main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~100 ABY, The Force Cold War~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Chukles38, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Miria Lahana, Ship called 'Light'

Miria?s concsiousness floated back to rest upon her. The first thing she realized was that she no longer felt intense pain with every breath. For this she was grateful. She opened her eyes and groaned, snapping them shut against bright blinding white light. She lifted her hand to her eyes from beneath the sheet to further shield them from it and flung the sheet aside. Miria sat up, causing her stiff, bruised muscles to protest. She kept her head lowered to better keep out the light and opened her eyes, wrapping an arm around her torso.

She knew she was a prisoner. And even worse, she knew she was on his ship, somewhere in space. Miria called to Alex through the force. And felt? nothing. Nothing. Her breath quickened and her heart rate increased. Her golden skin turned a shade of silver, as she felt a tinge of fear. Looking up, she saw him, facing away from her. Miria took several calming breaths. Her skin remained silver, showing her true emotion, but she continued to fight against it. Oh force! Master, what do I do? Miria?s thoughts continued in that vein for a few moments. She swallowed several times and without thinking about it, inched a bit further away from him. She didn?t know where he was taking her or why, but was sure it wasn?t so that she could sing for anyone.

Standing up slowly, she addressed him. ?Where are you taking me??

TAG: Nicklit, Chukles

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    OOC: In my last post, the ship's "talking" was actually communications via Cognition Hood. Although it is slightly different from the Yuuzhan Vong version, being Sekotan made.

IC: Leonias Colcha & Kev-Mas Colcha?s Force Ghost
    Muspelheim, Colcha Stronghold, Hangar Bay ? 95 ABY

After landing Aniiba into the hangar bay of the large castle like structure, Leonias pulled off the Cognition hood and hopped out of the cockpit of the Sekotan Fighter craft.

"Welcome to the Colcha Stronghold, Leonias," said the now familiar voice of the spirit of Kev-Mas Colcha, as he appeared again, in his usual red and grey hued ghastly form.

"So, was this your home?" asked Leonias to the spirit of Kev-Mas.

"Among other things. Come on, follow me, I'll give you a tour of the place, as it is now yours."

The two then walked down the corridors of the Stronghold, walls and ceiling vaultings made from a mixture of stone and metal, lit by a few torches here and there. They came upon a few rooms here and there, Kev-Mas explaining their purposes to Leonias, until they came upon a massive room, with a large floor surrounded by spectator seats on each side.

"The sparring arena," said the spirit of Kev-Mas to Leonias, "Where I will train you in the art of Tsurugi Kyouran, the form of the Greatsaber. You will find the weapon for use of this form in the north preparation room."

With that, the spirit pointed to the room's door.

"You will want to prepare in there as well."

"Yes, Grandfather," replied Leonias.

While in the room, after grabbing the Greatsaber, Leonias did a short bout of meditation, training his mind for combat, and learning of the now near forgotten form of Tsurugi Kyouran, which meant Sword of Fury to those who knew Gamatsu, translating roughly to Furious Sword in Basic.

Upon leaving the room, back into the arena, Leonias was greeted by the ghastly form of Kev-Mas.

"Ready?" he said.

"Yes, I am," replied Leonias.

"Okay, first things first. You will need to learn the proper stance. Stand with your main hand side facing the opponent, in this case in my direction, holding the greatsaber out with both hands out from your body, pointed upward in a diagonal motion in the direction of your off hand side."

With that, Leonias ignited the lightsaber, its impressive 3 meter long blade coming to life, with a snap-hiss, and stood in the same way as his grandfather had described it.

"Very good," replied Kev-Mas "Now, for the opening salute. Bring the saber upright and held straight, while turning to face me directly, rotating the wrist so that the back of the hand faces your main hand side nearly flush."

Leonias, copying the movements as described by Kev-Mas once more, and then as he returned to the opening stance, commented on how the long blade was more difficult to handle than his previous one.

"This long blade is much more difficult to handle than a normal one."

"Indeed it is," replied Kev-Mas, "This is why you must use simpler moves. Nothing too flashy, just enough to get the job done, being kill the opponent as quickly as possible."

"Okay, that's good to know."

"Indeed," said Kev-Mas, as he nonchalantly opened the door facing Leonias with the wave of his hand, and then disappeared into thin air.

"Wait!"

Just then, two IG-100 Magnaguards, with an abnormal green glow about them, coming from their chest, where normally the red sensors would be, appeared coming out of the doors, pulling out small metal cylindrical devices, which then were immediately identified as lightsabers, when red blades came out of them with a snap-hiss for each.

"Kriff..." muttered Leonias, starting with the opening salute towards the two droids, then angling the greatsaber horizontally as they got close

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    60 years earlier...

IC: Darth Insipid

He'd been told this was the last mission he was to partake in the Galactic Alliance. Insipid's orders were to abandon Lumiya and Jacen Solo to their devices, to sit back and wait for a more ideal time to strike. The galaxy was aflame, the Confederation amassing strength that was only a dozen fleets weaker than the Galactic Alliance itself - the galaxy was about to be enmeshed in enough violence to cripple the Jedi beyond belief. The Ninth Fleet was even now advancing on Gilatter, straight into the Confederation trap.

And the One Sith had been instructed to wait.

As such, Darth Insipid was in a foul mood as he strode up the concourse, his water-borne vessel banging against the pier a few moments afterwards. In his GA blue uniform, 'Aden Kya' stormed to the gates of the Detention Center with his lightsaber already in his hand. Jagg Island was in the middle of the Western Sea of Coruscant, and he would have to be quick - not that he was in the mood for subtlety. His identity was to be invalidated, and rendered useless - Aden Kya was to die at the hands of Colonel Solo's regime.

Six minutes passed, and, seventeen dead guards later, the crew were free, and, twenty-two minutes after that, the Bothan Assault Cruiser Avengeance had been released from the dock where GA Intelligence had kept it, stocked with enough weapons to level a planet. And, enough Force defences to destroy a particular Force-sensitive planet.

--

Captain Jel'mwa, brother of the late Reh'mwa, murdered by Jacen Solo and his GAG perhaps a month before, could not believe his good fortune. His revenge was about to be completed. The crew of the Avengeance had been provided with taozin and Ysalamiri, even a few vornskr. Whoever 'Aden Kya' was, he certainly knew what to give them. Jel'mwa surmised he was a Sith, but it didn't matter - the Sith had freed them to fulfil their mission.

The Avengeance winked out of hyperspace in the Mobus system, the coordinates provided by Kya being exact - they had avoided the dark matter-induced gravitcs, and a blue-green world with a scarred southern hemisphere was evident. So too, surprisingly, were what appeared to be aorund two dozen blocky patrol craft. Jel'mwa grinned nonetheless, fur rippling. "Launch shuttles, open fire on the planet. Keep shields down for as long as possible - these small craft are no threat to us for now."

