main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY 7-11 store event in Baldwin

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Billy just found out from a friend that the 7-11 in Baldwin is doing a Star Wars promotion tomorrow (Saturday 6/11). Sign says "meet Darth Vader and friends", and management says nine people are coming from New Jersey.

It's from 12 - 3 PM, on Merrick Road west of Grand Avenue.

Anyone else know anything about this?

2. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    [Ric Olie]Sounds interesting, I didn't know 7-11 had any tie in with Star Wars. Maybe they don't have permission.[/Ric Olie]

3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Nah, it was legit. Nobody mentioned it enough, though. :p I'm volunteering at MoCCA today, that's why I didn't go.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    So I wonder why we, the Long Island residents who live right around the corner werent made aware of this. Even if we dont attend, we have friends and family with kids who would want to go there and make their event more well attended? --Billy

5. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Hey,
    I just got home from work and read this.I definitely would've suited up for it and handed out flyers,just like the Game Crazy event.I think I'll go down there today and see if I can talk to someone about possible future events.Any objections?
    -Chris

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I just talked to Dana who went down there to see what was going on. It was NER members who organized this as a Pepsi promotion.
    They say they had a miscommunication on posting the event to fan force members and that there will be another one coming and they will let us know about that one. --Billy

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    From what I gathered Pepsi set it up, but I'm not sure. All I know for sure is that they were raising money for For Katie.

What happened was that they posted an invitation to it on MEPA's forums and on the NER forum (not the TF.N one) and assumed that I would see it there and tell DB 516 about it, but I usually read MEPA's TF.N boards more regularly than their forums, so I didn't see it. I knew I heard that it was happening, but since we didn't get an invite I assumed that they only wanted armored people and we weren't invited because sometimes the stores themselves ask for armored people only, otherwise I would have never thought we weren't able to go. I never knew the date or time it was happening though. LOL They actually seemed shocked that we weren't there. I'll talk about this further tomorrow at the meeting.

8. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey guys,

Sorry about this. The NER contacted MEPA and I just assumed he contacted you guys too or else I would have emailed you about it. We posted the event on our boards and I also posted it to the Rebel Legion forums and the Echo Base forums.

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Mike,
    Tell me though, where did you post it on your boards? I look at your boards , dont go though every message, but check all the thread titles.
    Let me know where it was posted so I can figure out where I went wrong in spotting it. --Billy

10. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I posted it to MEPA's own boards (mepa-nyc.com/forums), the Rebel Legion boards, and the Echo Base boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.