main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    So the 30th anniversary is coming up May 24 weekend.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we are going to do? It would be great to do something were we can dress in cotume.

If we plan it now we could advertise and get more people to come out and join our chapter.

2. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    The cheapest end easiest would be to have a picnic party, maybe at springbank.

3. lil_goddess_girl

lil_goddess_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    ^^ ooooh sounds good, that's like a 20 minute walk from my house, or not even...

4. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah that sounds like fun. I know that I can advertise at school and area. Another place we could have it would be up in victoria park, but then again it may become difficult for some people to get downtown because of traffic. Screw it lets go for Springbank park. I'll bring the lightsabers and some treats.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yes Victoria has concerts that weekend. If you get any unwanted people it's had to stand up in defence if your wearing a cotume. Also that's not the image we want.

6. lil_goddess_girl

Dec 14, 2003
    don't advertise at school Dale! the next thing we need is to be stuck with those idiots more often then we are already!!

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah, I was thinking more of Rogers TV and the Londoner, maybe some radio.

8. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm talking about getting big Tom and Brandon Soares. Maybe even flavio.

9. lil_goddess_girl

Dec 14, 2003
    Tom is cool, go ahead and ask him
    soares I'd wait and see because he can be annoying

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    everybody can be annoying at times.

11. lil_goddess_girl

Dec 14, 2003
    yes but not like he can, he's got it down to a freakin art

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So, push his buttons.

13. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah but he shuts up when told to by me. Also I found a bunch of star wars fans that work at the convent garden market. If you go over to this truffle place there is a young guy there and he's interested in going to the event and this months meeting.

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    well, sign him up.

Ha ha, really thou, did you tell him how to find the web site. It would be good to have someone ellse to talk with. Speaking of that, we haven't heard from you all that often. Are you enjoying your holidays?

15. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah but you can't blame me for not being online that often. I do have other things to do then sitting at the computer.

16. lil_goddess_girl

Dec 14, 2003
    the other problem with lots of new people is that I don't like meeting new people

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    But thats what these boards are for, meeting and talking to people who share the love of SW.

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay i told him the site and gave him the link. not sure if he'll be online any time soon.

19. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    hey guys how about we post in the toronto section as well? I believe many people will be interested in going.

20. lil_goddess_girl

Dec 14, 2003
    let's go bug them ^^

21. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Don't forget Halton (if there's anyone still there, I haven't been there in a while) and Niagara. They used to come to things here once in a while.

Sorry, I've been out of touch for the last few weeks... holidays and annoying roommates are to blame. I haven't been home much.

22. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    alright guys I just sent Jan Duursema (famous star wars comic artist) an email to see if she has anything she would like to donate to the event. Now has anyone been able to find out what charity we are doing?

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, this has been fun. I have not been able to fine any way of reserving a location though the net. So tomorrow it's time to start pounding on some doors.

Also: We need cash so if everyone can pm. me and let me know what they could donate for a bugget. It would be nice to get this thing going.

24. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's an up date, it's a bad news good news bad news good news thing.

Bad news: Springbank park does not make reservations until after Victoria day.

Good news: We are aloud to have it there before that for free.

Bad news: It's first come, first serve. So someone will have to be there at sun up.

Good news: we can bring a gas BBQ.

Bad news: we have to be done and cleaned up by dusk.

Good news: If we think there will be enough people the large round pavilion is about 35-40ft across in picnic area 'F'. So if it does rain a little we have shelter.

Rules that have to be followed: No loud speakers or stereo's No alcohal.
    if we want to get into fund raising we have to deal with the city and get the proper permits. I will look into that at a later time.

That leaves us with th isue of food and prizes for event such as costume contests.
    I am suggesting to have 4 age groups for a cotume contest:Children up to 12yrs.
    :13 to 18yrs.
    :19 to 30yrs.
    :30+ (that's pre-SW)
    So we need prizes.
    I'll start things off with a "General Grievous, Revenge of the Sith Energy Beam Blaster".
    That leave 3 more, they can be as simple as a $7 lightsaber from wall mart or an action figure.

Ok so as Brandons idea we are going to have a saber tournament.

If we become a registed not for profit group, we could ask local business. However that will not be an option untill next time. So we have to come up with it our selves.

So if anyone wants to start posting in other chapters here's what you can say:
    The event will be open from 9:00 am. to dusk on Friday May 18th in Springbank Park. More info on events that will be happening there will be released at a later date.

ps. to keep track of everything I will make changes to this posting of what we have and are doing.

25. scaredycats

scaredycats Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2007
    hey guys ...

Unfortunatly I will not be able to attend this event, I will be in TO at Anime North....

If any one needs help with your costume or couldn't sew to save your life I can assist you in this, from questions to design and seamstressing.

just PM me or go over to my site www.scaredycats.ca I am in the middle of getting the cosplay section done but I do have a few pics up already.....

MEG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.