main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon 09.10.11: MUSHU's STAR WARS and SUPERHERO PET EVENT FUNDRAISER at TONYS KINGDOM

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I thought to pass this on to you guys:

09.10.11: MUSHU's STAR WARS and SUPERHERO PET EVENT FUNDRAISER at TONYS KINGDOM of Comics

Come on down with your pets to TONYS KINGDOM of COMICS and COLLECTIBLES and meet some Jedi/Old Ben Kenobi and his padewan Mushu, StormTroopers, ScoutTroopers and many more. Dress up with your pet as Star Wars or Superheros characters and enter our pet/parent lookalike contest for prizes. Bring you cameras for pictures.
    http://www.facebook.com/TonysKingdom?sk=info
    OR http://www.tonyskingdom.net/
    DATE/TIME: Saturday September 10th 11AM-3PM
    PLACE; 5420 River Dr N
    Keizer OR, 97303
    PHONE; 503-463-1142

This is a fundraiser benefiting GoodFellas Rescue and The Pet Education and Treatment Foundation;
    http://www.pet-foundation.org/
    They will be offering;
    Exams $5.00
    DHLPP $5.00
    CORONA $5.00
    BORDETELLA $5.00
    RABIES $5.00

We will be accepting donations for this cause. AND there will be a raffle with all proceeds benefiting PRINCESS LEAH;
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/May-the-Force-be-with-the-Princess-LEAH/166607313399901?sk=info
    http://www.princessleahdiaries.blogspot.com/

I might be able to attend. It's an opportunity for people to see the local Star Wars costumers and see the great work they do for charities.

-Eric

2. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    NICE!! I can be there later on. My bulldog mutt looks like a Gamorrean Guard lol. Time to get some green spray paint!!!!

Sept. get together afterwards?

3. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    [image=http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3636/60848697.png]
    I give you....Harvey

4. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    AHAAAA!!!! dude he totally looks like a gamorean lol, Ive got a bbq to attend for my nephews work he invited my fiance and I.... i cant turn down food... let alone free food!!! lol if its later ill go early but if its early ill show later!! it sounds like a blast

5. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Anyone else going?

6. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    my wife and I have a bbq to go to between 1 and 4 were gunna do what we can to make it were hittin the q around 2 or 230 well try to get there before that

7. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Got there at 230 and it was all gone :(

MY kid was kinda bummed but then he got his hands on a Boba Fett comic and a Dark Horse Vader series. All is well.

That was my first tiume to that store. Very cool stuff for sure.

I want to get involved with some local 'clubs' but dodn't quite know how to go about it. Tony gave ma a card for the Cloud City Garrison and for his Rebel Alliance. What do I do now?

8. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    My wife and i got there at like 130ish and ran into the garrison folks, there a great group, they all got excited when they saw my car pull in, an audi TT with a giant mythosaur sticker on the rear window lol. The mandalorians gathered around my car and got some pix theyll be posting in a day or two on the cloud city site,if some one teaches me how to post a pic ill put a couple of mine on this thread. i got to talking with them and they seen how big a fan of the fett i am (the car the watch my tat lol) and asked me to join their ranks which I believe Im gunna do it, but not till after the first of the year. Im gunna sign up to cloud city and start my initiation and with the mercs as well.... so bill why dont you and I start gabbing?? whats your email?? wait Ill pm ya
    well jeshbi wan maybe we can pm too to find out about other sites eh?
    and besides the cos players from the garrison dude you only missed an at-at dog lol it was actually really frickin cute ill even post a pic of him if I learn how lol and as for it being over when you got there yeah the pics they did of my car and then my wife and I posing with the group that was a wrap, they said it was too hot to be in costume and I dont blame em, sorry you missed out tho bro its always a geat time to meet up with major cos play fans and bs about our fave topics star wars and fandom.

9. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Until recently, I hadn't realized how hardcore these cos players are. It's serious business lol.

