main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA 2009 Events and Meetings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JoeRichmondVA, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Let's get back to a more planned schedule for our dinner meetings in 2009. Here are my initial thoughts. Feedback please!

January - South - Vincenzos
    February - West -
    March - North -
    April - City - Sine Pub
    May - East -
    June - South -
    July - West -
    August - Summer Party
    September - North -
    October - City -
    November - East -
    December - Richmond Fanforce Holiday Party

Would be great if we could get some more events scheduled in between such as camping and go karting and such.

2. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Hello!

I would really like to see a more structured meeting schedule.
    (As suggested by Joe)

I missed the November meeting because I couldn't keep up with the location, and I don't think I can make the December one at this time. Really having a better game plan sure would make life easier!

I love you guys and gals, and don't wanna keep missing meetings!

That being said, I know when we have em (3rd Tuesday of each month).
    However, when the location changes (the day of the meeting) that makes it tough if I can't get online that day.

3. Jedi_Ace_Mike

Jedi_Ace_Mike Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    Hello all.

I too like the sound of structured meetings. At the current time I do not have regular internet access and as a result missed the October and from the sound of it, November meetings, of which I am disappointed. I'd like to meet up with other fans. Is there anything I can do to help? My means and ability are not top par right now, but my zeal is present as always.

4. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Hey Mike- Our meetings are always the third tuesday of every month. That should help a little. Also if you have a cell I can just text you about a week in advance - or you can e-mail me - just drop me a PM.

Our CR is oddly silent on this matter... [face_thinking]

::cough:: Danny ::cough:: :)

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, the CR should just make up a schedule evenly for around the city (much as above) and assign a restaurant to it. The summer cookout and December Holiday party should be the regular meetings for the months they're held. In addition, one summer month should be set aside as a family event on a weekend and that should be the meeting for that month. To have the schedule made up a year in advance would be really cool, then all you'd have to do is bump the thread as a reminder. Really then, if someone doesnt like the restaurant or food for that month then they dont have to come. They can just participate online. For me, I like to eat about anything though and will always attend a meeting unless work or family illness prevents me coming. I've really enjoyed myself these past several years and the folks that make up our group are some of the nicest I've come to know. I actually look forward to seeing you all each month but yes, this must be structured. Throw in a Red Robin, a Banditos, a Ghengis and it's good to go. I hate to sound dated but how about a Shoney's too? They sell a little of everything and they always have a large room on the side for meetings. I also wouldnt mind eating at an Arby's or something like that. I will be at December & January's meeting but lets go ahead and make the schedule for the rest of the year too.

6. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    January - South - Vincenzos

Ok, I'm down for some Vincenzos!
    Just need the date, and address!

Yeah, I'm getting this started early - I'm hungry!

7. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    We still need a day at Gforce karts....

8. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    ABSOLUTELY.....When it is warmer....not the 15 degree junk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.