main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You're Invited To Go Out Saturday Night

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by SWN3RD, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'm starting this new thread (and the similar Friday thread) because the original 'Adults Only - After Hours..' thread sort of got buried..

So, to the point, my friends and I are planning on going out Saturday night after the SW concert. Anyone interested in going with us please meet outside the Sagamore Ballroom (where the concert is taking place) after the concert. I'm not positive about the time. Does anyone have any clue as to how long the concert will be?

So...all Single, Married, Straight, Gay, groups or individuals are invited to come along (provided you are 18).

2. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Bar hoping on top of the list? In costume?
    Im there

3. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    "Bar hoping on top of the list? In costume?"

Exactly!

Anyone else?

4. PontiousPilate

PontiousPilate Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Excellent idea. Let's find a bar(or 2) and turn it into our own Mos Eisley Cantina. My friends and I plan on attending the concert and then we will meet you outside the ballroom. How will we be able to find you?

5. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Will you guys be doing any death sticks?

6. Hoth_pants

Hoth_pants Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    ******* you don't want to sell me any death sticks *********

7. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    just an FYI... myself and some other Indy Knights went out in costume a couple of weeks ago to guage the reactions of different bars to our visit. Some of the bars were VERY hyped about having us there (no cover), while some others turned us away. Stop by the Indy Knights table during celebration and we will have info and flyers about where the "good" spots are to hit.

And depending on schedule, I'd love to go get my drink on sometime during celebration.

8. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Argh. Those who aren't minors (over 18) but can't yet drink can't go? Drat. I thought places had wristbands or somesuch? It'd be fun to drink my root beer and shirly temples while hangin out.

~Caleigh

9. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    You dont want to sell me death sticks.

10. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    FiorCara - People underage are more than welcome to come along, I just don't know if you will be able to get into all of the bars. Some places are exclusively 21 and up. I am trying to gather some more information on where exactly we'll be going so anyone can catch up with us since a lot of people will have varying schedules. Also check the Friday Night thread as well.

11. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    Friday night I'd prob pass on, as I'll be at the Fan Force party adn by the time THAT got out bars wouldn't let me in. (Seems that most bars that allow underage patrons don't let you in after midnight.)

Thanks though!

~Caleigh

12. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Come on people! I know there must be more of you out there that are interested! Don't be shy!

13. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I would, but you had to go and add that 'provided you are 21' part...

:(

14. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    Yeah, what Tabee said :(

15. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Ok, I'll take out the 'must be 21' stuff. It doesn't matter to me. I'm sure we can find a place that will let 18yr olds in. How does that sound?!

16. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I am willing to go out, just give a time and place to meet. :)

17. PontiousPilate

Apr 18, 2002
    OK, here is the deal (after discussing this with SWN3RD and Wedge_da_man). Anyone interested in going out Saturday for a few drinks meet @ outside the Sagamore Ballroom following the concert. (It should hopfully end around 9:30/10:00PM) Once we get a group together, we can decide where to take it from there. We can meet along the wall across from the main entrance to the ballroom. Is that alright with everyone? In case you don't have it, the address for the convention center floorplans is below. (Sagamore ballroom is in the upper right corner.)

click here

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    You know what would be pretty damn funny? If a bunch of you who had costumes dressed up and all went to the same bar, then convince them to play the cantina theme a few times. I would pay just to see the reactions on people's faces as they walked in.

19. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Please see PontiousPilate's last post regarding meeting time and place.

2 days left!!!!!

20. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    Cool :) I'm going to the concert, so I'll catch you guys right afterwards!

~Caleigh

21. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Providing that I can get a ticket to the concert, I would love to join you all for a few drinks. Hell, even if I can't get a ticket, I'll still go with ya. I'll be the guy in the Hawaiian shirt dressed like Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. :)

John

22. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I'd be more than happy to go out with you guys for a night on the town kinda thing. Sounds like it could be alot of fun. Who needs sleep this weekend anyways. It's over-rated. I'd love to go out with you guys Friday night as well, but alas, I'm a year shy of the age limit. So I can't legaly go drinking. Oh well, it'll still be fun. See you all soon. I leave tomorrow!!! Yeah!

23. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    This Jedi craves a little adventure and excitement! I'll be looking for you guys. Whoo-hooo!!!!

24. Ric_Flair

Ric_Flair Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    I think this is a great idea. It is a great opportunity to just get together and enjoy our time while in Indy.

25. PontiousPilate

Apr 18, 2002
    Great, we will be looking forward to meeting you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.