I don't know how into wearing the costumes i'd be. I still have residual self conscienceness since my turn to the geek side and probably need to be around the groups to get a better idea of what goes into it. I do want to start finding out how to become a part of the Star Wars community around the area because I have so many questions and no one to ask :(

"2012" THE YEAR OF DARTH JERSHBI!!!!! I may turn

10. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    well star wars has been a huge part of my life since 1977 when I seen it at the drive in OPENING NIGHT!!!! its so ingrained in my bloodline that with out provacation my nephew and my daughter both decided they have the love for the wars. What type of questions do you have man?? obviously not about the wars themselves or the EU you seem to have a good grasp on that. As for the community alot of the peeps here at the council have bailed for one reason or another, where the last remnants of what was once a great society. there are other fellow geeks out there just need to find em. I ran into one a girl actually, she seen my fett tat and freaked out started tellin me about the taun taun tat she wanted and started tellin me about her good friend that dresses up like fett. I get that alot lol. I run into alot of fans. The cos players are a total diffrent breed and im ready to join their ranks. They are truely what defines the truest hard core fans, and well that is me.

11. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    ^ my man, I am also ready to make the jump. I am thinking about going Mando with some sick colorings. I signed up on the Cloud City Garrison yesterday and started researching what i need to do to be a part of that community. I am frigging excited!!! I grew up with the Wars around me but didn't get into it until I got home from the Navy during the release of EP II. I had a son at the same time and everything just fell into place lol.

I was also never a fan of reading just to read. It was always related to college and homework. Then I read Shadows of the Empire. I moved on to the thrawn trilogy, jedi academy trilogy, then the Dark Nest trilogy, the bane books, a darth maul book and all of that in the first year!.
    I'm in the new jedi order series now. AWESOME!

I have decided that this is more than a hobby for me and am stoked about meeting up with some die hards and warring with the stars!

We'll do this together bro.

12. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    its like you tore a page out of my brain man!!! I was havin the same idea with the mandi armor! theres another group dedicated to mandalorians, the mandalorian mercs, the chick Katie that I spoke with about this whole cos play thing was tellin me about it.
    Any ways, Im full on in this and glad you are too man.... I signed up but Im still waiting to hear back from em...have they got back to you yet??

13. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    If you are really wanting to do Mando, I can help you out with that. I was the clan leader of the former Northwest Confederacy Clan, of the Mandalorian Mercs. The NWC is gone, but it was replaced with Seron Clan. Drago Seron is the new clan leader.

I don't do much trooping as a Merc, but I still have a lot of friends who do. I can help you get plugged in. Just say the word and I will point you in the right direction.

Jershbi, good luck with your quest. Cloud City has a lot of good people in their garrison. I am sure they will hook you up. Something to remember is that they represent the Imperial side of the Star Wars universe. So, if you are wanting to do a Mando I would suggest you talk to the Mercs... unless you are doing one of the Fetts, then go right ahead, since they are 501st costumes. But the nice thing about the Fetts are that, if done correctly, they can serve in both clubs! ;)

- Bill

14. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    [face_hypnotized] This all falling in to place. The force is with me apparently. I have not contacted the mercs yet but deff think that is the way I will go. I'd like to be Yu-Kahn Fett (Yukon because I'm from CANADA eh). So that would allow me to work with both factions?

I have NO costume yet but am dedicating the next 6 months to creating one.

I am amazed at the types of places that the groups get to troop at. It seems like it would be an incredible rush to be portraying a character that kids and audults will go nuts over.

What can I do to get started?

I'm 6'3.5 and 270 lbs so I may need some help looking for resources to fit my big ass lol.

With the size, I'm also thinking of being the Llocal Darth Bane. Seems easy enough.

Being a Merc woould be the tits though!
    =P~

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Hey, I've seen 400lb Biker Scouts, so anything is possible!

You really need to figure out what you want to do and then go to the representative organization that hosts that specific costume.

