main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A fun thread because I cut class and I'm bored!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

I feel all toasty and warm now. I'll grab some marshmellows.

THATS the flame I was waiting for!

:D

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I aim to please. [face_mischief]

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I get your satire there, BYOB. Would you curb your language though.

4. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Ok, I know this is all in fun but let's tone it down a bit.

5. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Uh... :confused: ...

Anyway...
    Hungernut, sounds like a Norwegian or German speed metal band, especially if you spell it like this: HüngerNUT!

6. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh and stay in school, kids. :p

To answer the questions posed...

What is the crappiest band ever?

Creed. Stop whining already.

What is the best band ever?

Guns n' Roses. And the Stones and Aerosmith and Van Halen and The Sex Pistols.

What band/artist is seriously needing a punk upside the head?

Celine Dion. I can forgive all the boy bands and jailbait girl singers but what Celine Dion did to me with that Titanic Song, I will never recover from.

What's the most over-rated band?

Whatever's Number one right now.

What's the most under-rated band?

Naked Ray Gun.

What is the worst song...ever?

Got to go with the Titanic song again. No actually, probably the song that Elton John re-made after that royal chick died.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "I get your satire there, BYOB. Would you curb your language though."

Huh? ?[face_plain] Oh, I get it: self-satire. ;)

8. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Tom--you're outstanding.

Bobafemme--I'm not sure what exactly a "jailbait cd" is, but it sounds hot! You really need to watch it with the innuendo, though. . .

;)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It's nothing I'm advocating. :) It is just a compiliation of songs that are about it. Like 17 by Winger, add in some Stray Cats and Fleetwood Mac, mix in a heavy dose of 80s glam metal and you have the CD.

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "It's nothing I'm advocating."

Well if you won't, I will. [face_mischief]

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    What is the crappiest band ever?
    Color Me Badd...but really, there's too many to list.

What is the best band ever?
    U2, my personal fav is NIN though.

What band/artist is seriously needing a punk upside the head?
    Michael Jackson

What's the most over-rated band?
    When Mtv was trying to start it's own Nirvanaesque music revolution, to which most people ignored...Prodigy. Says nothing to whether they were any good or not, but they were definately floating on over inflated hype.

What's the most under-rated band?
    Prick

What is the worst song...ever?
    There's too much crappy songs to pick the worst, but the current irritants on the radio waves would include the wretched theme from James Bond by Madonna, but even worse than that is that new "Skater Boy" song by that wannabe bubblegum punk "complicated" singing girl...and as a former skater myself, I think it says a lot.

13. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    But Avril has angst. Better yet, its teenage angst. As everyone knows, teenage angst, when added with a redhead wearing a too-big necktie=WAY HOT!

Just kidding--she sucks.

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Actually, I'd be remiss if I didn't also add to the punk upside the head list Mr. Lenny Kravitz..for no other reason than the horrible American Woman butchering he did..oh and he married Lisa Bonet so I think he should probably take two to the coconut for that one.

m

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No more dissin' Lenny, either. I'll run ye through, landlubber! ARRR!!

16. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to add a question to the forum:

What song, or performer, do you listen to but would never let your friends know about (other than on the internet where potentially millions can read it and snicker)?

I'll even answer first. For some reason, "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones always makes me happy (I even have the CD, it was cheap) and the same goes for "Pina Colada" but mostly that one makes me laugh. And I don't have the CD to that one. I do have limits.

Dwayne

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't think I have anything like that in my collection. Which is not to say that someone else wouldn't think that there's something I listen to that I should keep to myself. I just don't have any qualms about talking about any of my musical tastes.

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I have to side with Tom on that one. I don't really have anything like that in my collection either. I'm proud to say that I listen to Sting and Steely Dan, Madonna and Loreena McKennitt. And my latest obsession is the Mediaeval Baebes!

Plus I have a ton of classical--usually of 16th to 18th century variety, but one of my fave composers is Ralph Vaughn Williams from the late 19th-early 20th century.

Trivia Note: Did you know that Ralph Vaughn Williams Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis was the inspiration for John Williams composition of Han Solo and the Princess? If you haven't heard this piece, I highly recommend a listen! :)

Add to that some jazz, including Frank and the pack, lots of medieval/renaissance music, and a healthy dose of Lisa Gerrard, Enya, Clannad and soundtracks, and I feel I have a collection to be proud of.

So, no, I can't say there's one artist or composer I would be ashamed to admit listening to...

19. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Loreena McKennitt

Now I don't feel as much like a freak for owning one of her CDs. :D

I also own Ween - Pure Guava, Saturday Morning Cartoons with a lot of the various songs redone, and several other "questionable" CDs that I cannot think of off the top of my head...

20. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I generally don't advertise that I'm a Digital Underground fan (rappers of the 90's hit "Humpty Hump"), but I am. Their stuff is hilarious, and totally different than any other (C)rap I've heard. I also have a fondness for "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" by the late, not-so-great John Denver. Go figure.

Wampas--I've got a "Songs of the '70s" disc with your "Pina Colada" song on it , if you're interested!

Jason

21. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Hmmm.... the only thing in my collection right now that I think some people might find silly is Phil Collin's "No Jacket Required". It's very 80s and very pop, but not in the currently trendy retro 80s way. I rather like it, it's upbeat, has some really interesting drum parts, and I really like every single song on the album.

Music snobbery is a bad bad thing. I saw way too much of it in college, it isn't healthy.

22. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Easy-E...gangsta rap at its funniest. I don't have the cd anymore, but I used to listen to it frequently.

23. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Alright, Dwayne admitted to listening to Tom Jones..and he's not kidding though not too often. I..am not fond of Tom. However, I truly dig George Clinton and the Parliment Funkadelic and maybe the soundtrack to Nightmare Before Christmas. Otherwise, I'm a blues girl from the get go.

M

24. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, I have the Ween album too. I never listened to the whole thing because it started to bug me, but I like to throw Push the Little Daisies in sometimes to annoy people.

Dwayne

25. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    My music collection is heavy on Elton John, Billy Joel and Prince, but I do also have some Nine Inch Nails, Tool (my favorite song is "Disgustipation"), Siouxie and the Banshees, Enigma, and other stuff. My music tastes are pretty eclectic (like the rest of me). The only music I don't like is opera, rap, most of hip-hop and 99% of country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.