main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A Breaking World: Of Alanvar and the Vyn'rath

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Chukles38, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

Elicia was walking through the caravan having the time of her life.

She absolutly loved the rain amd always had. Had always taken evey opportunity to go for long walks in it, until she had gotten sick a few times and learned to temper her enthusiasm.

Walking towards the front of the group, smile huge on her face and with a bounce in her step, she hardly even noticed that she was drenched.

When she did notice it almost ruined her good mood. If it had been hot, it would have felt like blood.

Before that thought could fully take hold she came across Zahara ogling another women as he walked along, limping slightly from his meeting with Fara, and decided to have some fun with him.

She looked around for a second, spotted a wagon and threw her cloak onto the empty passenger seat with a mischievous grin shared with the women driving it as she ran her hands over her clothing and smoothly walked into Lyles view.

She sauntered up to him and and patted him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry about Fara, she used to be a "Dancer" in the Light Kingdom and now gets a little out of sorts around men like you" She grinned even wider "No offense"

She twirled abruptly to leave, not giving him a chance to respond, took a few steps and then said over her shoulder "Oh, and no need to be embarassed about that limp, not only is she the captain of my personal guard, she's also the only other women I've ever met who has the skills to qualify for the title Bladmaster" and with that she left him to his view, leaving her cloak on the wagon. It was as drenched as she was anyway.

Once she was out of his site she put her hands over her mouth, eyes wide.

[i]I can not believe I just did that[/i]

[hr]

TAG Sarge, forest folk, chuks

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Forest, Caravan

It wasn't so much the tap on his shoulder rather then the approaching sound of squelching of mud that allowed Lyle to to take note of Elicia's presence. It was only when she did touch his shoulder that he turned around, finding her own hair soaked, sticking to her scalp just like his and-

Hello!

"Don't worry about Fara, she used to be a "Dancer" in the Light Kingdom and now gets a little out of sorts around men like you"

Thought she had - oh that explains - cloak? - why she hit me. Who - still hurt - cares!? - though. Hot - getting a - wet - closer look - body - with this one. Nice!

Thoughts, dozens of them, all being around the same as the latest ones, went through Lyle's mind as he couldn't help but look below Elicia's face. The glance at that one lady from before had just been that - a glance. A glance at a distance much farther away then this. Standing right in front of Elicia, and actually looking at what her wet clothes revealed, was completely different.

The view was probably what made Lyle slower to respond then he would've, or maybe Elicia was just moving to quick, he didn't know. First she was standing there giving him a nice frontal view, and then she was already turning, moving away from him, mentioning something about not worrying about the limp. Lyle gave the merest glances to his leg - which mysteriously didn't seem to be hurting at the moment - and instead kept most of his focus forward, tilting his head just a little to get a nice look at her backside to complete the image before she vanished.

...And he stared for a little while longer before he finally shook his head.

Woah, Lyle thought to himself, blinking a bit while his mind caught up. Been a while. A grin propped up on his face as he turned around once again, proceeding to move on, the recent image his mind captured still fresh. It had indeed been a while; during the past couple weeks with the Rebellion preparing for the battle - the battle that they lost mind you -, Lyle hadn't been able to indulge in such carnal pleasures during then. The suppressed hormones seemed to be taking this chance to arise back up within him during this break, however.

I think she likes me.

Suddenly feeling like it, Lyle started to whistle to himself as he continued on, the pain in his leg feeling not at all as bothersome as it did a moment ago.

TAG: WINKWINK, Forest People

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Alleria Deron
    Somewhere

Alleria felt laughter bubble up in her throat and forced it down. This ... this was absurd. Here she was, tied up and helpless and soaked through the skin - and her kidnapper didn't even know her name and had just turned bright red at the sight of her slender form in clinging wet clothes. He didn't look that much older than her - eighteen or nineteen, maybe, and under any other circumstances she might even have found him cute - but right now Alleria felt like he was younger.

Part of her was still shocked and afraid. But now another part of her awoke, and whispered, Good. How can I use this?

That appalled her almost as much as her current situation.

"Alleria," she said, and internally winced at how breathy her voice sounded. Good gods. She wasn't trying to seduce him, but her voice simply wasn't working properly. She forged on. "Um, if- if you didn't know who I am, even my name, why- why did you take me?"

TAG: Chuks :p

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: As she isn´t the chatting kinda girl, I made her a loner for good . . .

Igrene
    In the rain . . .