That would allow the Bothans to launch their full compliment quickly. With some confidence that he was about to victor - Sekot's massive strength was completely unstoppable, but anchored in the Force - where they no longer existed. Jel'mwa took the capsule and personally went to place it in the torpedo which would kill Sekot.

TAG: Vincent

4. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    IC: Dark Sun

Dark Sun drifted in space for a few days as she waited for her pick up, instead a call was coming through it was her master.

"Dragon, I have new orders for you - but congratulations on your actions. Report to Bothawui, and prepare to defend the Bothan Ruling Council from attack. I believe there will be Jedi enroute shortly... inform the Bothans that this is compliments of 'Darth Mikaru' - they will know who I am."

As he disconnected the connection, she was already putting in the destination. Her Z-95 Head Hunter came back to life and launched into hyperspace. It was a quite trip as she meditated and ate a small sandwich. Soon her scanners was letting her know that she was getting in range, so she sent a message to the Bothan Council informing them of her arrival.

At first they would not even let the message get all the way through until she told them she was here to work, compliments of Darth Mikaru?. That got things moving, first she was allowed to land in a secured landing port, and whisked away in a hover car with government markings. She was still in her other outfit and knew that time might be short. So as they traveled through the streets quickly, she pulled her robe out and boots, then closed the divider putting her section in total darkness.

As the vehicle slowed, then stopped, she was just clipping her sabers to her hidden belt. ?We are here?.ma?am?, said the driver.

?You can call me Dragon, driver, now lead me to the Ruling Council with no delays or I will use your hide for my new carpet.?

He lead her through the halls, and she took in the route and the lay out as she followed the Bothan driver. As they arrived to the doors of the Council, she moved to the front. ?I need you no longer, you may go.? Dark Sun waited till the driver had left and turned towards the doors. Waving her hand, the doors swung open and she stepped through to face the Council. Sniffing, she strode forward with calm grace, ?I am Dragon, Darth Mikaru? has sent me.?

Tag: GM or no one, or Jedi

5. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    60 years ago...

IC: Prowler Acklay ? Commanding Officer: Gin Deshi Tai
    Prowler Airsquid ? Commanding Officer: Gin Shishou Vincent Mikaru
    Prowler Hssiss ? Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Commander Ford
    Prowler Nightdevil ? Commanding Officer: Gurei Deshi Mi'r Dragg
    Prowler Nightshrike ? Commander Officer: Gurie Shishou Baal'ta
    Zomana Sekot

Prowler Hssiss

The prowler Hssiss dropped out of hyperspace over the living world of Zonama Sekot. The Hssiss, was at one point, a prototype. While the design of the ship was ancient by normal ship standards, the Hssiss was the first to be equipped for stealth. And due to the constant ship upgrades the old class of prowler was more up to date than some current military ships.

Lieutenant Commander Ford, the ships commander, watched the strange living world grow in his command decks view screen. He and his crew were due for rotation out. For the past 4 months the Hssiss had been assigned a, rather important mission, patrol and observe Sith Space, in particular Korriban. Master Leviathan had put it quite accurately, ?The Sith are apparently fools, and the Jedi blind fools. Of the countless planets in this Galaxy the Sith always lay roots in Korriban. The Jedi tend to forget this, but we will remember.?

So, twice a month, the Hssiss preformed orbital scans of the entire planet for 48 hours, and every 4 months the ship would return to Sekot, the crew debriefed, and a new rotation assigned to her to continue her duty. And today, by fortune, luck, or fate, the Hssiss happened to arrive in time to participate in a very important event.

?IFF contact! Mid system. Its not one of ours.? The low alert klaxon rumbled through the ship as the young Falleen ensign alerted Ford. ?scanning the database for a match to the IFF.? After a moment, the young ensigns eyes widened and her pigmentation shifted to a paler green than normal. ?Sir... Its the Avengeance.?

Prowler Airsquid

?What!?? Vincent Mikaru, at this point in time a 34 year old, yelled at the face before him.

?Yes Master Mikaru. The IFF codes are accurate, that ship, that is now approaching this system, is the Avengeance.? Lieutenant Commander Fords calm voice stated, a voice that contradicted his gruff face. ?We must go on alert.?

Vincent knew about the Avengeance. A ship used by some radical Bothans with the mission to kill off all of the Yuuzhan Vong in the galaxy, and in turn the last remnants of their homeworld. In this case, the last remnant of their home world was Zonama Sekot. He thought the ship and his crew had been captured nearly 5 years ago. ?I agree. contact the temple, alert them. They've probably come prepared for Zonama Sekot, that will mean, they've come prepared to fight the Force.?

Vincent then quickly cut the comm from Ford's channel to an open one to all Templar ships in the area. ?This is Gin Shishou Vincent Mikaru. We are at Alert Status 1, I repeat Alert Status 1. We have Hostiles in system, All ships come to bear on the Avengeance, attempt to disable destroy if necessary.? An alarm klaxon rang from the sensor console on Vincents chair. ?By the Force they've opened fire!?

Zonama Sekot

The living planet of Zonama Sekot could feel the upset nature of those that lived on it. The most burning emotions from those of the Templars, their connection with the Force acting as an amplifier allowing Zonama to feel them easier. It was through the Templars in ships in orbit that it felt the threat. Their fear, and anger, even some resentment was directed towards an anomaly.

A void in the Force, a lacking of presence, that gnawed at the planets nerves. It knew of creatures that caused gaps in the force, Ysalamiri, Taozins all creatures that could, if present on its surface, cause it pain, discomfort, even the possibility of death. And the size of this gap was certainly large enough to cause it great pain perhaps worse. So the planet moved to defend itself. It lashed out in the Force, a

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Morganna

?I assume you're here to help me with the cargo eh??

Morganna blinked at Norn Dukai, but didn't say anything. She took several slow steps forward, but there was no aggression in the Force. There was almost no sense of danger, actually. No intent. Morganna was simply following orders. The Professor had simply taken what had made the clones of Order 66 effective, and turned them into warriors. Her eyes did not blink, and she bore no weapons. No, wait - suddenly the skin around her upper arm unfolded, depositing a holdout lightsaber into her right hand, revealing her arm was cybernetic for a moment. It ignited, a full-length silver blade emerging.

"I am Morganna."

She flipped over Norn, lashing down at his head, and then planted her feet on the Preybirds hull for an instant, before cartwheeling away and throwing a blow at his side. It was pre-meditated, and perfectly synchronised. Like a droid, but with grace, she struck.

