main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Your presence in costume has been requested

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Epicauthor, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm assistant directing a show at the Coronado playhouse and I was hanging out with the cast after rehearsal last night. I mentioned that I was part of San Diego Fan Force and they all (well the ones who were there...) agreed that I should ask you all to come to see the show.....in costume.

They also mentioned that they might throw in a Star Wars reference in the curtain call (which is a 2 minute recap of the show which I directed) if people show, just to make it a truly Star Wars evening.

Here's the info:

Lend Me A Tenor
    Coronado Playhouse
    April 4-May 11.

Is this something that we might want to do?

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Sounds like fun to me... but don't you think our being in costumes during the performance might either be distracting to the audience and/or the actors on stage? Also, how much do we have to pay for tickets or are they free? Also, can we display our San Diego Star Wars Society Banner while we are there anywhere on the premises? And can we pass out flyers for the SDSWS? Sorry for the interrogation... I just need to know if this will be merely a fun evening or can we possibly turn it around and use it for recruitment purposes. ;)

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I suppose a visit to the homeworld is in order (yes, I'm a 'Nado brat).

4. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    but don't you think our being in costumes during the performance might either be distracting to the audience and/or the actors on stage?

Not this cast...they are the ones who requested it and are a really good bunch. The audience.....well, that's another story.

Also, how much do we have to pay for tickets or are they free?
    20 dollar tickets but I might be able to get a group rate.

Also, can we display our San Diego Star Wars Society Banner while we are there anywhere on the premises? And can we pass out flyers for the SDSWS?

No banner (at least I don't think so) buT i'm pretty sure I could get them to allow us to put a flier in the program.

I just need to know if this will be merely a fun evening or can we possibly turn it around and use it for recruitment purposes.

Ahhhh Linda, forever thinking of the club

:)

5. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Why don't you invite the cast to one of our events. I think us being in costume in the audience would divert attention from the actors and that is not a good thing. Also, the audience might think we are part of the play.

Now, if the play took place in the Mos Eisley cantina or Coruscant then we would fit in nicely. Just a thought. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.