main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY 2nd Annual Salt City Picnic

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Has anyone got a spare baseball glove I can borroe. I don't think a wicket keepers mit will do. No I don't mean I keep Ewoks :)

2. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I have just one of decent size for the three of us (Me, Raef, and Arjuna). however, as I have shoulder problems, I won't be able to play. 8-(

I may bring some badmitton stuff, although we don't have a net.

Drogon

3. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Oooh, badminton! Sport of champs next to miniature golf.

Anyone got a corquet set? ;)

Actually, I love badminton. A net will be a problem though.

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    we have a few gloves laying around here......I will look and see if we have a net anywhere........

I believe we do have a croquet set.......

I was going to bring a few board games as well.....Epic Duels, Star wars Life and SW Trivial Pursuit.....

Any other ones?

5. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I have a star wars game I could bring.

I think that might be blaspheming.

6. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Hopefully it won't all be star wars :p

My mom isn't really into sports so she might wanna play some board games.

7. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    OK, now that we're coming, we need to know where to go to. I know we discussed it at the last meeting and it sounded easy to get to, but that was too long ago to remember. Can you tell me where it is again? (Behind a VFW? What road?)

Thanks,

Gordon

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    directions and a reminder will be mailed via yahoo groups this week.. :)

Cant wait to see everyone!

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I am reposting this so no one has to scroll back a few pages....there are still a few things that are needed to bring......

Everyone needs to post what they r bringing in this thread so we know what we have.
    If I am bringing meats then everyone will need to bring 5.00 and also the following things will be needed:

Hamburger/hotdog buns - karate-jedi
    condiments ie: Ketchup,mustard, mayo etc - karate jedi
    Napkins padawan drogon
    Paper plates padawan drogon
    Sodas, beverages -chang
    Chips, snacks - russ
    Pasta Salad - padawan drogon
    cold cabbage salad - websjedi
    hamburgers,hotdogs - strawbary

Hope that helps everyone get started. Just post what you will be bringing so we can add your name next to that item

10. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    We will also bring napkins and paper plates. Do we have a head count yet?

Drogon

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    karatejedi
    chang
    websjedi
    strawbary + 4
    padawan drogon + 3?
    Russ

still waiting to hear from lil lady vader....
    we have few more members waiting to confirm........

12. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will pickj up a bottle of ketchup and french's mustard.

Lynda will not be able to make it Saturday. The whole block is having a yard sale so, Lynda will be selling off all our junk.

I think I will bring my costume and lightsabers just to be on the safe side. You never know she might decide to make a few extra bucks selling it all off. :) LOL

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi all,

I just finished doing my under tunic and to tell yo the truth..it doesn't work with the rest of my costume.

So, if anyone wants one. I have a jedi tunic in dark brown. I don't have enough material to make the obi (belt) or armour (shoulder straps) but I'm sure that if you look around you can find some fabric nearly the same.

Oh.the size is medium but....it fits my little fat body.

I will bring it on Saturday just incase anyone wants it....and there is no charge...Whoever wants it, can have it.

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I finished my dads costume today :p And I started mine, so no, we prolly won't need it. I'll ask my bro, though, they might need it for their fanfilm.

15. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    Yep, Raef has done her job on my costume. Now i just need to get myself in gear. I've tried Salvation Army, but can't seem to come up with boots or a belt that will work. I need to check the pants I have, although I may have some that will do. I need to get a piece of pipe to start my lightsaber with. On the plus side, I picked up some odds and ends at the Salvation Army that should provide good parts for a lightsaber (even an old microscope that could provide an excellent emitter lens), plus I have some things I found around the house.

Hey Ian, if I remember correctly, the pants you had for your costume looked real good. I think you said they were cut from old Karate pants or something. How much do those types of pants cost new? Would I have to go to a Karate school for them or would they be cheaper someplace else (where?). Maybe that's not the way to go, but I wanted to consider the possibility.

Gordon

P.S.: Related to the actual topic of this thread, I found a couple of kids size baseball gloves, but haven't found my good softball mitt yet. I am also looking for a bat I used to have. I have loads of softballs and will probably bring a couple. have directions been posted yet (sorry, I haven't checked, but should)?

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    the picnic has been moved to a different park due to unavailability. However the Bball field is still open.
    If anyone wants to drive over to play ball on the field after we eat we eat we can do that too.
    As far as equipment goes.......we have a ton no worries about bats........ ;)

PS I am going to the park today to make sure I have the right directions.
    Will post those tonight or late thursday.
    Thanks for your patience :)

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Gordon.

Gtrat news on your costume. I can't wait to see it. Yes I did use an old pair of Karate Gi bottoms. You caould try a search on the internet for stores that sell them or go to a good sports shop, they should have them. They don't cost that much for a light weight Gi ($20-$25). Your best bet would be to go looking at garage sales and stuff like that. They always seem to have them. I will keep an eye out for you.

As for boots and belt. A good place to go for ootrs are riding shops. Or you could always online. Here is one place you can look.
    ( http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Boots.htm )

You would be looking for East German Riding boots. If you want I can bring my belt so you can measure it and get one made for yourself.

Hope I have been of help

18. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    Thanks for the info, Ian. That will help.

Well, just got back from a shopping trip. Picked up pipe for a lightsaber (actually for 2). Also picked up a good piece of leather that I can make an interesting belt out of. Its only 1&1/2 inches wide, but I think it will look good. Its also about 72" long, so I have plenty and may even be able to use some extra to 'accessorize' it.

See you at the picnic!

Drogon

P.S.: Maybe I'll bring a couple of things to get ideas from you guys.

19. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Ok, I'm signed up to bring Soda etc. Any requests? Diet, regular, non cola etc.

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Lets try to stay on topic guys so no one has to scroll 5 pages to get info about the picnic ;)

as far as soda maybe a good mix? some diet, some regular, like, diet pepsi, reg pepsi,Dr , orange, RB stuff like that.....anyone have any special requests for soda?

Just bring cans Ill bring a cooler with ice if you need me to :)

21. WebsJedi

WebsJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Sprite (or 7-up) for us de-caf people :D.

-K

22. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Or Canadian Mountain Dew.

Wee! That was all caps!

23. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I am going to need to know where the picnic is going to take place so, I can find it.

If I remember correctly there is a meeting before hand at 10am. Is that right?

See ya all there.

24. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Pepsi/cola/whatever works fine for me, I like lots of sodas....just not regular mountain dew or diet.

25. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I bought 2 12 packs of Sam's choice cola, 1 diet cola, 1 moutain lightning, and 1 sprite.

I'll be there around 10 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.