For instance, the 501st only does the Imperial costumes, plus the screen seen Bounty Hunters. The Rebel Legion does the Rebels and Jedi, of course. The Jedi Assembly does Old Republic era Jedi, only. And finally, there is the Mandalorian Mercs. This club is basically, for lack of a better phrase, the place for customized Mando costumes, within reason, of course. They don't really allow cross-genre Mandos (example: Bat-Mando). But since you want to carry the name of Yu-Kan Fett, to honor your Canadian heritage, I know they would not have a problem with that. It's the quality of the kit they are looking at.

Personally, I think a good costume for your size would be a Mando. Storm trooper armor may work, but there may be a lot of modifications involved. With the Mando Mercs, the sky is the limit! As long as you maintain the look and feel of that which is Mandalorian, they would have no problem letting you in. In other words, as long as you have all of the recognizable armor pieces, helmet, vest, accessories and boots, anything can be customized.... and, it can be done for fairly cheap. I think the final cost on my armor was close to $400, which in this hobby is pretty cheap.

- Bill

16. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    This will happen!!

I was on the dented helmet site and those guys go hard as hell. Since I am going merc, do I have the option of say, a black flight suit with red and white armor? Is that going to work.

How close to Boba/Jango's armor does it need to be? Do I need an official flight suit with pockets exactly where they need to be and straps in all thge right places? Can I get a custom suit as long as it is the same idea as the official suits? The armor will be spot on of course but I hope I am able to customize a little. I absolutly intend on keeping as autentic as possible but would like the option to find my own materials as opposed to buying a 250 dollar replica type dealyo

I'm thinking white helmet with red cheek highlights type dealy. Is that all good? Maybe Wampa braids in lew of wookie. Sub Arctic merc?

17. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Damn Josh, Im a hard core snowboarder....guess what my vision of a mandalorian armor was gunna be..... Hmmmmm desert merc nope.... jungle?? guess again.... oh gee a snowboarding fett!!!! lol we can still get along tho right?? lol

18. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

Let's put it this way, my Merc costume has been going through some changes. I still sport the USAF style flightsuit and I still have the Jango style armor, only I have changed the knees because I detest the Fett knees. I wanted to be unique and random. The first go-round, I did a Desert Mando theme, with brown, tan and black as my accent colors. Now I am sporting a black flightsuit, instead of the original khaki. Kind of showing my transition from Mando to Imperial, as I am fleshing out my Tavrik Gannon character. This black flightsuit has the Imperial cog patches on the sleeves - I used this flightsuit when I was a TIE PILOT for Cloud City Garrison - before the costume requirements improved (which was a good thing, as my flightsuit was not accurate for an Imp pilot at all!).

One of the first upgrades was to fix damage done to my armor. One way I did that was to add black leather straps that vaguely resemble something seen on Roman Imperial Centurion armor.

For that you have in mind, I don't see any problems. I am heading out to my buddy, Darrin's tomorrow. He's the Seron Clan captain. If you have the time, you should come on out and we can shoot the breeze. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. Darrin lives in Scappoose.

Here is a pic of my armor when I became the 250th member of the Mando Mercs:
    [​IMG]

I need to track down a pic of the recent upgrades. Maybe Darrin will have a good pic. I was in the St helen's parade, this year, so there could be some decent pics of it from there.

- Bill

19. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Man that sounds luke it would have been fun. I have been researching the best way to get a helmet going. This is going to take some work!! I am lost as far as forming the armor and helmet but understand that the effort will make it mean that much more.

Any good ideas on where to start. Been on the dented helmet, great site, but if you have any other resources, i'm in!

20. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    You can get some starter kits on ebay. While I can't mention specific ebay dealers by name, I can say just look up Boba or Jango Fett armor, and you should see some hits. My kit is one of those, and I have had it for over two years - even survived a scrape at the Winterhawk's Mascot Night.... of course I had to add some leather to it to cover up the "battle damage".

- Bill

21. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    TAPS Plastics in NE Portland is a good place for resins and plastics, plus the staff is very knowledgeable of their products. Now they just supply materials, so mold making and the like is up to you. They do provide some sculpting mediums, but plaster of paris with modeling clay for details woks pretty good for vacuum forming.

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I go there on a regular basis, for all my plastic needs.

- Bill

23. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.