The water did not bother her. Only that it froze and had to be peeled of her skin was strange. And strange was bad enough when you were alone. Now she had potential watchers. Therefore she tried not to get wet, pulling a blanket around her and waiting n the rain. She ignored the otheres for now, as they ignored her. Her lack of patience was disturbing. Why did she feel so restless?

Maybe death had made her that way. She had heard it worked like a drug for some. And a curse for others.

She felt she was not cursed. But Orml was so frightened by death while she enjoyed it to kill. Was she wrong? Also in that aspect of her personality? It couldn´t be rules out. Actually it was very possible.

Musing over that she sighed and watched the water freeze on her fingers, as it drippled down on them.

Different.

That was what she was.

Tag: Anybody

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Thus, there must be chatting [face_shame_on_you]

Forest Caravan

Elicia - and the nice display that he had seen - still stuck to Lyle's mind and was the main subject for him fantasizing about for the next few minutes as the caravan continued it's march. And it was his current fixation on the woman that made him think of the other people that were in the caravan; the ones that didn't seem to be part of Elicia's band. The ones that made up the campfire crew that he had first stumbled onto.

Lyle remembered one of them at the top of his head. Erml...Arml... Okay so maybe he didn't remember that well. The one that didn't exactly like the fact that the archer had killed the soldiers that had been willing to capture or kill their little group. Not that there was any difference between captured and killed when the mages are concerned anyway.

The next of the unusual band that came to mind was the one that Lyle just happened to spot. Unlike Elicia, the lady that reminded Lyle so much of Sassana seemed to be wrapped up in a blanket in an attempt to protect herself from the rain. He remembered the strange scene that he stumbled onto with her, what with the dead soldiers, neither seeming to have been cut down with a sword or anything of the like, and wondered if it was possible that she had magic at her disposal. If Lyle remembered correctly someone did create that earth wall from way before...

With the caravan on the - hopefully - right track to the Rebellion, Lyle thought it wasn't a bad idea to saunter over and perhaps become 'friends' with another of the ladies of the group. Taking a break from the front, Lyle stepped over to the lady.

"So you seem quite eager to join the Rebellion," Lyle started as he now walked alongside her. Actually, if he remembered correctly, the woman had almost seemed eager to do some more killing after her previous sampling. "What do you got against the mages?"

TAG: SirakRomar, Anyone Else

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    In the rain

She was still sitting there and watching the rain, when she realized the archer had come over. Looking up she smiled. Her imitation of a smile, like a puppet she moved her fae muscles but never really got it right. The man was outfitted for war, obviously.

"So you seem quite eager to join the Rebellion," then man, was his name Lyle, stated. She nodded. Her artificial smile still on her face. Mimicing happyness. She wondered if a more serious mod was probably appropriate. "What do you got against the mages?" The man asked.

"They killed friends. I decided it was appropriate to have revenge. I thought a thousands of them for every of my friends, but when I found out there weren´t that many mages, I decided wiping them all out would be fine. Logical and I don´t need to keep track of how many I killed. Much easier, isn´t it?" She asked, her tone and face showing she was abslutely serious about every word she said.

Tag: Sarge, others

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Forest, Caravan

"They killed friends."

As the woman told her tale, Lyle nodded politely as she revealed the same reasoning that Lyle had heard many times before since he had joined the Rebellion. Friends killed, vengeance seeming to be the logical and only course of action. For a moment Lyle wondered why he joined. He had been lucky; his entrance to the Rebellion wasn't because of the blood of family or friends having been spilled. It had been a choice that he had made back at the Earth Kingdom.

"Logical and I don´t need to keep track of how many I killed. Much easier, isn´t it?"

Lyle gave another nod at that and, like when he had first seen her, a little chill crawled down his spine. Not the good kind of chill mind you, the kind of chill that would tell Lyle to stop making jokes, this lady be serious and not so happy behind that smile she had presented a moment ago. Speaking of that smile...the archer thought he detected something wrong with it but maybe that was just him.

Either way, the chill coupled with the rain got him into thinking of the wineskin that he still had at his belt. Feeling the need to have some of that warmth that could only be attained through the burning taste of alcohol, Lyle got it from his belt. Having been about to run out before the battle with the mages, Lyle had managed to refill when he discovered that Elicia's band had some wine of their own.

"Easier, perhaps," Lyle spoke before taking a sip from his wineskin. The wine wasn't the best he had ever tasted but hey, he couldn't be picky during these times so he just enjoyed it nonetheless. "But revenge be a messy thing when it wants to be in my experience. Not a desire that you want to indulge too much in."