TAG: Kahn_Iceay
    ---
    IC: Rem

Rem gestured, sending his lightsaber away from him, keeping it waggling, as if he was running. The fools ran after it, not able to see nobody was holding it, and he pounced on the slowest of the crew, knocking him down and snapping his neck. They didn't even notice - couldn't, really. With a grin, Rem darted after his next target. Then the Force sung with danger.

--

That danger become evident deep in the mines, when one of the last slaves Zayl freed said, quickly. "He's ahead - be caref-" A moment later a blow in the Force crashed out, crushing the ex-slave to the wall with bone-shattering force, his body sagging to the floor in a pile of flesh and blood. Slaves began screaming, and the alarm rang out, blasters sounding out deeper within the tunnel system. From the depths emerged a Sith Lord, grabbing at the rapidly collapsing body and tossing it at Zayl as his blade ignited.

"Jedi!"

TAG: Sarge221
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid

Arriving at the Nightsister compound, Darth Insipid grinned as he saw three of the darksiders already readying to greet him, all wielding lightsabers and swords. Striding down the ramp, he gestured, flattening one to the dusty floor, and a blaze of lightning emerging from his other hand to throw the sole sister wielding a sword to the ground. The remaining sister, with a lightsaber, hadn't moved to protect either of her comrades - of course they wouldn't, they were darksiders, not One Sith.

The woman shook, stepping back in fear, and Insipid punched her in the head. She flopped to the ground, and he took her blade, preparing to kill all three of them. "Enough," came the voice, and Insipid turned back to his ship.

"Darth Mikaru. Care to explain why you are here?" The man was heavily built, and moderately strong in the Force, passing his own lightsaber from hand to hand, clearly ready to kill Insipid - or at very least die trying. He had an intriguing echo within the Force. "Is it time for the Sith to cultivate our masses again, as pawns in your plans?"

Insipid snorted. "I have no such interest. I require teaching. I'm not using you as pawns." Today.

"Oh? This I don't believe. I can kill you, cousin, contrary to your belief."

"Cousin?" Insipid canted his head, suddenly recognising the shape of the echo. "So you're my grandmothers other grandson. I doubted she would adhere to that ridiculous little family trait of 'having one child'. Especially after how my mother turned out."

The man nodded. "Perceptive, once the obvious is laid out to you. Congratulations."

Insipid found he was enjoying this. A pleasant surprise, to find a relative who wasn't a fool. "So what is your name?"

"My name, Darth Mikaru, is Grael Plo. And I will teach you what you require. For a price." The man placed his lightsaber on his waist, and folded his arms. Insipid fou

7. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Zayl
    Karfeddion, Mines

Zayl's yellow-bladed lightsaber, as it had done for a while now, cleaved through the restraints of the next slave that he had come across. He had already freed several and handed them weapons of guards that he had come across and taken down. Currently one of their blaster rifles was hanging from Zaydin's back and once he had cut through this latest slave's restraints he shut off his lightsaber and unshouldered the rifle to hand it to him. He got something different in return though.

"He's ahead - be caref-"

As danger suddenly bloomed, right in front of his eyes Zayl watched as the slave was suddenly thrown off to the side and he heard the crunch of bones first before he turned to find the slave having been slammed into the wall and killed because of the impact.

It was as if it was a signal to set off a whole host of chaos. Alarms rang, slaves screamed, and blaster fire echoed throughout the tunnels of the mine. A concern to be sure as Zayl hoped that his armed slaves would be fine but something else that he heard caused him to be more concerned with a new arrival.

"Jedi!"

...A Sith Lord hadn't been part of the plan.

The body of the dead slave was flung towards him and even with all the chaos Zayl was still able to get himself to leap to the side to dodge the improvised projectile. The blaster rifle still in his hand, Zayl pointed the fully automatic weapon at the Sith and pulled the trigger, letting a stream blaster bolts launch at the Sith.

TAG: Sinrebirth

8. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    60 years ago...

IC: Prowler Acklay ? Commanding Officer: Gin Deshi Tai
    Prowler Airsquid ? Commanding Officer: Gin Shishou Vincent Mikaru
    Prowler Hssiss ? Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Commander Ford
    Prowler Nightdevil ? Commanding Officer: Gurei Deshi Mi'r Dragg
    Prowler Nightshrike ? Commander Officer: Gurie Shishou Baal'ta
    Templar Marine Corp - 82nd Airborne ? Fighter Division ? Black Wolves Squadron

Black Wolves Squadron

When the Status 1 Alert rang out in the Temple proper the 12 two men crews of the Black Wolves Squadron hauled it to the Hanger level. And it was here that the issues struck. While the Templars had the Black Wolves here as part of the defense force they loaned to Zonama Sekot, their fighters hadn't arrived. X-3 Daggers, small multi-use fighters that were still being constructed. And as such, they had limited options.

The hanger was full of ships, but not many that would be useful in repelling any sort of attack. In that regard there was a single Finrir assault fighter almost as old as some of the pilots, and 11 Strum Gunships that weren't even able to leave Atmo.

Decisions came quickly, most of the squadron would take the gunships and play ?tag? with the shuttles, while the Squadron leader and his Co-pilot would take the Fenrir, and see what issues it could bring to aid the ships in orbit. And so, after just a matter of perhaps 3 minutes, the Marine Pilots were in the air.

Black Wolves Squadron ? Gunship Group

Apparently, the people attacking Zonama weren't all to bright. There was no finesse in their piloting skills, they didn't bank, pitch, roll, anything. They flew in straight lines, and as such, made simple lock ons. And the fact that they were basically flying at the Temple just as the Gunships were leaving the hanger, they didn't even have to aim.

The Strums had less than a full load of rockets, they could carry 6, only two were, the rest had two or three resting on their hard points. So, as the few shuttles that chose to assault Dragon Head Mountain, the lone Templar structure on Sekot at the time, were met with a barrage of rockets, laser fire, and ion cannons. The Strums were old, but this job was what they were meant to do.

Black Wolves Squadron ? Fenrir Assault Fighter

The Fenrir broke atmo around the time the Strums opened fire on the shuttles nearing the temple. The Strum was large, 20 meters long, 6 meters wide. A good quarter of this space was taken up by the reactor and engines. The rest, was taken up by the cockpit, and the ships heavy weapons. She was the Templars attempt to create a Skipspray Blastboat equivalent, they never fully succeeded, but the few models they produced were effective, and expensive.

It flew past the Airsquid as she took a turbolaser hit, at the range, and with her shields the blast didn't damage her, but the ship broke orbit regardless, as her shields wouldn't hold out for to long under heavy fire. The fighter didn't have this issue, its speed, and shields were rounded out enough that it could dodge the fire, and those that it didn't dodge, were unlikely to destroy it, at least right away.

