main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA 10/24/04 Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Last nights meeting went well. Four of us showed up, myself (Cate), Cheryl, Marlow and Paulie.
    It was decided that we will have a game night at Marlow?s in Kirkland on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 27th) and that it will be combined with our regular monthly meeting for November (I will go in and update the calendar and the database with Marlow?s address later from home, I am posting this at work and don?t have her addy with me here, it is in my club daytimer, which I left at home)
    (P.S., Marlow, what time do we want to start at for Game night?)

We are also planning on having a Life Day Party sometime in December or early January. This will be at my (Cate?s) place. We will set the date during our meeting business at Game night, based on everyone?s availability.
    One thing to plan for during the Life Day Party is a true White Elephant gift exchange. We are to find something we already have at home, something you either bought for yourself or were given as a gift and either have a duplicate of, have no room for or can?t make use of yourself. The item can be used and already open but must be in good condition. Star Wars related is great but can be anything at all.
    The idea is to put all the pressies together in one location, then we will draw numbers to see what order we select gifts in. When your turn comes up, you can either select a new unselected pressy, or steal a pressy from someone else (if your gift is ?stolen?, you then get the same choice) once everyone has had their turn, then the one who selected the number 1 gets to have a chance to exchange their gift with anyone else they choose to, or keep what they have.
    All gifts will remain unopened until after the number 1 has had their final turn, so wrap your gift enticingly in order to increase its theft potential!

We are also planning to have a garage sale in March sometime to raise money for the club to do something fun together at CIII, so start looking for stuff to sell. Even clean it up and stick a price tag on it and throw it in a box to have it ready for the sale day.
    All money will go into one kitty to use for a group activity at CIII, maybe a nice dinner out or an activity at the convention that is not covered by our admissions fee to the event. We will decide as a group what to spend it on later.

also for CIII, we will need to decide before the big day whose hotel room is closest to the convention for use as a "Base of Operations", some peeps will be staying at hotels not so close to the convention center so it would be nice to have a place to meet for get togethers and to leave stuff like costumes one might want to change in to later etc....

Hope to see everyone at game night/meeting next month!

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Just a quick note to let you all know I have just updated the contact list with marlow's new phone and addy and cheryl's cell phone number

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Are we going to a movie this week? Paulie mentioned the Incredibles so she could see the teaser trailer...

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    y'all will have to count me out, I can't do anything this weekend except take Bianca to her soccer game and study for a test I have on monday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.