Maybe that's why he never took revenge as his own reasoning to go up against the mages. During his time at the Rebellion while men and women, drinking buddies, nightly company, and all other manner of friends would be slain in one battle or another, he never sought blood. It just made things much messier then they should be. He would know afterall; he'd seen some of their crew indulge a little too much in the blood of their enemies and one or two of those scenes he's witnessed Lyle would never be able to erase from his mind no matter how much he tried to drown it away with alcohol.

And they say alcohol clouds the mind.

Glancing at the wineskin in his hand, he held it out to the woman to see if she wanted a sip. With his refill, he was more comfortable with the idea of sharing. Especially with one of the opposite gender.

"Didn't catch your name by the way," Lyle spoke as he held out the offering to her. Out of the others of the group that he had stumbled upon, she was definitely the most quiet of them all and thus he had never gotten a chance to hear her name spoken aloud.

TAG: SirakRomar, Forest Crew

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Leocanto Ravelle
    The Rebel Camp

Ravelle stumbled into the command tent, sprawling on the ground, coughing as his lungs remembered how to suck in air after having his oxygen so rudely expelled from his lungs by unfriendly fists. His breeches and coat were stained with muck from being thrown to the ground, his hat crooked and wild. They'd taken his blade, and he'd tried to talk to them, but apparently reason and rhetoric was not held in high regard by these gentlemen. He run a muddy hand through his mop of disheveled hair, not really caring for he was already covered in filth. Sweat stood out on his brow; they'd thrown him around a fair bit, and he'd let them. After all, it wouldn't do to be incarcerated for being a thief, con and brawler.

Especially because he knew he'd win.

He'd clearly missed a bit of the conversation, because the next thing he heard came from the man in charge. "Is this true?" About the theft? Yeah, probably.

"You're clearly concerned," he started, coughing, hoping no teeth were broken, "about this. Seems like your mind is made up already."

Leocanto hauled himself into a sitting position, leaning on the seat of a chair. "They only caught me because they're just as ready to break the rules as I am."

Tag: Chuks, Ktala, Trim

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Orml Chal
    Forest Caravan

Igrene was an odd one, Orml had to give her that. Her attempt at passive conversation had seemed... off. Not to mention she had completely misgauged the approaching weather, but then again Orml was a bit better than most at that, having spent the bulk of his time on the road.

He found the rain quite refreshing. When it rained it felt like your negative energy was being rinsed away. The rain was cleansing, and it helped to make the plants grow. Plant growth helped out the animals. Rain, essentially, made the world go around.

Not to mention it didn't put out your fireweed.

So he found himself walking along with the group, smoking quite contentedly, the natural spectacle helping to take his mind off the carnage he had witnessed only a few hours earlier. Igrene and that commander fellow were apparently striking up a conversation. Good match, Orml thought with a smirk and a drag.

The path beneath his feet was growing ever muddier, as one could expect. He remembered the first time he had walked barefoot through the mud. Back then, he had found it so unsettling than he set up camp for a while and he abstained from walking until everything was well and dry. Now he had grown so used to going everywhere without shoes that he welcomed mud as a brief respite from otherwise hard roads. It was marvelous for the back.

He took an appraisal of the various refugees. The general attitude seemed to be one of misery, probably in connection to the rain. He sighed slightly.

Sometimes the "normal" folks didn't know what they were missing.

TAG: Any in the forest group, GM

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    In the rain

"But revenge be a messy thing when it wants to be in my experience. Not a desire that you want to indulge too much in." The man said. She thought about it, then gave a serene smile.

"Oh, don´t worry. I don´t indulge in any desires." She said and tried to broader her smile. Maybe desires weren´t that good, actually. This man doubted their effectiveness. Maybe it wasn´t that bad she had none.

"Didn't catch your name by the way," The man said. "You didn´t? It is Igrene." She said and watched the mans hand. She knew the shock he would feel when he found out how cold she was. Like a corpse. A few man had thought she was undead, when they met her in the woods a few days ago. She had killed them.

"My hands are terribly cold." She smiled again, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

Tag: Sarge221

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Caravan

"Oh, don´t worry. I don´t indulge in any desires."

Again the smile. Usually when ladies smiled at him he tended to think of them as wonderful sights that promised some more...mature things that would pop up in his mind as he fantasized about them. But this one's - Igrene's - wasn't so much wonderful as it was...off. Oh sure she was pretty, Lyle didn't need to tell himself that one again, and she was still pretty when she smiled. But again it just felt like there was something wrong and it was bothering him.