The pilots had no dreams of life after this mission, they knew their fate. They were a single starfighter taking on a ship able to take on star destroyers. They knew they were more likely to die than live this day, but that was their duty they swore, that was the life they chose. And as the ship flew past the Nightshrike and Nightdevil, as they listed under fire limping away to safety. As the last missiles held by the Hissis and Airshrike screamed past it to blossom in crimson and orange across the hull of the Avengeance, they did not turn.

They pressed on, lances of green and blue fire belched from the ships turbolasers and energy torpedo launchers,

9. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    IC: Dade Leviathan
    Zonama Sekot - Temple of Twilight

Dade sighed as he exhaled the cigara smoke slowly from his lungs as he leans back on the balcony of the Temple, Svet and Kalu at his feet, Svet sleeping comfortably as his brother slept next to him, his head rested upon his brother's back. Dade held the burning cigara in his hand, his head laid back upon the head rest of the chair. Placing it to his lips, he took another drag, filling his mouth with the sweet smoke. Inhaling slowly and exhaling once more, he watched the smoke curl up towards the Sekotan sky.

He had been thinking, thinking of the past as he sometimes did. It wasn't often, but every once in a while, Dade would experience things that would bring memories flooding back. He remembered one of the last times the alarms upon Sekot had gone off. The one time that the Templars had truly been jeapordized. The first time in many years that he had feared for his life, despite his training.

Sixty years earlier

"Code One! Sekot is under attack, I want the garrisons at their marks yesterday! Move!" Dade screamed over his comm, making his throat hurt as he ran as fast as he could towards the entrance of the Temple, pulling his cloak around him and fastening it. His lightsaber swayed upon his belt as he ran towards the elevator and yanked the vines so hard that he didn't even have time to set foot on the elevator before they pulled him up at a higher speed that most people would have been able to hold on to without slipping.

Exiting from the Temple, Dade practically jumped down the whole flight of steps, landing hard on the ground below and continuing to run towards the transport which was landing. "Just go!" he yelled at the captain, who began immediately going back into the air as Dade used the force to propel himself towards the ship. Grabbing ahold of one of the landing rails as his force jump powered into the ship, he swung himself up and into the transport as General Tarush of the Templar Military raised an eyebrow at him from his seat near the other side of the transport.

Without asking, Dade force pulled the binoculars from the front of the ship, much to the pilot's annoyance and used them to look up at the atmosphere. Magnifying the view as far as it would go, he saw the explosions of the ensuing space battle and much to his dismay saw a good number of shuttles break through the fighting and enter the atmosphere. Closing his eyes, he used the force to sense how many life forms were upon them, and his eyes flew back open when he realized he sensed nothing...no, not nothing. He sensed A nothing. A blank space. Like the insides of the ships were nothing but a black hole. "Kriffing son of a bantha," he swore to himself as he tossed the binoculars back to the front of the ship, "Ysalamiri."

Dade had encountered Ysalamiri before, in fact he had trained many times to train himself how to survive and fight when they were around. But very few other force users upon the planet had the same training, and Dade hadn't exactly trained how to fight a battle with them around. "Alpha team!" he yelled into his comm, "I want you at the locations of those shuttles asap!"

"Already ahead of you, Kage," came the reply. "Sir, the shuttles have opened, looks like some type of animal that is...oh god! It's Vox..." the voice was cut off as a scream sounded and then a roar that Dade thought he would never hear again sounded from the other end of the comm before the signal went dead.

"Great," Dade growled to himself. "First ysalamiri, now voxyn. This couldn't possibly get worse."

"Sir!" a voice called from the comm.

"What?" Dade barked back.

"Sir! The shuttle at our mark! It's released YVH droids! Shishou Kana can't get through to them, there's ysalamiri on the ship! We are...." the signal went dead. Dade sighed, and turned to the General who was staring wide-eyed at him. "General," Dade remarked, annoyed, as he ran a hand through his hair, "remind me never to ask that ever again."

"Captain!" Dade called t

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Verrick
    Karfeddion mines

The Jedi fired his rifle at point blank range, and the Sith Lord raised the lightsaber, catching the bolts on it, and with his free hand wrenched at the rifle. In a flash the Sith brought his hand back around and swatted at Jedi with telekinesis, and, roaring, lunged down at the man, hacking with his crimson blade.

"I am Darth Verrick! I am your death!"

---
    IC: Lola
    Coruscant

The rest of the day had continued quite pleasantly. A murder here, a little bit of 'facial configuration' with Mr. Lolarus' laughing gas, and the day suddenly passed. Through the night, her, the Master and Avarice wrought a campaign of fun and death - the best combination! - and were ready. With a little grin, she recalled the expedition into the Works, through the streets of Hersperidium, and stretched away any tiredness. They were in Mr. Lolarus' air taxi, and heading towards the Senate building.

They had stuff to do!

TAG: Kahn_Iceay, Trimaj
    ---
    ... sixty years earlier

IC: Jel'mwa
    Aboard the Avengeance, the Incident

The planet was aflame, and shuttles were scattering around the planet, but they were being carefully cut down by milling gunships. A gnat was harassing the Bothan Assault Cruiser, and, shuttles emptied, the bridge commed Jel'mwa. The Bothan checked the holoprojector in the missile bay, and nodded to himself. "Prepare to raise shields..."

"Sir, we've detected another of those small warships en route, approaching what appears ramming speed." Jel'mwa paid it no heed. His shields would deflect such a small warship, and he had plenty of time. No, he had something far better in mind. The Fenrir fighter harassed the armour, doing little, but it did take out a battery with an irritatingly precise shot. The fighter suddenly reached the point -

"Now!"

The shields activated in an instant, the shimmering sphere of energy appearing directly through the Fenrir. Jel'mwa didn't even look at the result, simply checking this advancing prowler. "Pick out all structures, please, and redirect our fire at the planet and the gunships. Ignore the enemy vessels, and dip the ship so the ram's energy will be angled off the ship."

It was a simple move, and he imagined it would be enough. With some amusement, Jel'mwa watched as the canister was secured in the torpedo. "Get ready to launch the weapon..." Such confidence - he had no way of knowing what the enemy had in store for him, and yet he didn't care. Jel'mwa honestly doubted his opponents could stop him.

TAG: Kahn

11. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    60 years ago...

IC: Fenrir-Assault Fighter

The pilots had been an annoyance they knew, but they also knew they weren't doing enough. Then the cruisers shields activated, right inline with the Fenrir. Had the fighters shields been down, it would have been split in half instantly, but fortunately, for a small moment, the ship had heavy shields up. The pilot jerked starboard towards the cruisers hull just as the shields failed and the aft port section of the fighter was sheared off by the shields.

The fighter slammed into hull of cruiser, and skidded to a halt held to the hull via the ships artificial gravity field. Both the pilots were unconscious, the impact had cause there helmets to slam into their skulls and knock them out. But this was a blessing, as they wouldn't hear or feel what was about to happen. The still active lights in the cockpit began to flash red, the shearing of the rear section had cut loose one of the reactors coolant lines. The reactor quickly over heated, emergency shutdowns failed, as their command lines had been sheered away.

