main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Zombies! Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by LAJ_FETT , May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.

Take Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and add a dash of zombies to liven things up and this is the result. I picked it up in a local bookstore yesterday and started it last night. I'm not an Austen fan, but with a dash of zombies it's quite readable. Highly recommended!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't think I could read this - I enjoyed P&P quite a bit.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I hear it is masterfully done, Nat. I have been wanting to get this for some time, but I can't really afford money on books, and the library unfortunately can't get it. Looks great though.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I finished it the other day and it was pretty well done. For me it dragged in a few places but on the whole it was enjoyable. However, I don't think I could read the original - it would probably bore me to tears. But add zombies and that's another matter..
    As far as price goes - both of my local bookstores had it on the discount tables.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Maybe you won't be able to answer this since you haven't read the original :p but how exactly are the zombies added to the story?

EF - yeah, it's gotten good reviews. It's just the idea of zombies being added to a classic - it sounds even weirder than sequels written by modern-day authors.

Does your library do inter-library loans?

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    England is infected by zombies, and a common interest in zombiekilling brings Darcy and Elizabeth together.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I saw this in Chapters a few weeks ago, but I have so much on my plate book-wise that I really couldn't justify picking it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.