Course, the sense of wrongness about the woman increased when he felt the coldness.

The rain was cold. His clothes were cold. He was cold. But to his touch, when he handed Igrene his wineskin, he felt as if she was freezing. Maybe not as far as ice cold but still...and she wasn't even shaking.

The thought of the men at her feet, having died so mysteriously, came back to his mind and another shudder wanted to come down his spine.

"My hands are terribly cold."

"So I see," was all Lyle said as he withdrew his hand, his fingers instinctively flexing. Maybe he was crazy, but between this and the earth wall, had he inadvertently managed to stumble onto a group of magic users? That had been killing the soldiers of the Mages?

...Sassana and the rest of the ladies are gonna love him.

"So where are you from?" Lyle questioned, suddenly feeling much better. "You actually remind me of another lady I know. Pale like you but not as cold that's for sure. She's from the Wind Kingdom but I'm gonna guess that you're...Ice?"

TAG: SirakRomar, Anyone Else

12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: A litle world creating I am doing here . . .

Igrene
    In the rain

"Ice. Yes. I am from the Echtalon Mountains, near the center of the Kingdom. I think you call them the Heart of Winter in the earth kingdom. You´re from here?" He smile had now vanished. Because true curiosity was now reigning her emotions. "Most peopel from the Rebellion are from the earth kingdom, right? Tell me about your cuase. Tell me how the war against the Mages is going?" She asked, leaning forward now. The drops of waiter that formed at her fingertips now freezing. She did not realize anymore.

Tag: Sarge221

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Caravan

Lyle nodded when Igrene spoke of the Echtalon Mountains, not really knowing what they truly are until she mentioned, 'Heart of Winter'. Ah, that was indeed a term he had heard and knew of even if he had never been to those icy lands.

"Most people from the Rebellion are from the earth kingdom, right? Tell me about your cause. Tell me how the war against the Mages is going?"

"The people from both the Earth and Light Kingdom make up most of our numbers due to being right next to each other," Lyle confirmed. "Though there are those from other lands. The Earth Kingdom just happens to be the logical choice to start up and maintain a Rebellion. I mean, we would've had to worry about people floating away if we went to Wind and, though I'm sure your lands are nice, there is the climate to consider as well as Trolls."

He made sure not to get into too much details such as how the Light Kingdom - which still retained most of it's freedom from the mages - had been a staunch supporter of the Rebellion, conducting under the table kind of deals with them. Igrene may've killed a couple of the Mage's soldiers but one could never be too careful. So far the only ones that Lyle knew to possess magic were Mages. Even Sassana had been a part of the Mages for a time if Lyle remembered correctly. And as Igrene leaned just a bit forward, Lyle's sharp eyes were able to see the water that was freezing on her fingers.

"We're just not exactly fond with how the Mages have been acting," Lyle continued. Lyle had known things hadn't been right since the Mages had started taking over - and that had helped his decision to join the Rebellion - but it was only when he actually joined that he learned the true crimes of the Mages which he now voiced to Igrene. "Disposing of the government, taking control of every army around, making sure they're in total control. No one to stop them from doing what happened to your friends because of it. There were apparently something called the Vyn'rath long ago; some guardians that the Mages killed if I remember correctly, so I guess you can say we're just filling the gap that was left behind. We've been doing fine so far but additional help is always nice."

TAG: SirakRomar

14. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    My sincerest apologies for the delay. Life has been slightly busy for me the past few days. However, here is an update. I recommend reading the first part for some brief history.

?Xavier?s eyes narrowed as he listened to Leocanto. He was clearly not pleased. ?Sir,? he said, though it was clear that he had no measure of respect for the man at the moment, ?I advise you to take stock of your situation most carefully. I have taken you into this camp graciously, not because you have proven yourself, but because you seemed no friend of the Mages, which makes you a friend of ours. However, I do not tolerate insolence. We have a very secure society here, and we cannot jeopardize that. We exist because we have rules, and we follow them. Anyone who breaks these rules is punished. It is how we survive.?

?Xavier, who had leaned forward throughout this whole exchange, sat back in his chair, a contemplative look crossing his face. The anger and annoyance seemed to have fled from his mind as it took a new, unforeseeable route. He sat like that for some time, and the silence in the tent became somewhat awkward. At last, his distant gaze focused once more on the rogue sitting before him. Xavier stood and began to pace, his hands placed behind his back as he continued to think. Even when he at last spoke, it seemed his mind was only half on the words that came from his mouth.

