main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA 2007 Pittsburgh Comicon planning thread PLEASE READ UPDATED

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Star Wars Panels for 2007 Pittsburgh ComiCon.

Exact times TBA. A few other panels maybe added, but cannot be confirmed at this time.

Friday, April 27

Star Wars Collecting: Unusual Items Majorie and Arnie Carvalho of Star Wars Action News www.swactionnews.com

Self Discovery in Star Wars: Introspection through Psychoanalysis and New Historicism Jeff Carey, Exploring the emergence of self-identity through Luke Skywalker's journey and struggles with internal and external forces.

Tragedy of Star Wars Christine Anderson, The Prequel Trilogy as a modern example of classic Greek Tragedy.

Saturday, April 28

Star Wars Collecting: Hasbro
    and
    Star Wars Collecting with Q & A Majorie and Arnie Carvalho of Star Wars Action News www.swactionnews.com

Podcasting Majorie and Arnie Carvalho of Star Wars Action News www.swactionnews.com How to set up and run a podcast

Making a Fanfilm Chris Spears, General Overview on making a fanfilm, the software available, post production, and alternative approaches such as machinima

Sunday, April 29

Making a Fanfilm Brian Parker www.parker-productions.com Quality special effects on a small budget

Costuming Bonnie Humphrey, Phyllis Clark Creating costumes for a variety of fandoms

Costuming for Children Susan Stoker Creating costumes for children

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just read the guest list and only a few people really stand out so far. Marc Singer the original Beastmaster and he was on V too.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Check our website for the main Star Wars guest at Comicon!

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just a reminder that I have not recieved a costumed group photo from
    Pittsburgh
    . Are you guys interested in sending one in?
    Does anyone have a fanfilm submission?

Also I am looking for ANY pics of the chapter to include in the slide show....

Please pm me with any questions or concerns

Thanks guys!
    Strawbary

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    :eek: I sent in several different pics quite a while ago. The group shot then individual shots to show the costumes off.

Maybe they went to the wrong email. I'll try again tonight.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    So now that Peter Meyhew (sp?) is coming are you guys gonna try and have a dinner with him or anything? Perhaps make him an honary member of SWAP or something?

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    OMG I didnt know he was coming..... thats awesome!

Greencat I will need one photo in an email titled photo submission :)

Everyone sent lump emails and I need one designated for the entry :)

Thanks!

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    BobaChris from Buffalo is going to contact Peter about having him there for the dinner on Saturday. Hopefully it will work out.

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    make sure you guy work together and see what arrangements etc can be made for him :) Good luck!

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im curious...... how many pittsburgh members own kilts? and plan on WEARING them at the con? [face_batting]

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Tradmic if you need the logo I have all the files you need if you want me to burn them to cd for the tshirts. I have the same stuff from our first run of shirts.

12. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Rox, YES PLZ!

When I was making the pamphlets I had to recreate the logo.

I know one person who will be wearing a kilt ;)

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    it would be great if we could have a few this year ;) Im still trying to brainwash my hubby [face_devil]

Terry do u still have the files from the awards website?

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Off topic (surprise surprise) -- Rox, the Blue-Ghostie under your screen name . . . that's awesome.

On topic, Rox would you send me the file for the SWAP pamphlet ASAP so I can get it down to the graphic arts deptartment so they can print it out? Thanks.

15. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Do you guys stay at the hotel there? Is there a special rate? We were thinking of staying Sat. night.

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    they do offer a special rate for the con I think its 99.00 a night. ???

17. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Pgh. guys

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I don't think that any of us stayed there last year. It's only a short drive for me, but if you are coming from further out it might be worth it.

19. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    I was thinking for a resting place - maybe rest before dinner, rest Sunday morning before putting our costumes on in time for the panel. That was a rust last year. Prob just Rusty and me.

Do I just call the hotel about the special rate? Anyone that stayed there last year have thoughts?

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Just tell them you are staying for the Pittsburgh Comicon and they are supposed to give you the $96 rate.

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    if you are not staying the night and only need space to keep your things and perhaps change, I will be at the hotel if anyone needs to use my room for some changing space :)

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thanks greencaat I recieved your figure donation today !! :)

If you are still lacking donations for the raffle please let me know I have some items here I can send :)

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I was thinking about panels we could do for 2008 . . . and we should do the kids room again . . . and expanding the tattoo contest (as Jason and I already talked about in passing, giving prizes for large and small tattoos) . . . and what we could do on Saturday night since we won't be hosting a banquet . . .

I've got ideas for some new panels, but what ideas do all of you folks have? what would you like to see (or better yet, what would you like to present)

What ideas do you have for Saturday night?

What celebs would you like to see there (so I can pass their names to Renee)

24. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Tattoo contest is a definte. Jay (starwarsarmboy, 1st place winner) said he'd love to be a judge for next year's contest. and defitely a big and small category, and we have lots of people who offered to advertise it for us.

The kids room is a definite as well. So many people said it was a great idea and a much needed outlet for the kids.

What ideas do you have for Saturday night? Partying. with masks. and kilts.

What celebs would you like to see there (so I can pass their names to Renee) Are we free to dream big or are we being realistic? :p

Other panels - I have some ideas but I really have to put more thought into these.

Now that the banquet planning is not on us, I think we really need to get going on some fanfilms. We have some great ideas! We just need to make it happen! I think that if we plan to do a little here and there, particularly after a meeting, we'd be set.

:)

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Kenny Baker!

I think we should try to move to a panel model that will rotate certain topics every other year so that it's not alway sthe same old thing for people. As for Saturday night, I am all for a less formal regular party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.