main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2010 Saga Awards Cremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SagaFanficAwards, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Again, congrats everyone! And thanks to everyone who worked on these awards and ceremony.

In the mean time, the sun has risen over the Lesser Himalayas, the birds are singing, and even some of my neighbors are getting up and going. I stayed up all night. 0.o I didn't realize this ceremony would take so long. Haha! Well, it's time for me to sleep.

Goodnight all and thanks for coming out for the ceremony!

2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_flag]I salute all the talent here; good luck and congratulations to all nominees and winners and happy writing!

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Great job SoA & your whole crew!!! Tremendous job!

Congrats to ALL the winners, especially my buddies Face & Exeter!!!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Congrats to everyone!

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Congratulations to everyone! =D=

6. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Congrats to everyone who won, and thanks out to SoA and everyone who helped put this together! @};- =D=

7. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Thanks to the voters who threw my story love!

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!

Good work to the volunteers, especially SoA for hosting - all night long!

8. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Alas, I came home too late to enjoy the ceremony, but I've had enormous fun reading the thread. Thanks and congratulations to everyone!

And can I just say... the Saga Forum may be smaller and quieter nowadays, but kudos to the spirit and the talent that reside here!

=D= =D= =D=

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I beg forgiveness for my rudeness. I totally forgot to thank SoA and the volunteers for doing such a terrific job. [:D]

10. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Well done, Valairy! And congrats to Face, as well! Much thanks to everyone involved!

Raptor517

11. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Congratulations to everyone who won or got nommed, and a huge pat on the back for everyone who put their efforts into making this ceremony as awesome as it was! :D

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Congratulations to all the winners, and to all the nominees as well!

And extra love to SoA and her crew for bringing us this lovely ceremony. Thank you all for your hard work! =D=

13. Estora

Estora Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!!! I'm sad I ended up missing the ceremony, but what an incredible surprise to see my win for best new author!!! Thank you so much to everyone who nommed/voted for me!

14. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    [Arrives late and looks out at empty amphitheatre.]

Aiel: Oh great. (Tries stopping overly high heel on the ground and nearly falls over from the effort. Turns to chauffeur who looks very familar, and hasn't dressed up for the occassion.) This is all your fault.

Han: My fault? Hey, you're the one who took fifty centuries to do that mop you call hair...

(Aiel thumbs over at where Chewie is standing behind them, looking very sleek and preening in the door-way.)

Aiel: You mean your mop of hair? And it is your fault, you got us lost lazer-brains.

Han(pulls out data pad and starts thumbing through it,): Hmm, I think we should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...

Aiel (snatching away the data-pad,): Give me that...(looks over map, looks blank,) it actually says left turn at Albuquerque. Who programed this thing?

(Chewie growls and gestures.)

Han: Chewie said a big rabbit and a black duck gave him directions when we were stuck outside that place with a big W and a B.

Aiel: Of course. Why doesn't that surprise me? (Is handed Golden Yoda by a janitor.) Thank-you.

I'd like to thank everyone who nominated me in Best Series and voted for me out
    of the dozen of other...

Han(muttering,): You were the only one nominated in this category...

Aiel(stomps on Han's foot.): Don't interupt my moment scruffy! First year I'm a bride and not a bridesmaid and I'm going to enjoy it.

Anyway, thank-you to everyone who participated and keep up the reading of all
    good fanfictions.

Han: Aren't we forgetting someone?

Aiel(looks petrified,): Oh no. I forgot to thank God, and Jesus, and the Archangels and Saints; and my Mum and my Dad and my dog...

Han(clenched teeth,): Yes. All those things. You've still forgotten something, keep going.

Aiel(looks thoughtful,): And...err...George Lucas?

Han: Keep going...

Aiel (looks smug,): Oh of course, how could I forget? (She turns and motions to Chewie, who bends down. She kisses his cheek.) Thank-you Chewie, couldn't have done it without you my fine, furry anthropoid.