??Fifty years ago, King Hendar, the ruler of the whole of Gilanore, was assassinated. He had been beloved of all, a fair and just king. The kind that we had waited years for. This of course was before either of our times, but it still rests very near to my heart. My father had been a very trusted advisor to Hendar, and as such the situation surrounding his death was known to him. The Mages, seeking to gain control over Gilanore, assassinated him. However, their power was great. The Vyn?rath, who by nature were proud and just?protectors of the people?were kept in the dark. Even the three that occupied a seat on the Mage?s Council knew nothing of the plot.

??The mages moved the royal family to a secure location, known only to the High Council of Mages. It was a fortress located in The Barrier? only a few miles south of here. That first night, the family was murdered. The Vyn?rath, who were the only ones powerful enough to oppose the mages, were blamed. The Mages deceived the people, and they supported as the Vyn?rath were hunted into extinction. The Mages struck quickly and efficiently. The Vyn?rath, taken by surprise as their brethren betrayed them, didn?t stand a chance.

??Quickly and quietly the Mages eliminated all who opposed them. My father was one of these. Under the guise of guarding the throne until the new king could be found, the Mages received little opposition from the peoples of the various kingdoms.? Xavier paused briefly before continuing. ?They did bring stability, though it was an uneasy one. As the years passed, the Mages secured their place of power and stole many rights from the people. Still, only a few of us saw this. Even now much of this is unknown to the peoples of Gilanore.?

?Xavier stopped his pacing and moved forward, crouching down ten feet or so in front of Leocanto, who still remained on the ground. ?My father laid the foundations of this rebellion, and I continue what he began. That is why I fight. That is why we all fight. The Mages have abused their position. I will not allow this to fail. You, my friend, will obey these rules we have set, or you will be asked to leave. Now, as we cannot allow ourselves to be found, leaving in the normal fashion may prove difficult for you, so I would recommend??

?Xavier did not get the chance to finish. A soldier burst into the tent and went to speak. At the look that Xavier shot him, he hesitated. ?Yes?? Xavier asked impatiently.

?He bowed quickly in apology. ?I?m sorry, sir, but important news.? Xavier gestured impatiently for him to go on. ?Corporal Zahara has just arrived in camp. He? well? perhaps you best come

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Rebel Encampment

Not so much a barrier when you have so many holes in it, Lyle couldn't help but think to himself as they entered what seemed like a labyrinth of caverns and valleys. He didn't complain of course; made it very easy for them to hide. The forest had been the host of many thieves and other criminals that had wished to hide - very successfully at that - and at times Lyle wondered if they had stumbled upon these caverns like the Rebellion had. That, or there were members that had joined the Rebellion that had already had knowledge of them.

Didn't know, didn't care. Lyle was just happy with being able to hide in them.

Soon enough, the encampment came in sight. Lyle's brow furrowed just a bit when he saw the soldiers that immediately formed up once they had been spotted. Couldn't exactly be surprised as caution was something that the Rebellion cherished but the archer had at least thought they would've been more prepared for his arrival. He had sent the men that had been with him on ahead to regroup and brief Xavier about what happened and what he may be bringing to the party. Ah well.

Glancing back at Igrene and the rest, Lyle gave them a reassuring nod and ran ahead of the group, waving his bow in the air to get the rebel soldiers' attention and when they relaxed Lyle figured that they had indeed recognized him. Lyle didn't slow his pace though, keeping the run up to rejoin his comrades just as Xavier came into view. As he drew closer and saw the bewildered look on his leader's face, Lyle's frowned just a bit. Sheesh, were they really that unprepared for his arrival?

"Ohi boss," Lyle spoke, his run turning into a jog, then a walk, and finally a complete stop so that he was standing right in front of the man. Grinning up at him, Lyle motioned his head back to the approaching caravan. "I came back from the forest with some new friends."

TAG: Chukles, Forest and Rebel Folk

16. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

Upon seeing the line of men form up Elicia droped back to her wagon and got a clean, dry, cloak.

[i]Wouldn't do to parade myself around[/i] she thought somwhat ruefully.

She hesitated over arming herself, but in the end she also left the wagon with her knives around her waist. The ones up her sleeves had of course never left her.

