main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2011 Fanfiction Awards - Call for Entertainment Submissions! - Before-Saga Due Date This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JediMara77, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hello!

I'm very happy to be the Entertainment Hostess for this year's Fanfiction Awards. In order to make these ceremonies awesome, I come to you, dear Fanfiction writer/reader, for assistance!

Please submit any fanart, humorous vignettes, parodies, etc. that you would like to see used in the ceremonies - anything is welcome, as long as it meets board standards, of course. Please PM me your submissions and also clarify what ceremony it's for (while I hope I'll be able to figure it out on my own, you never know...). This year the ceremonies have been divided into Before the Saga/Saga and Beyond the Saga/Non-Star Wars Fan Fiction.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your great submissions!

DUE DATES EDIT:

August 27 for Before-Saga Awards

September 3 for Beyond-NSWFF Awards

Thank you!

2. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Upping. Please send me funnies. :)

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd submit, but I'm note entirely sure as to what is being asked. Do they need to pertain exclusively to the awards in some way? Can they be about anything, just so long as they are rife with comedic content? What are the guidelines regarding length? Could short comics be submitted (I have one ready to go, if so)?

4. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Do they need to pertain exclusively to the awards in some way?

No! They can be anything, as long as they relate to the era of the awards (for example, a humorous vingette about Obi-Wan sent in for the Saga awards).

Can they be about anything, just so long as they are rife with comedic content?

Yes! And really, any genre is fine. We're not picky.

What are the guidelines regarding length?

No guidelines, but if you check out the previous Awards Ceremonies threads, you can see what sorts of items people submit. Short is best because these are just little interludes between the awards.

Could short comics be submitted

DEFINITELY!

:)

5. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Just to clarify, submissions do not have to be written specifically written for the Awards Ceremonies. If you have any artwork or vignettes you've previously written that you think would work well for the awards, feel free to send them in!

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi Nanci,

What's the deadline for submissions and do you need intros for each award?

7. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Hi Hazel:

The hosts and I are writing the ceremonies so we're good with that.

Deadlines will be a week before the ceremonies, so August 27 for Before-Saga and September 3 for Beyone-NSWFF.

8. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Upping with deadlines.

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Up!

The deadline for the Before-Saga Awards ceremony is next Saturday! Send in your stuff! :)

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    We are still looking for entertainment for the Before-Saga ceremony! Please send us your submissions by this Saturday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.