A bulkhead around the QuadFusion reactor ruptured, presser quickly shifted, and an overload began. The Fusion reaction went unchecked, and in a matter of seconds what was the Fenrir, was now a massive nuclear explosion. 10 megatons, the yield of this detonation as it washed across the hull and bounced back from the shields racking the hull with energy. But the EMP, the EMP washed across the starboard side of the cruiser like an ion storm. Wreaking havoc to the systems on that side of the ship.

The Acklay

Tai watched as the ship, his target, his prey dipped its nose. ?You will not survive this. You do not know what is in store!? He quickly slammed his fist onto the maneuvering thruster controls causing the ship to shift so that its 'belly' would slam into the Avengeance first. Then he cut all the power to the engines and shifted them to the upper shields. ?I will see to it, that this sword of our races final armor pierces the heart of you!?

The stomach of the Acklay slammed into shields of the Avengeance, and her body strained. For a split second her thrusters kept her pressed against her. Then, 18 60 megaton nuclear mines detonated simultaneously. Pressed between the momentarily active upper shield of the Acklay, and the shields of the Avengeance the blast compressed, until both shields around the blast fell, and a short lived star began its life, right on top of the Avengeance.

Tag: Sinre Dade

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Karfeddion, Mines

"I am Darth Verrick! I am your death!"

Spars and other training sessions were as far as Zayl went in terms of experience in lightsaber combat. Despite the difference in Imperial Knight and Jedi training regimes, he had never had a real engagement, especially not against a Sith Lord.

But Zayl was determined. He wasn't going to fail, he was going to win, and he was going to help these slaves that had been so wrongly taken.

He couldn't do anything about the blaster rifle that was wrenched from his hands but the young Imperial Knight was more prepared for the Sith's next attack. He brought up a shield to protect himself from the Sith's - Verrick's - next telekinetic attack that caused the Knight to stumble but nothing more. And when Verrick lunged forward, his lightsaber hoping to cleave Zayl, an orange blade intercepted it.

"You Sith always did talk too much when you should be fighting," Zayl mocked, his amber eyes glaring at the yellow ones of the Sith before bringing up his foot to slam into the stomach of the Sith to drive him back.

13. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Fleet Admiral Marc Pathfinder
    TMSV Asgard
    Remsi System, Remsi Prime Orbit
    Shipyard One, Dock 3

Fleet Admiral Marc Pathfinder sat in the newly installed command chair his eyes fixated on the large holographic display of his ship, the Asgard and the space around it. The view was zoomed in so the dock of the shipyard did not obstruct its view. Swarming about the ship, were hundreds of green little dots, Wraith-class droids and Type-11 Maintenance craft. Tiny craft, automated and maned respectively.

The Asgard was a massive ship, and an equally massive undertaking. For nearly 50 years the Templars had been testing and retesting weapons, engines, sensors, everything that went into the ship. It took over 20 years just to perfect the Ablative Armor that now encased the mighty warship. And she was a warship, from stem to stern, armed with dozens of weapon systems, 10 meters of armor, heavy shields, and a wing of starfighters.

50 years now and she was almost done, there were only two things left to complete on the ship. The port Neutron Cannon was still being calibrated to the port reactor, and the final details of the ships paint job. Most of the Navy's ships were painted black and silver, but the Asgard, which was meant to represent not Templar power, but the might of the Remsian Republic, was painted Black, Silver, and Gold. Lots of gold. The entire rear section of the ship was gold, she'd stick out in a battle, but she didn't need to hide, not with her defenses.

The holographic image of the ship shifted, rotated to show the starboard mandible of the ships hull. Pathfinder watched as 39 craft moved into the view and split between the lower and upper launch bays of the mandible. Half the ships compliment, 12 Dagger fighters, 12 Vindicator Interceptors, 12 Vindicator Assault Fighters, a Twilight-class Shuttle, and 2 Arla-class Heavy Dropships. The other half of the ships compliment had arrived earlier today, in position in their landing bays before the final tests on the neutron cannon began.

Marc took a deep breath, and pressed comm button on his chair, he then directed the comm to the port engine room. ?This is Admiral Pathfinder, status report.? there was a few seconds worth of pause before the voice of a young woman came across, her accent had a distinct drawl to it, indicating she was likely from one of the southern farms on Remsi Prime. ?This is engineer Mcvail. We've got maybe another hour before the cannon is calibrated to the power systems Sir. After that the port engine is ready to be lit up.?

?Acknowledged.? Marc cut the comm and leaned back into his chair. ?Fifty years... I think we can wait one more hour to get under way.?

Tag: No one

OOC: The Asgard

14. Darth_Cadaverous

Sep 25, 2008
    ~Bothan Council Room~

"I see," he said, smiling at her, then he continued. "The Hutts continue to refuse to release information about the mercenaries who attacked Krant and here earlier. The GA is silent, as ever. We intend to make a broadcast with yourself present, is that acceptable -"

Dark Sun listened to the Bothan and kept her feelings to herself. She was about to answer that question but was rudely interrupted by flying bricks and stone. She barely saw the dark armored figure come through the wall, igniting his blade and yelling for someone, in which, she did not catch it all, but the ending. ?is Darth Insipid!"

Than the tattooed man pointed and a blaze of lighten came forth, hurtling towards the Bothan. Not waiting for a heartbeat, she gathered several chairs with the force and threw them in between the two. As the lighten and the chairs meet, she pointed herself and let a barrage of lighten hurtle his way also. ?You are not welcomed here boy!? She yelled to be heard over the racket. Dark Sun continued the attack, until he dropped or moved.

TAG: GM or anyone

15. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Tantric Vos
    Light, en route to Dathomir

Tantric spun on the ball of his foot and saw Miria standing at the side of the bed. He bowed slowly and then regarded his charge with a careful expression. Within him, his mind?s wheels were spinning, and he considered lying to Miria. He could have told her something nice, like Naboo, so that she could sing to the Queen there. He could have told her that. But, he didn?t.

Tantric said, instead, ?You, Miss Lahana, are destined for Dathomir. Upon arrival, an unknown, but probably humane, fate awaits you.? Tantric pointed at the bed with the butcher?s knife. He continued, ?For now, you really should rest. I regrettably broke several of your bones, whilst incapacitating you. You may not feel the pain of those injuries, but that doesn?t mean you are entirely healed. I was never that apt a healer.?

Tantric turned back to the steak he was chopping. He tossed a moderately sized piece onto the sonic grill next to him. He spoke over his shoulder, ?How do you like your ronto steaks??

Tag: Swans.

