main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon 11-15-09 Portland Comicbook Show

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    What: Portland Comic Book Show
    Where: Memorial Coliseum
    When: Sunday November 15, 2009 10am-5pm
    Details:

We are teaming up with the local 501st Legion Cloud City Garrison, Rebel Legion Kashyyyk Base & Mandalorian Mercs Star Wars Costuming members in a table area. The costuming groups will be posing for pictures.
    OFF members will be manning our own table and having on hand OFF Fliers & showing Fan Films. Here's our chance to make a name for ourselves, get out the word that we are a local Star Wars Fan Force group and invite new members to sign up to the forums.

I, your fearless Chapter Rep., will be manning the table all day. If we could get one other member to help out would be great. Looking to see if that other member will be able to get in free of admission fee.

Other than that, this is a great local Comicbook show that has lots of Comicbooks, toys, etc. Showcasing local/regional Comic shops. Find those elusive comics for your collection, or those hard to find or out of circulation figures.

See you there.

-Eric

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Speaking of the Mandalorian Mercs, I am now an official member. In fact, I am the 250th official member of the Mandalorian Mercs... I am a bit of a milestone for them. In six months we have gained 50 new members.

I look forward to this show. Seeing all of the local Star Wars fan groups together will be an excellent opportunity to really blow the socks off the community.

I encourage everyone to come out and attend this show, on our behalf.

For those who have ordered (and paid for them) the OFF shirts, they should be available on that day. I will distribute them, at the show, for those who attend.

- Bill

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll try to be there.

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    BE THERE!!!!!

Eric needs help with the table. I would, but I am going to be busy with the Mercs presentation.

The Mercs may even have something else cool lined up for the Comic Book Show. But I won't spoil it, until it is locked in!

- Bill

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All right, I'll be there. :p

6. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I will likely make it to the show, but I don't know if I will be able to help with the table. But I will visit.

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I Could use the help. It's things like this that will help get out the word that we are here as a Fan group and gain some more members. Though some of our active members and even some inactive members are SW Costumers, choose posting in their respective costuming forums than posting on topics here. But, we all make choices in our lives.

-Eric

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I noticed that the local Wookiee is bowing out of the event, due to his not being receptive to the idea other groups sharing the table space. It almost makes me wonder if the Mercs should just pull out of this venture... I don't know, though. At least we still have OryCon, and as far as I am concerned (now that I am the new Squad Leader for the Mercs), we will always try to have a spot open for you guys at major events. That is if you guys were wanting to attend other events in the future...

- Bill

9. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks Bill.

Coming up on this great event. I always find cool stuff to add to my collection from this show.
    Besides comics, there are lots of vendors who sell toys, books, memoribilia, etc.
    So come on out fellow SW Collectors, SciFi geeks, & general Fans of Stuff that's cool.

-Eric

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Looks like things have worked themselves out and the Mercs will be in full effect!

If you get swamped with the table and need help with the table, you let me know. I will help you out, if you need!

- Bill

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll definitely be coming. Not sure if I'll be there all day (in the morning; afternoon shouldn't be a problem).

12. Sithlordfaust

Sithlordfaust Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2009
    wish I could find a ride up there. anybody going from souther Oregon? Im in Ashland

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I think Lufta Shif is coming up to the show... she is in K-Falls!

In other news, t-shirts and business cards arrived yesterday. I came home to having a box sitting at my front door. I inventoried everything and it appears that everything is in order. For those who ordered (and paid) for the shirts, I will be bringing them along for distribution. I will give the business cards (1000) to Eric when I get there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Take care!

- Bill

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks for all that showed up. Hope you enjoyed the show.
    Thanks Bill for having the OFF Tshirts and OFF Business cards. They are awesome. Sorry my miniDVD player didn't work to show off some FanFilms or to play some SW DVD Trivial Pursuit.[face_plain]
    Crashdown,JediGunship, Quick1966, Grumpdevil, AramysStrael & Jawafett were in attendence.
    JediGunship & Jawafett manned the table while AramysStrael played Mandalorian.
    Looking forward to next Show.

-Eric

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK, I have the pictures on my hard drive, and the following ones were not blurry and had something to do with our group.

[image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/FirstPictures089.jpg]
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/FirstPictures092.jpg]
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/FirstPictures096.jpg]
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/FirstPictures099.jpg]
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/FirstPictures113.jpg]

16. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Great pics, Matt. Thanks for posting!

Definitely looking forward to OryCon, then a long break before the next major event! I need to do some better planning for future events.

Also, it turns out that my cousin's wife does printing stuff, like on shirts and business cards, and the like. He informed me that he could have probably got me a better deal on our stuff. So, needless to say, I won't be going with vistaprint. Not when I can get just as good quality, if not better, for less from my cousin.

While I am not so inclined to want to do another run anytime in the near future. If people want shirts, or want more shirts, let me know and I will see what my cousin can do for us!

- Bill

17. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Cool.
    Hey Bill, What did you and the Mercs get to talk with Andy Mangles about? You know he's the guy that wrote "Twin Engines of Destruction" Comic.;) :cool:

-Eric

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, you disappeared for a little while, came back to the tables and said absolutely nothing about it.

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I gave him hell for rubbing elbows with the 501st and Rebel Legion and not us, hehehe.

I saw him chatting with the other costumers (turns out he knows a few guys in the garrison) and then he left. When I noticed that he was gone and hadn't stopped by to say hello, I was feeling a bit slighted. So, in good Mandalorian fashion, I summoned some vode and we hunted him down.

He was talking to some other guy, found out later that may have been Richard (the Show organizer). As soon as we came around, the other guy made a mention of something to the effect that Andy had a bounty out on him. I put my arm on his shoulder, pulled my helmet off and teased him about giving love to the Rebels and Empire but not the Mandalorians. He laughed and explained that it wasn't personal. He said he saw that we were busy and that he was trying to avoid someone who was at the table area. Rather than cause a scene, he opted to walk away.

So, that is respectable. I told him he could make it up to us by posing for a pic with us. He had readily agreed, but before we could those two little girls in the Supergirl and Wonder Woman outfits came up to us and asked for pics. The stand up guy that Andy is, said to pose with the little ones since they were more important and that he would come back to our table in five or ten minutes. True to his word, he did.

[image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/tavrikgannon/Mandalorian/Pineapple-ComicCon575-P50-P50.jpg]

He is a pretty gracious guy.... I suppose I need to get a copy of "Twin Engines of Destruction" and give it a read!

- Bill

20. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Hope we get some new members from the show.

21. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Here's hoping that we all get new members!

22. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    It was a fun show. I love the OFF shirt....Bill, thanks for setting everything up!

I wanted to stay longer, but I had to get home because Tania had to go out. But I still got a bag full of comics.

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    *Starts to panic* No new members yet! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

24. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Patience young Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.