main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1st Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I wrote something in another post in our forum. Take a look at it.

I can meet this Thurs & Fri after work, Sat and Sun anytime. We can come up with some names for our group, good times to meet, etc....

Dal, hope your family member's surgery goes well.

Kel

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well JMK -

It was cool to get to meet you yesterday. It's nice to know other Star Wars fans exist around here. Hopefully we can still do a quick meet & greet next week after work with your friend. I'll see if I can round anyone up, though I told you about my buddy laid up with the bum leg. (He was my best bet to join us until this week). Still, I know a couple of other "casual" Star Wars fans that may or may not be interested in joining us. I'll see what I can do. My wife will be night shift next week which hopefully means I'll have time for a quick get-together in the evening before she has to leave for work. Chat with you soon.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Depending on what time we meet, we could probably just bring our padawans to B&N if we don't meet very long. Mine loves to play with the Thomas Train in the back. Or we could just meet after work for a short period. Let me know this weekend when and what day is best for you and I will make it to the meeting.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    What time in the evening is good for you? I know I can't make Wednesday this week and I have someone that I'm gonna invite if he's interested, which will rule out Tuesday. (I know he'll be busy). So Monday, Thursday, & Friday should be good. But just to be difficult because I've been good about it so far, :p, my sister's due date for her baby is this Tuesday. Hopefully she'll stick really close to that, so if we plan something on M, TH, or FR, we should be all right.

Then hopefully if it looks like we're gonna have our first meeting with at least three people there, let's remember to contact Minacia so she can get it posted. With some luck, we can get this club close to official by the time ECU is back in session.

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'll talk to Q this afternoon, probably around 1pm but will call him and try to get a hold of him earlier than that. Today may be good, or Thursday. I'll let you know when I talk to him. I think his computer has been out of order.

JMK

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    First meeting is now officially set!

Our first meeting will be this Thursday, July 24, around 5:30pm(ish) at Barnes & Nobles. This will just be a small meet & greet so we can put some faces with names. We'll also likely touch on some ways to publicize the club in the area, so we can get the membership up. Our RSA, Minacia Brightstar, has been told of the meeting, so she can post it on the FanForce main page. This should get us a third of the way to becoming an official chapter! Please come out for some coffee or other chocolate, mocha, fizzy drink that'll keep you wired all night!

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    FYI: I have posted your meeting announcement on the FF website, so now you are all set. The rest is up to you. :)

Good luck! :D

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I'm officially an uncle (again)! Lydia Caroline was born around 1am(ish) Tuesday morning at Beaufort County Hospital - happy and healthy! Not only is this great news family-wise, but now I should be free for Thursday with no unexpected surprises pulling me away!

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Congrats Dal--Intrepid on being an uncle again. It is always nice to have a new youngling in the family to manipulate into the Star Wars universe.

10. Darth_Roger

Darth_Roger Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    Congratulations D!

I'm a Star Wars fan of the "casual" variety. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I love the movies. Hope the meeting goes well (unfortunately I will be at work). But if you feel a cold presence, know that Darth Roger is sensing you. Mwooahahahaha. The club sounds great! I'm definitely interested, especially in the charity work you hope to do eventually. Thanks for the invite, D.

Later,
    Darth R.

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Darth R(W)!

Glad you made it by here! Thanks for stopping by - Don't worry, we hope there will be many meetings to come. When we say meeting, it's more of an excuse to get together and socialize. (This ain't Balanced Scorecard). I knew several of the people I invited would have conflicts (you & work, Tommy & walking). I'm hoping Craig will make it, though he isn't sure yet. I'll keep you abreast (heh, heh) of things and keep popping in on the board. We hope it'll take off as more people become aware of what's happening here.

Love your bio! Perhaps we can get the Rebellion to free you from your prison someday.

12. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey everyone in Greenville. I'm spooky-kid from the Winston-Salem FanForce. Welcome to the forums. I'm just getting our chapter started also. Maybe we can help eath other out along the way. Feel free to stop by in our Star Wars Quote-A-Thon forum. Hope to see you all at the Imperial Quartermaster 2.

May the Force be with you...Always.
    Unless you prefer the Dark Side.

spooky-kid [face_devil]

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Today's the day! Yeah! I'm excited - time to get this ball rollin'!

14. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Today we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi (wicked laugh here)

15. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry I haven't posted much. Kel has kept me up to date though. I will see you guys tonight then. I hope it's not raining like it was yesterday! I might have to use my omnipotent powers to make it stop. Hehe. ;)

16. Darth_Roger

Darth_Roger Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    How did the meeting go guys? I'm glad you will be keeping me "abreast", Dal. By the way, Number One says hi. Hehehe...

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    We had a great meeting yesterday. In attendence were:

Dal--Intrepid
    Q_of_the_Continuum
    Jedi_Master_Kel

We officially came up with our name:

The Emerald City Empire

Our next meeting will be at Imperial Quartermaster II

I will post a new topic about our next meeting. :)

JMK

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Darth R(W) -

Like JMK said, it was a fun meeting. It's nice to get to meet new people with similar interests. We talked about a name for the chapter and the one JMK had (Emerald City Empire) sounds great, since it incorporates Greenville's "Emerald City" nickname. He also drew a cool logo that included the Imperial insignia with skull and crossbones for that local look. We're gonna try and get it created in a computer so we can share it with everyone.

We talked about ways to publicize the club via flyers around town and on campus. Nostalgia Newstand, ECU, and PCCC seem the best places to reach people that would be interested. JMK volunteered his email address as a contact on the flyers and he will steer people towards this forum. We hope to get a diverse group of people and it's just not Star Wars fan, but any sci-fi is cool.

Then we talked about counting the Imperial QuarterMaster (IQM) show as our second meeting. IQM is a sci-fi convention that runs in NC and the next one is Aug. 9-10 in Raleigh. There will be actors & actresses from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers signing autographs, as well as collectibles, gaming, and other stuff. Since we all had hoped to attend the convention prior to the formation of this club, it just seemed natural to use it as our second meeting anyway. JMK is volunteering at the NC FanForce table at the show and hopefully he'll run across a few Greenville folks that will learn about us.

Finally we just sat around and talked about any and everything for about an hour and a half. (I had to leave, so it may have gone longer.) Don't worry, I felt your dark presence around us. (I had a headache, so I'm chalking that up to you. :p ) If you have any interest in coming to IQM, let me know. I'm working on childcare arrangements, but I hope to go. (I'm only going one day for a few hours). If not, we'll surely be having another meeting in G'ville not too long thereafter. Eventually they'll probably just be monthly as we get into some form of a routine.

Thanks for checkin' in! Mmmmm . . . Number One. I won't even make an abreast joke here, as it would be too easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.