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Leonias Colcha & Kev-Mas Colcha?s Force Ghost
    Muspelheim, Colcha Stronghold, Sparring Arena ? 95 ABY

Leonias felt good. He had just beaten both droids in one fell swoop, without needing to defend against their attacks. Not only that, but he was actually anticipating more droids.

Just then, he heard the familiar voice of his grandfather say, "Very good, it seems you are getting the hang of it rather quickly. But you aren't done yet."

After that, 4 more droids came rushing into the arena, and Leonias paused very briefly to think. "I can't possibly take them all on at once, can I?"

As one of the droids came upon Leonias, he quickly snapped back to reality, lancing his blade through the droid, before the droid's saber was even within distance of him.

"Wow, I could so get used to this..."

However, just then, another droid came upon him from the rear. Leonias, with his senses enhanced with the force, heard the humming of its blade coming closer, and pivoted himself, turning around with a swing that was met by the attacking droid's saber. Leonias swung a kick at the droid's legs, in order to catch it off balance, and as it stumbled, Leonias reached out to the force. Leonias, reaching for the moment of life that he hated the most, channeled those emotions into a powerful Bolt of Hatred, and sent it hurtling at the droid.

The droid, then was pushed back into a Sparring Arena wall, and Leonias then charged at the droid, saber held in front of him like a lance, and then pierced the droid through the photoreceptor as it struggled to get back up.

After that disabling blow, Leonias waited for it to get up, and cleaved the blinded droid in two.

After he did, however, he was met by the sound of two sabers coming up behind him.

To respond to this, Leonias swung hard at one of them, snapping it into two, non-functioning bodies, and as the last one came at him, he met it with his own saber, and tried kicking its legs, like the last time he was met with a saber block. It didn't work, as the droid stationed itself on the floor with magnets.

"Looks like its time to fight dirty..."

Leonias, then, reaching out to the force, powered up a Bolt of Force Lightning into his hand, and then, sent a punch at the droid, releasing it as his fist met the droid's shell, leaping up into the air quickly after the droid first started to spasm, to watch the fireworks.

As he landed, his saber still humming, he was met by the spirit of Kev-Mas Colcha again.

"Very good, Leonias. I think that's enough for the training, you should be able to learn the rest on your adventures. Now, I must inform you, that this place, along with the lightsaber and training isn't all I have to give you."

"It isn't?" asked Leonias, curious.

"Nope. Come on, follow me."

As Kev-Mas' ghastly form floated down the corridors of the Colcha Stronghold, he led Leonias up a large spiraling staircase, which ended at a small corridor which ended at a large door with the Colcha Family insignia upon it.

Walking through the door, Leonias could hardly believe his eyes after he saw what was inside, or rather outside, as it was a landing platform. It was like he had found a lost treasure - two of the most famous ships in his family, and perhaps the Templars, were sitting right there in front of him.

"Now, Leonias," continued Kev-Mas, "I introduce you to, the Crimson Phoenix, and Crimson Dagger."

"I know what they are," replied Leonias, "They are almost as famous as you are..."

"Well, I didn't think that I was famous..." replied Kev-Mas, "Ah well, now the ships are yours. You should know the access keycode for them by now."

Later

Leonias, having sent Aniib

17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Miria Lahana, Light, en route to Dathomir

Miria stood there, staring at him as he bowed. Why he was going to the trouble made her wonder about him. What purpose could that serve? It did not make her feel easier if that was his intent. She tried to read some clue as to his purpose in his face, his mannerisms, anything, but his physical aspect gave nothing away. Miria slowly let her hand fall to her side her fingers twitching slightly as if ready to call her light saber to them. But it wasn?t even a question in her mind that her light saber was missing. She had felt the absence of it?s weight the moment she had woken and shifted to sit up.

He spoke again and told her of his plans to take her to Dathomir. Dathomir? Whatever awaited her on Dathomir surely wasn?t any good. But why? Why has he kidnapped me? What use am I? As Miria puzzled over that, she tilted her head, her eyes still focused on him.

?For now, you really should rest. I regrettably broke several of your bones, whilst incapacitating you. You may not feel the pain of those injuries, but that doesn?t mean you are entirely healed. I was never that apt a healer.?

She dropped her gaze down to the floor. Now that was something she knew. Her hand went back to her abdomen, barely touching it, as if protecting it that way would help somehow. She didn?t like this feeling. The silver tone to her skin remained. Figuring she might as well, she sat down and put her legs up, leaning back against the headboard.

?How do you like your ronto steaks??

Ignoring his question, she looked up to stare at his back.

?Why have you kidnapped me??

TAG: Nicklit

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    100 ABY

IC: Darth Verrick
    Karfeddion mines

"You Sith always did talk too much when you should be fighting," Verrick put more strength into his downward thrust, only to be kicked back. The Sith reached out, and caught the foot before it dropped down, quickly flicking a finger from his blade to bat at Zayl's foot and send him tumbling. Verrick withdrew his hand, the moment taking only a moment, to prevent him from losing it, and then starting hacking down at Zayl, slashing two-handed at Zayl's head.

Verrick was faster than Zayl. It was almost as if Zayl's reluctance to join the Imperial Knights, to leave the Jedi, and the general malaise Zayl had exhibited towards the galaxy at large had crept into his body and was weighing him down. He was still as crass as ever, but he was old. Weary, even. It seemed likely that it would kill him.

---
    IC: Telt Fey'lya
    Bothan Ruling Council Chambers

The chairs and lightning hit, exploding and sending flaming debris everywhere, and Telt pulled behind the Dragon, running to the wall and slapping the security call. Nothing happened. Telt looked back, saw the black armoured man catch the Dragon's blaze of lightning on one of his blades, and then twirl forward, yanking at a light fixture and crushing it down towards the Dragon.

"I am Darth Polus. I seek the pretender," roared the man, throwing himself forward, one end of this doubled-bladed weapon extending to more than twice it's original length as he stabbed out. The extended blade, and of course the extended hilt, enabled Polus greater control of an otherwise unwieldy weapon.

Telt opened the chamber doors, and two Bothan guards fell through, their throats snapped. Telt looked back at the Dragon, and Polus, and sealed the door behind him. What else could he do?

TAG: Darth_Cadaverous

60 years earlier...

IC: Jel'mwa

Incident

The first collision sent a wave of ion dispersal across the hull, cutting short the automatic response that would have chopped the Acklay in half. The second collision transformed the crew of the Bothan Assault Cruiser into a tiny supernova, as well as the ship around it, and the Acklay itself. Jel'mwa's last thought was that of victory, having just readied the superweapon for launch - before he was atomised.

