main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 2013 - What Movies Do You Want To See Most?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and maybe Star Trek 2. I'm sure that there's more that I'll see, but I'm not at the edge of my seat for any of them.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Thor 2, Hobbit 2

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah. i haven't actually read it, but a bunch of my friends are really pissed about the way the film is being handled.

4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Quite a few. Oz, Catching Fire, Iron Man 3, Ender's Game, the 3D Star Wars movies...and plenty more as they become known ;)

Carrie comes out next year. I can't tell if it's a remake or a sequel or what, but it irritates me.

5. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Gravity, and then there are other films.

6. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    Pacific Rim, Star Trek 2 and Gangster Squad

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    John Dies at the End. That's the only movie I can say I'm really looking forward to at all, and I'll probably see it OnDemand in December anyway before I see it in theaters in January. There are plenty I'll watch, and even a few that I can see myself enjoying quite a bit, but I haven't marked anything on my calendar for next year.

Of course I'll still attend the movies quite a bit, because I love movies, so. I'm hoping RIPD will be good; I like the genre and the source material(not terribly). I'm interested in seeing Man of Steel because I want the genre to do well and if studios are going to take chances on less mainstream comic book characters these flagship movies need to continue to do well. Otherwise for sequels I'll watch Star Trek, and Iron Man, I'm sure, but I wouldn't say I want to see them the most, just that I have enjoyed the other films in their respective franchises so far. Oh, and probably Kick-Ass(although I have doubts about it) and a few others.

I don't see any Loopers or Moonrise Kingdoms or Cloud Atlases or Hobbits or Braves or Promethei or Dark Knights Rising or Avengers(all of which I had been anticipating for some time before 2012) for 2013 yet that I would say I'm looking forward to. I'm sure the year will be very entertaining, there's just nothing I can't wait for that I know of yet(although I'm sure once I see a few trailers there might be).

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Iron Man 3
    Thor 2
    Star Trek 2...took long enough!
    Hangover 3. The 2nd one was underrated.
    Man Of Steel. If this doesn't reboot Supes in the eyes of audiences then nothing will. How many reboots can you have?
    Kick Ass 2. Can't wait.
    Attack Of The Clones 3d. Coruscant Speeder chase.
    ROTS of course.
    Hunger Games
    Hobbit 2
    Ender's Game. Never read the books, don't intend to.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    World War Z looks...decent I guess. Yeah I'm fine with it not following the book. I just can't see how they could do the book justice. I'm more curious how hard core it's going to be violence wise. I mean it's zombies so it would have to be rated R right? Then again it's a summer blockbuster, and they all nowadays have to be rated PG13 because the studios want more moneys. I miss the R rated blockbuster.

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I think you'd need a miniseries to do a faithful adaptation of World War Z.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I completely agree. Regardless I'll still most likely see it in theaters. Look on the bright side. It's not Resident Evil.

12. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Jack the Giant Slayer because of Ewan McGregor
    Iron Man 3 because of Robert Downey jr.
    Thor 2 because my twin will drag me
    AOTC and ROTS because it's Star Wars
    The Hobbit because I love LOTR

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Erm, they haven't had a reboot. Superman Returns was set in the Donner continuity and carried on from Superman II. You needed to have seen those two films first, really.

14. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Gravity and Only God Forgives.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Regardless, it was a reboot for a film franchise that did not take. I actually liked the movie and wanted sequels from it but alas it was not liked by too many, I guess.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Hobbit 2
    The Wolverine
    Iron Man 3
    Star Trek: Into Darkness

It's not actually entirely consistent with Superman II, just the first one; it does have callbacks to the second film, but it's more like a slightly different version of II which is assumed to have happened in the SR-verse.

17. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    What's the release date for Gravity?

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well I think in not rebooting, they hurt the film.

There was certainly success in the form of the film making money; they talked about a sequel and then decided instead to reboot. That's telling, IMO.

19. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Arguably they... mid-booted? Isn't it supposed to follow II but ignore III and IV?

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. Superman Returns is set five years after Superman II and ignores Superman III and IV.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Overlooking, of course, the updated technology. :p

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Whereas they'd be the only reason I'd see it :p Ditto for Man of Steel; I've loved Henry Cavill since I watched The Tudors (Charles Brandon).

I'm really looking forward to Hobbit 2 (though I suppose that's assuming the first is excellent :p ), Star Trek 2, and Hunger Games 2. Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 will probably be decent, though I might wait for Netflix. And man, everything's a sequel next year 8-}

Oz looks very good as well.

23. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    Oz the Great and Powerful
    Iron Man 3
    Star Trek 2
    After Earth
    Man of Steel
    Pacific Rim
    Loan Ranger
    Attack of the Clones 3D
    Revenge of the Sith 3D
    Ender's Game
    Thor 2
    Hunger Games Catching Fire
    Hobbit 2
    Monsters University
    Jurassic Park 3D

24. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    The only film I really want to watch is Hobbit 2. I have to watch Star Trek 2 because I'm a Star Trek fan but with such a title I'm not sure if I want to...

25. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Nothing on that list looked good.
    I'd love to have a decent Star Trek movie--haven't had one of those since 1990.

Has the same actor played Jack Ryan in more than 2 movies? If they are going to do a Tom Clancy franchise, maybe they can actually book the actors for the series and run with them as long as possible. Maybe even do them in order? Without doing a PC hatchet job on the plot?