[i]Best to let them know from the get go that I'm a fighter[/i] Steeling herself she strode after Corporal Zahara, drew her claok about her hiding her weapons, and glided inbetween two of the men in her way before they could protest. She paused just behind Zahara and waited to be interduced, Staring the imposing man the Corporal had called "Boss" in emotionlesly in the eye as she let her cloak fall back.

[i]I really hope I don't have to go with plan B[/i]

[hr]

TAG Sarge. Chuckels. Everyone else.

17. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    OCC by the way, I'll have uncertain enternet access for the next few days, so sorry if I don't respond promptly.

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: making up for not posting in a while and trying to establish Skillan?s character a bit more? turned out a bit long?.

IC: Skillan Iarnsen
    ~Woods, with the outlaws~

A group this big, traveling through the woods, in the natural dark of night that had returned? it had made Skillan decidedly nervous once the community Ell led went on its way. No one, no one anywhere near its vicinity could miss the noise, or the light of the torches.

And since you couldn?t see what was outside the circle of torchlight when you were inside that circle yourself, or hear the forest with the noise of people and creaking wagons around you, Skillan hadn?t stayed with Ell?s people for long. Instead he had lost himself in the woods and between the trees, his lean body and long legs easily outdistancing the slow going caravan, scouting ahead of them, his eyes, but especially his ears, open for any possible danger.

He came back in the morning, his hair not so golden as its wet strands plastered around his face, the rain running in rivulets over his dark brown leather jacket and his buckskin trousers, unable to penetrate the cured and oiled material. He had put his bow back in its casing, equally impervious to the rain, as soon as the first drops had started to fall, keeping the precious wood protected. Now the wind was taking up as well and started whipping his hair around his face.

This storm was only going to grow in the next hour. It made him ache for the people around him, who walked on doggedly, carrying what hadn?t fitted in the few wagons they had, many with small children in their arms.

They should be in their own homes, underneath dry blankets and with a fire banked in their hearths.

He looked around, wondering where Ell was and then he saw her. Her clothes were plastered to her as she talked to the man leading them to who knew where and he had the uneasy feeling she was somehow showing off for him. It was there in how she held herself, and in how she walked away from him.

He couldn?t believe it. Why did she do it, why did she act so different with that man than how he had seen her before?

He also couldn?t look away, his eyes following her.

Crying finally made him turn his head. Two little girls he had seen earlier, valiantly trying to help their tired looking mother, sat in the wagon beside him, clearly miserable in the sodden blankets they awkwardly tried to keep around themselves. Their mother was talking to them in a low, soothing voice where she walked beside the wagon, which only had place for a few. But it was clear the little girls were too cold and miserable to care for what their mother was saying to them.

Skillan took the bedroll slung on his back and went to the three.

?Hey,? he smiled shyly at the mother and the girls. ?Maybe you could use this?? He opened the bedroll and let it unfold. ?See, it has a leather bottom,? he showed the mother. ?If they keep the leather on top instead of below them, it would keep the rain away.?

?Oh, Sir, I couldn?t possibly take this from you.?

?It?s Skillan. And it?s only for this trip,? Skillan assured her. He could hardly give a gift away. ?I?m not using it for now, so why shouldn?t your girls be warm and dry in it. I?ll come and get it back later.? He practically shoved the bedroll in the mother?s arms and hastily walked away before she could refuse, soon reaching the front of the caravan.

Ell was nowhere to be seen.

?Hungry?? When he looked toward the voice, he saw a girl of about his own age smile at him, holding out a dried apple and a piece of bread.

?Thank you,? he told her as he took her offerings, realizing he was ravenous. He smiled back at her and suddenly the girl was blushing fiercely. She mumbled something and hurried back down the line of people and wagons. A bit baffled he looked after her as he took a bite from the apple.

The many different fruits they had in these lower lands was one of the things he had learned to really appreciate.

Once the food was gone he went out into the woods again, b

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    Camp of the Rebellion

Soldiers. Everywhere soldiers. Like the one she killed. Or those in the Winter Kingdom.

Lyle gave her a reassuring nod and Igrene returned with her forced, but improving smile. Then seh looked around what people were doing. She had never seen an army not fighting. Or dying. Curious she walked from man to man, watching their everyday work. Not thinking about how they felt to be observed like that. Her spear on her back, she forgot to stay near the group and wandered through the encampment. This was the Rebellion?

It was unfortunate she had found them so early. That left her only the task of killing all Mages before she would have to find something new to do with her life.

