main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2012 GALACTIC ALLIANCE BOOK CLUB READS AND MEETING DATES

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Jan 6, 2012.

1. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010

[face_dancing] OFFICIAL BOOK CLUB MEET UP DATES AND INFORMATION FOR 2012:[face_dancing]

ALL MEETINGS BEGIN AT 7:00pm. in the Cafe at the Hurstbourne Lane Barnes and Noble. Book Store located in the Plainview Plaza. Our tables will always be reserved. If you need to know exactly where they are located, please give them a call. Phone Number is: 502-426-0255. Contact persons are: Dawn (don?t know her last name) or Sherry Jones.

MONDAY FEBRUARY 6th
    DISCUSSING: Darth Plagueis
    AUTHOR: James Luceno

============

FRIDAY APRIL 6th
    DISCUSSING: Courtship Of Princes Leah
    AUTHOR: Dave Wolverton

============

MONDAY JUNE 4th
    DISCUSSING: Deceived
    AUTHOR: Paul S. Kemp

============

FRIDAY AUGUST 3rd
    DISCUSSING: Scurg
    AUTHOR: Jeff Grub

============

MONDAY OCTOBER 1st
    DISCUSSING: X-Wing Mercy Kill
    AUTHOR: Aaron Allston

============

FRIDAY DECEMBER 3rd
    DISCUSSING: Dark Rendezvous
    AUTHOR: Sean Stewart

And there ya have them! "Thank You Jammies"! All of our choices were awesome! =D=

2. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Has anyone picked up the Darth Plagueis book yet? I think it came out on the 10th. Myself... I'm going to pick it up tomorrow late afternoon. [face_dancing]

3. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Just got done reading it. It was awesome....and my library rocks for already having it!=D=

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm on Chapter 11. Not loving it as much as I thought I would, hoping it picks up.

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Mika I'm in the same corner as you. It started out good, and now is dragging some. Sometimes this means a build up. We'll see. .. I hope.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Should be a good book to discuss since I'm hearing a lot of people liking it but it didn't do much for me...too much scheming and way too much midi-chlorians.

7. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm still waiting for my local library to get me my reserved copy so I can read it.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    So...........

I'm getting my tonseles taken out next wednesday. So, I am not sure in what shape I will be in come BC or Ep.1.
    I'll just have to play things by ear. I read an article about a guy who got a tonselectomy, and then his artieries ruptured while he was sleeping and he drowned in his own blood. If that happens to me, I would have just been reading Darth Plagueis-- so I gues that would be somewhat apropriate.

Twisty PM me if you want a copy of the book.

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Fearfik My Jammies!! That wont happen to you! "Noooooooooooo"!!! [face_talk_hand]

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I know right?

Hopefully, I will be OK and heavily medicated. I will post or something as soon as I am able; but from folks that I know that had it done late in life the healing takes a while.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

PS: I am loving this book! Is it just me?

11. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I can sense through the Force that your healing time will be short and painless. Seriously though, take care of yourself, and we'll all be here once you're ready to come back :)

Nerfherder!

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks My Nerfherder;

It isn't like getting a pancrass removed, or anything, but my doc said to expect to be out of order for 2.5 weeks. I get cut by 2-1B tomorrow at 9:30. Say Twisty, I PMed you back. Email me for the book.

Jammies

13. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I sent an email on the same day. I'll send another just in case it missed you. Also, let me know if you need anything.

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I want to call My Jammies, but I know how horrid his throat is feeling. I had mine done when I was 10 yrs. old, and the soreness afterwards was worse than any tonsilitus or strip throat I'd ever had in my life. It hurt all the way up my neck and in to my jaws and head, running down my neck into my back and chest.

I might have gotten a slight infection which may have made it worse... don't know, I was a kid, but all I know is that I cried most of the time. I would refuse to swallow my saliva because it hurt soooooo bad. I sat with a washrag under my mouth all the time. Yea,,,,, TMI. Sorry gang. Well, they didn't have anything better than hard narcotics or asprin for pain in those days. After the first three days of being heavily drugged, they wouldn't allow any more, and all I could take was aspirin. Crushed up in water.... oh man! I remember having to swallow that, crying the whole time. I remember being so mad at my parents for lying to me.

They said I would be able to eat all of the Ice-cream I wanted. The problem? I couldn't swallow it. WUAH!!!! :confused:

I just hope he isn't in that kind of pain. With modern meds., he shouldn't be.

Oh.... HEAL QUICKLY MY JAMMIES!! [:D]

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Actually Zannah, that is pretty much it. I've been pretty humbled with pain. I kew it was going to be bad, but not this bad.

I do feel the love too gang, thanks for that.

--jammies

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Owie...well I hope you're feeling better soon and bounce back faster than anyone expects. Remember to gargle your bacta three times daily.

17. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Hang in there, Jammies. I hope you get back to feeling like your old self real soon.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Doesn't look like I'll make the meeting on Monday as I couldn't find anyone to trade with me at work. I was really looking forward to the discussion. Well I'll just make sure to bring it up in conversation at the TPM showing. Have a great time!

19. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    O.K. Mika, we'll miss you. Appo and I will be there. [face_dancing] I hope to see the rest of you there. My Jammies, please keep healing bro. [:D]

20. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Welp.... sorry gang, but watching our grand daughter is on us tonight.. no way out of it. Have a great bookclub meeting and we'll see you all on Friday. [face_batting]

21. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it either :(

Hope you all have a great meeting!

22. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I think that's everyone who was going besides me. I hope to see you all Friday!

23. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    What's this!?!? No one's gonna discuss Plagueis with me.:_|

You guys are nothin' but a bunch of Sith.[face_not_talking]:p

24. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh my Sweetie! I missed this post some how. But to put it as mildly as I can, I still haven't finished reading it. I'm trying, but well... it has bored me to tears. This has been the boring-est SW book I've read so far. It is not what I expected, but then again, I suppose it's just as it should have gone.

The hubby tells me that it gets better in the last six chapters.. but whoa.. my mind wanders so much while I'm reading, it's hard to get threw a page. I'm not much on politics. I'll let you know when I've finished it.

I have started reading "The Courtship Of Princess Leah", and so far, it's not what I expected at all. It's much better! The opening grabs you and if the first three chapters are any indication of how this is going to go, then I'm a very happy camper. ;)

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I loved it, and it added so much more to TPM when I saw it again on the big screen.

As I said too, when you are on pain meds-- the audiobook gives you some far out hallucinations.