main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX 300 - A review by Selles

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Hulk, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    It kicked ass! It was perfect! Go see it!

2. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I was all ready to settle in for some deep, thought-provoking reading, but I guess not.

Nevertheless, I totally agree with your review, and you definitely helped to make it a memorable movie going experience. Thanks for waiting to go see it with us. :)

3. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    I will add my deep thoughts to this review..

TOTALLY KICKED ASS..no...TOTALLY FOR REALS!!!...I mean...FOR SERIOUS A BOOTY BUSTIN' MOVIE!

[face_whistling]

4. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Frakkin' A.

5. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    Based on these recommendations I'm going to drag myself to the Paladium and see it.

6. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I saw it last night. loved it

7. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    wow..
    does the term, "beautifully horrific", make any sense for the movie?
    I just about jumped out of my seat and started spearing people after Leonidis' moving speeches before battle.
    I wanted to boot the guy in front of me after he boots the messenger into the pit.
    Forget the brown bathrobe and flashlight...I'm turning those in for a red towel and spear.

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I was in the McDonald's drive thru getting breakfast when I blurted out, "Eat hearty Spartans for tonight we dine in HELL!"

I love this movie. Automatic dvd must own when it comes out.

9. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    It wasn't a bad film at all. It was quite good. The Greeks really destroyed a significant number of the Persians, and died with honor. Leonidis seems like a great leader in a battle. He seems much like General George Washington, only, of ancient Greek standards. Leonidis was able to unite his men into action and fight, even though there wasn't much of a chance.
    This is one of the greatest battles to have ever occurred. It set the Greeks apart from the Persians, and it set a standard for Western Warfare. 1400 men, 300 of which were Spartans against 7,000 Persians. Leonidis and his men were able to wipe out over half of the Persian forces before they were finally defeated by the Persians. But, this battle set the standard for Western Warfare. The Western World adapted to use a new tactic of total warfare, (throw everything you have at the enemy, even if it's a small amount) and maybe you'll win, and you might even raise the spirits of your men back home. In my book, Leonidis stands as the greatest General, Spartan King of the ancient Greek period, and in the entire world.
    Overall, 300 was the greatest movie I've seen in the last few months.

10. Master_Rory-tiin

Master_Rory-tiin Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    i saw it the day it came out wth my friend in austin omg when the captains son was kicking ass before he got head chopped i wanted to stand up and just say something like DO THAT AGAIN or some sword crap i wanted to throw something which leads me to saying this.THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!
    o wait no its not,,,,THIS IS SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.