Tag: All

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Apologies for the delay, Chuks. Busy busy ...

IC: Alleria Deron
    In a cave somewhere

Alleria's breath caught as Jordan moved behind her and out of her field of vision - but she forced down the fear and nodded. If he meant her any harm, he would hardly pretend to untie her wrists while doing it, and it didn't seem like he would anyway. Aside from kidnapping her, he hadn't harmed her at all.

Sure enough, her wrists were soon freed. "Thank you," Alleria whispered, her voice low. She massaged them gratefully as Jordan sat back. Her skin was chafed from the rope (though not as badly as they could have been - should have been, if Alleria had thought to try and break free) and shoulders hurt like blazes from being in that position for so long. She stretched, wincing, and only subsided once she remembered that stretching probably only made her wet shirt cling more.

But now her hands were free, and even if her feet were not, she didn't need her feet to use magic. Her options were now rather less limited. Now what?

Now ... she would wait for the company of people outside to pass, and then she'd think about it.

TAG: Chuks

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Orml Chal
    Rebel Encampment

Still quite content with the feeling of the rain on his head and the mud between his toes as he walked, Orml's high spirits nonetheless came crashing back down to the ground when the sight of the rebel camp reminded him of just where it was he was walking to. Yes, he had told himself he had little option but to go with the young officer, that he would've been hunted down by the mages otherwise, but...

He felt at the sword he had picked up back on the battlefield. The damnable blade had done something to him, triggered something... almost morbid. Not on the surface, somewhere deep down, almost imperceptible, even to him. But he knew it was there. "Best to destroy this foul implement and get it over with," he grumbled, looking at his father's handiwork. No conventional smith would do - they would invariably reuse the metal and simply forge some new weapon. No, this blade would have to be tossed into a fire of his own make, or perhaps the lava of the Fire Kingdom. It would never, ever be used again.

He thought again of its former owner. Had he been one of these rebels? Had this been the cause the man had died for? Killing in opposition to killing? What good did that do? The mages killed because they were afraid. Afraid of a bogeyman, a specter that didn't, and never would, exist. And how did the rebellion respond to this unjustified slaughter?

An unjustified slaughter. Politics... he thought, grumbling some more. He wanted nothing to do with any of it. If they couldn't be convinced to stop, and he knew neither side could be, why even waste the effort?

Still grumbling, he strolled off to the side of the large group of people, pulled up under a nice, shady tree which provided some rain cover, and decided to stay there for the time being. In the morning, he would leave, and be done with the whole affair.

TAG: Forest Group, (Sarge, Chuks)

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    GM NOTE: I once again apologize for the delay. Life has been a bit hectic. Expect an update either later tonight or tomorrow.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Leocanto Ravelle
    The Rebel Camp

He'd heard enough. This clearly wasn't a rebellion worth his time, money or attention.

"Recommend away."

The fleet fingered man stood slowly, wincing dramatically as he did so. Wasn't that bad, really. I can take any of them. He made a great show of dusting off his now-dirty jacket, the act only partly responsible for the sullen look on his face. This is a good coat. Shame to get it dirty.

He looked about. "I still think you're missing the point, though. And I'd like my blade back." Not that a lock could stop me...

His gaze met that of his accusers. "A matter of honour awaits."

Tag: Chuks

24. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    GM NOTE: Once again, my sincerest apologies for the continued delay. Between RL issues and this update requiring more thought and planning than I originally intended, I found that I had to be a few days late. So, hopefully, you will forgive me. The sooner I hear from everyone, the sooner the next update will be, though of course I will move it along in a timely manner regardless. The game is so close to picking up. Just another update or two and the action will really start, so, enjoy. :)

?Xavier stood as Leocanto responded with his assumed customary disrespect. He had demanded his blade and mentioned that this was a matter of honor or some sort? I never really pay him much attention at this point, I guess. There is so much to tell, and it?s hard to do each individual justice.? The bard paused, considering this, and then started a moment later, remembering he had a story to tell.

?Oh, right. Xavier looked at the rogue for a moment. He wasn?t entirely sure what to do with him, you see. After a long moment, he spoke, his voice having a note of finality. ?My friend, since you have thus far shown little to no respect towards the honor of me, my people, or this camp, I care little for yours. However, I have more important matters to attend to at the moment.? Xavier turned to two large men. ?Lock him up for now. Guard him. Don?t let him out.?