Han(seething with annoyance,): Thats it. (Snatches Golden Yoda out of Aiel's hands.)

Aiel: Hey!

Han (thumbs to his chest.): I'm the star, this is my award. Hold her back Chewie. (He turns to the ampithere crowd...well one bored looking janitor, and begins his tirade as his co-pilot grabs the wrists of Aiel, who is about to throtle Solo.)

I'd like to thank everything the sister mentioned, as well as my wife. (Fakes a sob and hoists up,) we did it Leia baby!

(A disturbed voice announces itself from the direction of the hallway.)

Unidentified voice: What are you doing Han?

(The group spins around and there is Leia Organa-Solo, arms folded and her eyes glancing in the direction of Chewie holding Aiel hostage.)

Han: Leia honey...oh err...hi...

Leia: What did you do this time? (She looks over at Aiel,) Oh you poor thing, don't tell me he tried to steal another award.(Walks over and takes the award from her husband and tosses it Aiel. Leia grabs Han's arm) Come along Han.

Han(gob-smacked,): But its mine Leia. I won it! I'm the star...

Leia(patting his arm,): Of course you are sweetie. C'mon Chewie, lets get the "star" of the show home. (She inclines her head to Aiel,) Sorry about all the trouble.

Aiel(smugly clutching the GY to her chest.): Oh no trouble at all Mrs Organa-Solo, your highness. (Waves as Han looks over his shoulder as he's dragged out by Leia.)

Han: You'll regret this sister! You just wait and see! Yeah, see if I come back for the rest of your little stories ever again...(disapears down the entrance hall and Aiel's eyes grow enlarged.)

Aiel: Never come back...?(Picks up her skirts and rushes out of the doo

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *stashes fire extinguishers for another year* O:) ;)

Fun ceremony! Congratulations to all the nominees and winners! =D= And a huge THANKS to everyone who worked on the Saga Awards Team. [:D]

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Sorry I had to miss the last half of the ceremony, but congratulations to all the nominees and winners, and thanks to the Awards Team for all their hard work! :D @};- (And to the mods and their stash of fire extinguishers for keeping the place in one piece. :p )

17. Estora

Estora Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm definitely hanging out for next year's awards. XD This was absolutely fantastic! Again, sorry to have missed the ceremony (happened during the day for me, being in Australia and all...gosh darn it...stupid time zone differences!) but it was still great. XD And I'm glad people seemed to like The Adventures of Obi-Wan and Anakin. *Grins*

Congratulations again to everyone who was nominated and won, and thanks to the coordinators for organising such a great ceremony!!!

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Congrats to everyone! =D=

And big [:D] to the volunteers and hosts for all their hard work and effort. :* I sadly was not here for the awards ceremony, but I'm sure it was a blast. [face_peace]

And thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm really honoured that Dead Man Walking won Best Action. It was completely unexpected and a real treat for me when I got back from my trip. Thank you! [:D]

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh I missed the ceremony, but congratulations to all the winners and nominees.=D= and a big well done to all those who organised the event.

20. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Congrats to everyone.

Thanks too to all who voted for me. WOW! I was not expecting it at all. Thanks so much!

21. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I hate that I missed this. I can't believe I won! Thank you everyone who voted for me. Congratulations to the rest of the winners.

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Congrats to all the winners and nominees, and thanks to the awards team for all their hard work =D= :)

23. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    *pops in shortly* Why did I miss the ceremony?? *headdesk*

Anyway, geat job on writing it (I reallyliked my part:p) and congrats to all the winners!=D=

24. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Mega congrats to all! Well done winners, competitors, and all those who post! *claps*[face_dancing]

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Being that I thought this was taking place next week, I missed 'em entirely. Ooops...

[face_blush]

Congrats, Alexis! [:D]

Congratulations to all nominees and winners. And a [:D] and a thank you to the wonderful volunteers. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.