The supernova released a massive shockwave, an EMP that extended across the battlefield and disrupted electronics aboard fighters, shuttles and nearby Prowlers. Any torpedoes on their way down to the surface shorted out, exploding in mid-air, an array of firestorms filling the sky. On the surface itself, Sekot, with Dade Leviathan as her eyes, lashed out with roots and tripped the majority of the remaining YVH droids.

Several marched on, however, and began opening fire. There were less than a dozen remaining, but that was more than enough to make a fine attempt at killing the Kage - if he was their only opponent. Nonetheless, thousands of Yuuzhan Vong and dozens of Templars had died in the few short minutes of the attack. It had been a massacre.

TAG: Kahn, Dade

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    IC: Aeric Jenth

Coruscant Underbelly

His master's assignment had been simple enough. Observation of the lower levels of Coruscant. Report back to TONI weekly if anything should occur of of the norm. Naturally, Aeric was excited to be taking part in his first mission alone. So he did his job. Scouring the dark depths of Coruscants' underlevels was no easy task. He had to keep on his toes. Scum and villainy reside everywhere in this part of the planet. Musn't forget to preserve balance down here. Even if job is basically recon. Basically, down here it's the epitome of balance. It's akk eat akk. If you don't watch your back, you get eaten. There's always a bigger fish. That's what I've learned down here. You're never too big to get pulled down to the lowest level. Never.

In my constant watching of this deep pit of slime, I've been constantly reminded to keep myself awares. Anything can happen. Whispers of Jedi or Sith rarely permeate the small minds of these people, but when word does reach of recent activities, I'm there. Nothing's too private for the underworld. Even my own goings on have reached ears down here, in one form or another. I've heard Master Dade's name a couple times. He's a legend down here.

I find this hilarious. I know the legend.

For the most part, though, I've found nothing of interest. People come and go, and the information passed from tongue to tongue is often inconsequential to my mission. If I hear anything, you'll be the first to know.

Aeric

*Encrypted message was sent to Agent 8-C, AKA TONI. Message sent at 21:89:45*

Tags: Noone in particular, maybe Dade

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    60 years ago...

Zonama Sekot, and the space around
    Mobus System

The Darkness of night ceased to be just that, darkness. On Zonama Sekot it had been a clear night, the clouds had been gone from the sky long before the fire began to rain down. Even now, as fire smoldered across a quarter of her surface, through haze, smoke and green fumes the night was still clear of clouds. The stars in the night twinkled, and if one had looked up through the chaos and disarray they might have seen the the sparks of fire and light being exchanged in the sky above.

But in a split second the night was turned to day. High above the planet a star formed, the Avengeance and the Acklay erupted in a flash of light. The ships reactors breached, and the simultaneous detonation of 1080 megatons of nuclear mines illuminated the night sky. The sphere of energy expanded, and to those on the surface not blinded by its brilliance they might see the expanding wave of energy traveling outward. An EMP.

The wave of washed over the Nightshrike and Nightdevil near instantly, their shields offline and their hull damaged the wave knocked out every unshielded system on the ship. Their engines died, lights flickered out, quickly replaced by low red lights, but life support remained, its systems shielded deep inside the ship with a layer of undamaged ablative plating.

Now thousands of kilometers away the wave washed over the Airsquid and Hssiss. The Airsquid's systems suffered a fate similar. Everything but life support and emergency lighting failed. The artificial gravity switched off and the crew found themselves floating free amidst the burned out screens of their ship, and a foray of Echani curse words from their commander.

The Hssiss was however lucky, it had received only minor damage in the battle. As the wave washed over her her shields flickered, wavered and failed, and her near pristine ablative hull armor sparkled as static flared across her hull. Her engines flared twice, but never died, a few monitors on the bridge sparked and burned out but she remained operational.

A stream of fire filled the atmosphere of Zonama Sekot as dozens of torpedoes detonated, their systems fried by the EMP as it passed them. But it unfortunately dissipated in the atmosphere never coming close to hitting the Droids raging on the surface. But they themselves had their own issues to contend with.

Across the planet the 2000 marines the Templars kept finally kicked into action. Long dulled by no actual conflict and the assumption that it was a Drill they had been slow to respond from their slumber. But now they were on the move. The only 4 tanks on the planet, new LT-M-70 Light Tanks rolled out of their garage. Two began moving towards the temple, for the other two, four of the Strum gunships moved in and used their wenches to lift the vehicles up and transport them to other parts of the planet.

Dozens of 12 man squad jumped into anything they could find, speeders, transports, the contingent kept a few refurbished LAAT/i transports at the base, and they were over packed and barely made it to tree level as the groups rushed to deal with the droid threat. The irony that Clone Wars era equipment was once again being used to combat droids did not escape a few of the higher ranking officers in the marines. One motivated his troops by telling them it was their chance to prove they were as good as the legendary Clone Troopers.

There was no way the droids could succeed now in their primary goal. But nothing changed, the Templars still fought, and some died. Innocents died. The battle may have been decided, but it was far from over. Across the world the ground rumbled, as the core of the world trembled in pain and agony. It felt the deaths of every being on its surface, it felt the burn of their weapons. Once again this living planet was to be scared, but this time, the scar, went much deeper than the surface.

Tag: Sinre and Dade

21. Darth_Cadaverous

Sep 25, 2008
    Bothan Ruling Council Chambers

Dark Sun knew this unwelcome guest would block the simple attack, and return the favor. How he returned it, was not what she expected. For above her, the fixture fell, but that was a simple thing to out maneuver. Going into a cartwheel towards the Bothan, she came up next too him, as two bodies fell to the floor, and saw him resealing the doors. Looking at him, ?What are you doing fool, get out of here now, and who cares about the dead for they are beyond caring.?

She turned just in time to see his blade extend twice its normal size as he charged them.

"I am Darth Polus. I seek the pretender,"

Grabbing her own blades, but ignited, ?Going the way you are headed, you will not see your pretender on this side of life, fool.? Protecting these fools of Bothans, she had to get rid of this boy, or kill him. Killing him might be easier then telling him off, so she gathered the force and boosted her speed and her skills. Then at the last possible second, she ignited her blades, one going for a straight kill through the chest, but it was a faint, for she reversed her angle of an attack for a swipe at his wrist, while she held back one blade for defense.

Tag: GM or anyone

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Tantric Vos

Tantric murmured to himself when Miria didn?t answer him. Under his breath, he said, ?I?ll assume medium-rare, since that is the galactic standard for most humanoid species.? He also wondered about the restrictions of Firrerreon culture, but those words were drown out by Miria asking, ?Why have you kidnapped me??

Tantric stuck the knife in the cutting board and turned around to Miria. He blinked a few times, and sniffed, thinking about how good the steak smelled and deliberating on how much to reveal to his captive. Tantric took a solid stride forward and brushed one of his black locks out of his face. He shrugged lightly and said, ?Easy answer: I?m getting paid to do this without any opportunity for actually receiving monetary compensation. My payment, is a useless increase in status among the veritable scum of the galaxy.?

