side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScannerOmegamon

ScannerOmegamon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2009
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (?????????????????, Yu?Gi?O Ofisharu Kado Gemu?) is a Japanese collectible card game developed and published by Konami. It is based on the fictional game of Duel Monsters created by comic artist Kazuki Takahashi, which is the main plot device during the majority of his popular comic Yu-Gi-Oh! and the Nihon Ad Systems animated series Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (it appears only intermittently and under the name of Magic and Wizards, in reference to Wizards of the Coast's Magic: The Gathering, in the first seven volumes of the comic and the 1998, Toei Animation series). The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game, often shortened TCG, is the part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game formerly manufactured by Upper Deck Entertainment under Konami's direction. The TCG was played Worldwide, but mostly in North America, Europe and Australia. The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG began in 2002.

In the fictional settings of the manga, anime, and films, the game is referred to as Duel Monsters. Thus the trading card game is the realization of a fictional game which was invented by the author Kazuki Takahashi. The cards and rules of the fictional game are entirely subservient to the plot of the story, and so they cannot be made into an actual trading card game without modification. Konami has produced most of the cards named by Takahashi with the powers he gives them. The rules of the trading card game are quite distinct from those of the fictional game. They are more consistent and balanced and do not change as they do in the fictional contexts. The original manga and the first English printing of Volumes 1?3 and part of Volume 4 used the name Magic & Wizards while the other and newer English productions and both anime versions use Duel Monsters.

The trading cards are distributed in Asian countries by Konami as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Official Card Game (OCG). Elsewhere, Upper Deck Entertainment served as the manufacturer under Konami's direction until 2009, when Konami took control of the Upper Deck TCG.[1] In response, UDE had sued Konami for $75 million, supposedly the full amount of the game's global cost, citing a breach in contract.[2] As of December 27, 2008, UDE had won the injunction with Konami, preventing the transfer of distribution rights in the western world.[3][4] A few months later, UDE lost total control of the franchise[5] and removed it from their website.[6] The solid future of the franchise is currently unknown, but Konami is continuing to introduce new cards and are developing a new rating system called "COSSY.

Copied text from Wikipedia.OK,basically this thread is for discussion about everything in Yugioh TCG.
    New banlist,Decks,Strategies and so on.I have played it about 2,5 years.And also it is the most popular card game in the world.It also has a Guiness record for selling most individual cards.
    I have a Stardust Dragon Assault Mode/Zombie Synchro deck and I also have a Demise deck,but i have to demolish it because of the new banlist of 1.september 2009.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    One former player checking in! :)

I used to play this game every day at lunch at school, but then things fell apart as everyone stopped playing it. I still have my cards, but they sit in their tote box on the shelf.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I play with my brother-in-law-in-law-to-be-to-be (fiance's sisters boyfriend), and love it, still. TV series is a bit flaky in places, but good fun nonetheless.

Different Dimension Cards + spellcasters + Psychics/Tuners is my favourite deck combo, but the Alien cards are just nasty.

4. Gamer_4_life

Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2009
    Played before with my brother and neighbors. Now not playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.