?Before Leocanto could respond or react, the two men?both quite a bit larger than him, mind you?had him by each arm and the poor man was being dragged through the camp. As he was pulled along, he noticed a large group of people assembled outside the camp, but they soon disappeared behind the tents. The prison of the camp was nothing grand. It was a small cavity in the mountainside, hardly warranting the title of cave, with bars very firmly cemented into the rock. Leocanto was thrown in with little ceremony, and the door was locked.?

?Xavier stood examining the group as Lyle stepped forward. "Ohi boss. I came back from the forest with some new friends." Xavier studied him carefully before speaking, his arms folded neatly across his chest.

??So I see.? He paused for a moment, something he did often. ?That may have been a mistake.? Xavier turned to Valen, who, along with Sassana, had followed Xavier out of the command tent. ?Valen, see that these people are given a place to stay. However, secure the valley. There are only two entrances and exits. I want them well guarded. No one comes, and no one leaves, without my express permission.? Xavier turned back to Lyle. ?Corporal, come with me.? Without another word, Xavier turned and moved back into his command tent, Lyle following closely behind.

?The tent was now empty, and Xavier had the young corporal relate what had happened since the battle. Xavier said little, merely nodding or grunting in response. After the archer had finished, Xavier remained quiet for a long while, considering what he has just been told. Finally, he spoke. ?Corporal, go and help them get settled. When they are, bring me this group that you met in the woods. The leader of that camp as well.? It became clear that Xavier was not going to say anything more, as he fell back into a contemplative silence.?

?An hour or so later, Leocanto was still sitting in his cell, the chance to escape not yet presenting itself. However, it seemed that he may not need to worry about escape, for the two guards, after receiving a message from a third man, opened the cell and roughly grabbed him, dragging him once more through the camp.

?The scoundrel soon found himself once more in the command tent, and as before he was thrown roughly to the ground. However, this time he was not alone. Lyle, Igrene, Fynn, Skillan, Orml, Ellicia, and Lor were all gathered in the tent as well. Xavier was in his customary spot on his chair, still lost in thought for the moment.

?At length, he spoke. ?I have been in

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Valley, Rebel Camp

"That may have been a mistake."

The grin upon Lyle's face twitched for a moment at that but it remained on his face nonetheless. Ah, that was just the rebel leader being all moody and cautious. Lyle was used to it and - as long as it wasn't criticism which was something else he was used to getting from Xavier - then he was all well and fine. The rebel leader just didn't happen to see the group that the hunter had stumbled onto killing all those troops that were affiliated with the Mages.

That was fine. Xavier would come around sooner or later to this little arrangement.

"Corporal, come with me."

As ordered, the archer obediently followed the rebel leader, though not without taking a quick look. Having seen them before, Lyle found Valen and Sassana, Xavier's walking shadows, again and it was the latter that Lyle gave another grin and a wink.

Then he looked back and repeated the action with Ellicia, adding a thumbs up to go with it, and with another turn of his head he repeated the process yet again and added a wave and nod towards Igrene.

Didn't matter what Xavier thought about this; Lyle was really liking this arrangement.

Being directed into the command tent, Lyle told Xavier about what happened. About him and his men going into the woods, the earth wall that popped up, how the members of the group - specifically Igrene and that kid as they had been the ones that had displayed their powers upon their victims - and then how one of the group - Elicia - led them to her own camp of outlaws and criminals while Lyle sent the rest of the men ahead with that kid. Course, this also led to Lyle discovering that his men nor the kid had ever made it back to the camp. That caused a frown at that thought, that his call to send them back had might've gotten them caught with the Mages, but he pushed it from his mind.

Once the debriefing was done, he had went back out, selected the members of the group that he had stumbled onto, and then brought them back to the tent where Xavier now took over to recruit them into the rebellion. As Xavier started the process, Lyle took a stand next to the rebel leader, his arms crossed over his chest as he patiently waited for the outcome and making sure to give a comforting smile to the others - and yes, Igrene and Elicia tended to be the targets of those - if they happened to glance his way.

Right now the archer thought that quite a few of them would be willing to join. Igrene was definitely one that that he figured wanted to if her desire to kill Mages had been any hint, Orml he had a feeling wasn't though for, once again, an obvious attitude that he had displayed when it came to fighting and killing. The others he wasn't too sure - he hadn't spent enough time to get to know them - but Elicia was the one that Lyle was concerned about. After all, she was the one that had the hundreds of men and women with her that could bolster their forces.

...Among other things.

TAG: All Within Tent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.