Tantric looked away from Miria for a moment, and then shook his head minutely and amended, ?No, that?s a lie. I?ll probably gain nothing from this venture. The only person who has the potential to gain anything, is my employer. So, why did I do this? That?s actually a good question, since no one forced me. Since no one could force me. I really think I just felt like it. Someone asking me, and I said, ?Yes please, sir. I?ll get involved in matters that don?t involve me in the slightest possible degree.??

Tantric looked away again, and then looked back and nodded this time. He said quietly, ?Yeah, that sounds about right.? Tantric sniffed again, and, again, was awed at the robust aroma exuding from the piece of meat. He turned around and grabbed the knife from the cutting board, but turned back to Miria, without actually cutting anything. He pointed at her with the gleaming metal tip and asked, ?Are you thirsty? I can conjure up some Corellian Ale, if that suits you.?

Tag: Swan

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Karfeddion Mines

He was...slow?

There were those moments with a Jedi - or any Force user really -, heavily trained and relying so much on the Force, that things slowed down for them. It was just their honed reflexes, further enhanced by the Force, that made everything seem slow while they moved so fast. That was one of the many things that prevented a non-Force user from defeating a Jedi in combat; they were just too slow.

Yet everything wasn't slow. The only thing slow was...him?

Even as he fell, when the Sith knocked him down, it was slow. When his back thudded against the floor of the mine, the Sith was already above him, his lightsaber coming down in a two-handed strike. Zayl only barely managed to bring his own lightsaber in defense. Orange and red blades clashed together, and the muscles in Zayl's arms strained with the effort to stop the two from coming down onto his own head; they were already close enough that Zayl's eyes burned with the intense illumination that was right in front of them.

This wasn't supposed to be happening. Something had gone terribly wrong that he hadn't seen. It was not just him being slow, he was just completely weaker. Even now his muscles started to grow tired in the instant of locking blades and sweat had started to bead along his forehead.

Even before leaving the Order he had dreamed of how his first mission would go. It had been a variety of ways; protect an important figure from assassination, free slaves like he was now, or even battle a Sith. Well, it happened. And when he had joined the Imperial Knights the dreams had followed him. And now he was here, he was fighting, just as he had wanted to do to try to make the galaxy a better place. But already he was failing.

Desperation and even anger welled up inside of Zayl. His Jedi teachings taught him to purge himself of such feelings, to not allow them to drive his actions as such emotions could lead him to the dark side. But the Imperial Knights, while they didn't draw from the dark side, didn't strictly follow the light side and their teachings were different.

Zayl used this desperation as a funnel for strength that he needed. He wasn't going to fail here! He was finally living his dream, the only thing that was actually his. Zayl drew on the Force, manipulating it, drawing it within him, and then he unleashed it from within him, sending it out as a wave of power to not only knock the Sith from atop of him but to smash him into the roof of the mine.

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Miria Lahana, aboard Light, en route to Dathomir

Miria watched him as he turned towards her, pausing to smell the scent of the food. A flashback came of the last time she had been a captive. She had not been on a ship for long that time. Her captors had been kind to her, although she was kept on a tight leash. Singing had been a love of hers for as long as she could remember. She hated singing for them though. Hated singing their songs in a strange and unwelcome place. Much like this place, she mused, and came back to the present.

As Tantric began speaking, she focused on him again. Her confusion grew as he explained to her his reasons. If he was apathetic to her situation, then what happened if he decided to take her somewhere worse than Dathomir, to some worse fate?

?My payment, is a useless increase in status among the veritable scum of the galaxy.?

Miria wished her skin would calm down to a natural golden tone again. Her fingers went to a lock of hair and drew it in front of her so she could toy with it. When he started speaking again, Miria?s eyes widened slightly at the information he gave her.

?No, that?s a lie. I?ll probably gain nothing from this venture. The only person who has the potential to gain anything, is my employer. So, why did I do this? That?s actually a good question, since no one forced me. Since no one could force me. I really think I just felt like it. Someone asking me, and I said, ?Yes please, sir. I?ll get involved in matters that don?t involve me in the slightest possible degree.?

Miria was stunned. He had felt like it? He had kidnapped her because he felt like it? There was one thing that didn?t make sense though. If he was to gain status in this group, this ?scum of the galaxy? as he had called it, then why had he said that her kidnapping did not involve him? Before she could ask, he offered her Corellian Ale. Having never had an alcoholic beverage before, she looked back up at him and said neutrally, ?No thank-you.?

Before he could offer anything else, she sat forward with some pain and asked, ?If these matters don?t concern you and you gain nothing from them, why have you kidnapped me? Why not return me to where I belong?? Miria would not cry. Her tears would not come, not here in this place.

TAG: Nicklit

25. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Tantric Vos

Tantric sighed and looked away from Miria. She appeared to be on the verge of tears. Tantric silently asked himself if he wanted her to cry on his sheets. He decided that he didn?t. Tantric turned to the food. He looked at the meat and sighed again, realizing he was hungry. He would keep half of the steak for himself. He tossed it onto the grill. Tantric walked over to the liquor cabinet, next to the grill and pulled out a bottle of the ale. He pulled the stopper out with his teeth and spit it on the floor.

Tantric turned back to Miria, taking a swig from the bottle as he did so. The liquid was hot and cold at the same time. He blinked and sat the bottle on the counter. Tantric looked at Miria. He said, ?Look: I have allegiances the same as you. You?re probably bloody dedicated to your Council, right? Well, I?ve got a much smaller Council that demands a lot more respect. And, while they might have the power to command me, I?m not exactly free. When I said I wasn?t getting anything for this job, I was partially lying. But, it?s not something you could understand from my words.?

Tantric grabbed the bottle of ale, again, and swallowed another mouthful. He winced, a little, and walked towards Miria. He stopped about halfway, though, and looked her hard in the eyes, for a few seconds. Then, his eyes wandered away, to the wall behind her head. He bit his lip and said, ?You stress yourself unnecessarily, Miria. This is happening no matter how frequently you try to persuade yourself it?s not.?

Tantric walked back to the steak. He lifted it off the grill with a spatula and slapped the carefully sliced chunks onto one plate and the hunk onto another. Tantric grabbed a knife and a fork for bother plates and carried them to Miria. He handed the plate with the slices to her, and then sat down at the foot of the bed with the other one. Tantric grabbed his knife and was about to dig into his food, but stopped himself short. He looked up at Miria and said, ?There?s nothing to be scared of now. If you mind your manners, this is one of the safest ships in the galaxy. And, certainly, the most hospitable. Can I get you anything else, before I dig in??

Tag: Swan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.