main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 100th The Clone Wars Episode! - 5.12 - Missing In Action - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Nope, they did the clone traitor and the clone Deserter. Slick then Cut and run. Get it? =b

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I forgot about the traitor, but yes Cut was the name of the clone I was thinking of. For whatever reason I thought he had amnesia and then decided to make a family. Now I remember that he was the deserter.
    So I was wondering when R2 gets damaged like he did in this episode, and in the battle of Yavin for example, does he "lose" any memory or it is strictly just his physical appearance that is damaged, which causes his systems to shut down, and then after a few fixes and a reboot of his system, all his memory remains intact. I don't think he gets his mind wiped, but it's hard to believe he doesn't get any internal damage from any of his battles.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    R2 has a back-up that he regularly updates stored in 3PO's brain. Just don't tell him, 'kay?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Hmm... well... let me live dangerously and dumb it down to modern storage in even your laptop or phone. I know its a lame comparison for a droid that thousands of times more advanced. However you'd be surprised how durable the flash memory in something like an iPhone or the Solid State Drives growing in popularity are. Flash memory isn't effected by shocks or simple impact. Its biggest enemy is water which clearly isn't a problem for R2. Even if you took a hammer to an iPhone and beat the crap out of it data would be recoverable. Its easy for me to imagine the memory used in droids is also very durable (might even be completely disc-less quantam computing) and backup would happen as regularly as the droid's master does them. Which may be never like your average computer owner or every day for someone really anal. I have no problem believing you could blow the hell out of a droid like Todo360, rebuilt it, and give it back its personality and memories.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am sorry, but those are 3 examples of greatest clones that have come out of this show. I love them. I am CIS Fanboy and I love Cut, Slick and Gregor. The 3 that are the most original...[face_dancing]:p

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Realized that I never gave my input on this episode. This episode wasn't as horrible as the prior ones in the arc, but that isn't saying much. Poor Gregor really got used and thrown away by Gascon and the writers. Hopefully he believed in his sacrifice, but unlike prior clone self-sacrifice scenes like in Rookies and Umbara, this one felt rushed and hollow.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    To me they are like Pokemon, gotta catch them all. =b

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome analogy... never thought of it like that, but it makes sense IMO.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Rex is the most interesting clone from the show in my opinion. His story is basically Cut, Slick & Gregor's combined plus more.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This one just aired tonight for its first UK viewing. I enjoyed it but I'm getting a bit bored with the droid arc. I did like Gregor though but like eht13 I felt he was 'used up' too quickly.

eht13 likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The ending makes me wonder how the CIS's droid armies were ever seriously considered a threat.

A single clone went in and one-man-armied an entire droid base, like Rambo or something. I mean, come on!

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well, the idea was, especially with the B1 droid, that they wouldn't be a big individual threat, but since they were cheap and easy to produce in massive numbers, they'd achieve the desired effect by swarming the enemy. Basically, the clones vs. droids matchup is something analogous to the US vs. Eastern Bloc philosophy in equipment design during the Cold War. The US went for smaller numbers of more advanced equipment, the Eastern Bloc for larger numbers of less advanced equipment. Each philosophy had its relative advantages and disadvantages.

Remember that the CIS forces on Abafar weren't expecting much resistance at all - it was a small outpost far away from the fighting, and was lightly manned by only a relative few droids. With such a small force there, the "swarming" approach wasn't going to work, and a single elite clone, who was a way more effective fighter than any of the droids, was able to create some real havoc for a short time.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its not MIA that does the biggest disservice to the CIS battledroids IMO. See the Onderon arc and other parts of this droid arc.