main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2006 College Football Memories

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Rogue...Jedi, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Looking back over the course of the season, which is all but over, with just the bowl games left, what really stands out in your memory? What plays are you going to remember for a long time?

And these can be good or bad.

For me:
    1. Wide Left. Jad Dean missing a potentially game tying FG with 13 seconds on the clock to give South Carolina the win over Clemson.
    2. Ryan Succop 48 yd FG blocked at the end of the game against Florida - would have won the game, and given how hes kicked this season, I have absolutely no doubt that he would have nailed it.
    3. South Carolina having a 0:00 posession time in the 3rd quarter against Auburn, who conversely (and obviously) had a 15:00 time of posession. One long drive followed by a shocking (and incredibly difficult) onside kick while lined up as normal for a regular kickoff followed by another long drive to end the quarter.
    4. UCLA player tipping the ball, then picking it off himself late against SoCal. This may be up this high because it was so recent, but it was a huge play and was extremely impressive.
    5. Oklahoma/Oregon onside kick/PI call - I don't care about either team, but the replay was done so poorly, that was when I really became anti-replay.

I'll probably add some more to this list later, but I have to head out.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    1. Blowing the lead against Florida to lose 20-21 in Knoxville. [face_plain]

2. Oregon State knocks down Booty's two-point conversion to stun Southern Cal.

3. Ohio State-Michigan game, the entire thing.

4. South Carolina finally gets a break when Jad Dean misses with time expiring.

5. The first game of the season when we throttled Cal and I was under the impression that we would be good. [face_plain] again.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    2. Oregon State knocks down Booty's two-point conversion to stun Southern Cal.

You know, I never did actually see that play. I was in Williams Brice then, getting score reports from people on the phone, and somehow missed the highlights later.

I still wish I'd seen more of OSU-Michigan, I only saw parts of it, but it looked really good.

4. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    That one deserves to be way up there simply because that was the exact moment USC knew it was NOT playing for another national title.

5. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    As a Florida fan, I'l contribute:

-Blocking three kicks against South Carolina to secure a one-point victory in the Swamp.

Had that not happened, we'd all be subjected to a rematch. ;)

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, I'll remember that too - and notice that the last of the 3 was #2 on my list. Maybe someone can teach our guys to push and get a hand on opposing players so they cant jump like that.

Grrr.

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    #1: The whole day of the Georgia Tech game, gameday (largest and loudest crowd to be on gameday). The electricity in the air, the running down the hill was the most electric that ive ever seen it. Coming out in the all-purple. Then there was the game, no receptions for Calvin Johnson. The game became the James Davis and CJ Spiller show. CJ Spiller's juke is one of the best plays of the year

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRTyDtXcfQg

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Then there was the game, no receptions for Calvin Johnson.

I don't know what the heck happened with that, Clemson quit defending him entirely sometime in the second half. I saw at least a few plays where he ran his entire route without so much as a glance from a Clemson defender, let alone actually being covered, but Reggie Ball wouldn't throw it to him.

Georgia Tech deserved to lose that game by 50 for their stupidity.

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    In my opinion Ball was never a good QB, he is just like Aaron Brooks, athletic but stupid and insecure

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ball was good as a freshman, he just never improved at all.

I still remember his running out the back of the end zone for a safety, though. That was classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.