! :D

2. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    Wow, reading some of these posts makes me feel REALLY old!
    My first film score was Return of the Jedi, purchased in 1983 on cassette. Before that the closest thing I had was the Story of the Empire Strikes Back, which was a 12-inch vinyl record which contained the story of the movie using music, sounds, and dialogue from the film.
    I was late to the party with CD's. I didn't buy my first CD player until I was 19, back in 1994. It was the release of the Star Wars Anthology box set that inspired me to finally make the jump to the compact disc. The first CD's that I bought were those Star Wars discs and Superman.
    As a side note, any Star Wars and film music fan who doesn't own the 4-disc Star Wars Anthology is missing out. It contains music not heard on the 2-disc Special Edition releases. The box set is still relatively easy to find online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.