main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A few questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Elfsheen, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hi,

I'm working on my website. Among others it's going to have a Star Wars section. Now I was wondering, I don't want it to be the everyday sw site.

So I want to ask you all: what do you want to see on the nowadays SW site?

Elfsheen

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

There are a lot of Star Wars Website that could quite possibly be clones of others...

If you want a sucessful site I think it needs to be original, something no one has ever seen before.

3. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    in my star wars section i have a timer counting down to E3. some memories and stuff writen up. pictures of me and my friends at E1 and E2.

4. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks, I think I got a few ideas. But first I have to come out with a good lay out ;)

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Elfsheen, you're working on a website? That's awesome. This is your first website, right? If so and if not, I'd go with frames. I'm very familiar with frames now, so if you have any trouble, just pm me. I can also reccommend a really good host, too.

Brinkster.com

~aeryn

6. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Just take a look around the net, and you'll notice that particular categories of SW websites don't exist, and if you want your site to succeed, then try to aim for one of these segments. For example, try not to create a SW news site. However, you may want to create a site about SW SFX.

Just an idea. :)

7. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I have always been a fan of finding a niche that is already not filled, and filling it. If you're going to jump into a pre existing area, you're going to have to spend a lot of time, a lot of effort, and quite possibly a fair amount of money.

¤Night

8. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL thanks for the tips and I already got an idea of what I'm gonna do, I think ;)

Aeryn: It's not really my first website. I used to make website - layouts anyway - and then delete them. But this is an official host because I got my own domain ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.