main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2007 ATP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by rechedelphar, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I was reading the interview articles after every match from both players. Federer said that Sampras certainly has the ability to beat the top five players, maybe not routinely, but able to notch up wins on fast surfaces, particularly indoors. His serve is still one of the best out there, and his attacking game could cause upsets. Top 20 for sure.

Sampras downplayed it all, saying he has had his run back in the 90's, and now he is happy sitting at home and watching Roger win on TV.

Their next match is in MSG in March. I'm going to try to get tickets for that if I can. I'd love to see two of my all time favorites play. :)

2. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    THE US are now only one win away from claiming their 32nd Davis Cup! :D

This has been the longest drought the US has had without winning DC. The last time they won it was in 1995, and strangely enough, it was Russia they beat in the final.

3. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    US WINS!! USA USA

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Congratulations to the USA for winning the Davis Cup!!!! =D= =D= =D=

It has been a tough road, and there have been heartaches, but all the hard work, preperation and dedication has paid off!!!!!

Well, that is it for all tennis this year. The tour ends with Roger Federer still the King of the world. The exhibitions are over, with Sampras showing us he still has the best serve in the history of the game. The Davis Cup is over with USA winning on home soil.

Roll on 2008!!!!!!!! :D

5. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Great year for Tennis. I can't wait for 08.

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    I'll be putting up some sort of ATP calender for 2008 with all the events that will be taking place very soon! Should be fun. :D

7. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm probably going to watch some Tennis live this year - I usually can get tickets to Kooyong (my Aunt works for one of the sponsors), and I'll probably go to the Australian Open on one of the first days.

Do you want to keep this thread for next year or start a new one?

8. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Whoa! You're going to Kooyong and Australian Open. Awesome! :D

Should be a fun couple of weeks in Melbourne. It's the only Grand Slam I have not seen in person...yet. ;)

We can start a new thread for 2008. A fresh look on where we will be going with the tour and also we can all make some fun predictions. :)

9. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Federer out in the semis. His final streak has been broken. I hope he wins the French.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Are they up for grabs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.