main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada A sad day

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    All the news sites are down. Everyone here in the office is crowded around a small b&w tv trying to get some information. What I can see is just horrific.

Too many people needlessly lost their lives in todays horrible attacks.

Our thoughts are with our friends in America.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Our prayers go to the friends and family of the people who have been lost.

3. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    More news coming through:

Potentially 10-30,000 injured or dead. The World Trade Center destroyed -- watched it collapse live on CBC. CNN website simply contains a single image and the headline "America Under Attack".

Words can not describe how horrific this all is.

4. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I was sitting in english class when our techer told us what was going on. I was horrifid at the actions of theses people. at last count i heard it was now 30,000-50,00 dead. thats horrible, all those lives lost. Its all ove rthe news, the images there showing are horrific. im terrified. I know were far away, but it could happen. my thoughts go out to all those lost, and there family and friends. may god be with you now, and forever.

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I send my very sincere condolences to all americans, and especially to all those who lost loved ones in todays event.

and I hope that events like this will not happen again.

these are the times I wish there would be a Jedi council somewhere in Nato.

6. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Still no word as to whom is responsible. The fear that this is but the beginning still lingers.

Though the numbers are still in the thousands, thankfully the number of casualties are not as high as once feared.

They cleared out downtown Toronto this morning, for fear that the carnage might spread north of the border. The office was dead, save for the tv in the background delivering the day's attrocities.

Every network station is now running the story (heck, even the New VR had a reporter standing out in downtown Barrie delivering the reports).

How do you cope with something like that? Five hundred. A thousand. Five thousand. Getting up in the morning. Schlepping to work like usual. Suddenly having the world shattered out from under you. The terror those people must have gone through.

I've found that the Canadian Blood Services have extended the hours at their donation sites and that the Canadian Red Cross are assisting in sheltering the stranded travellers whose planes were diverted to Halifax, Vancouver, Toronto and other Canadian cities. Visit their sites for more information on how you may help in their efforts
    Canadian Blood Services
    Red Cross

7. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    I couldn't believe it. Today, on the 11th, I sat in class watching and hearing about the attacks. When I saw both towers crash to the ground my stomach dropped. Before when I saw people jumping out of the buildings to their deaths, I had an extreme hatred and my eyes watered up. And then I realized, there was no world trade center, it was gone! I couldn't believe it. And now there's thousands dead. At that moment I wanted to hop on a plane and capp Sama Benladen myself. It's obvious it was him, because he's been planning an attack for months. Why did he have to kill innocent civilians! I'll he is, is a heartless piece of ****. If he wants a war we'll give him a war. And we'll kick his ass and anyone who stands by him. But I hope it never comes to war. Anyway my prayers go out to all those poor people. I'm an American and it felt like I got shot today.

8. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Irregardless of your views on the US military aside, to wish pain, suffering or death upon anyone is just wrong. Ok. It's wrong.

The Pentagon *was* hit and there were a great number of injuries and casualties. There were the sixty some-odd pasengers who were aboard the plane. And while, military in nature, there are still a great many civilians among the 20,000 who work there. But distinctions between civilian and military be damned -- it doesn't matter. They are PEOPLE.

These are husbands and brothers and mothers and daughters and fathers and sisters. They did not deserve to be hurt. They did not deserve to be killed.

9. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    My cousin works at the pentegon in that wing, and his wife. So do her parents, and alot of there friends. As of yet, I have had no word of thier fate. I cqaqn't stop crying. The tradgedy has hit home, and it hurts. My parents dont want me to go to school this morning, but staying home, watching the news.....id rather be there with my friends. Even if that means watching it during english, which he said we will be, and breaking out in tears everytime they show the pentagon, or mention the number of people unaccounted for.

10. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    so do i. but the point i was trying to make went along with what tragiclad had said, how good people do work there, even if they are in the american forces

11. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    AT60 - of all the times to showcase your juvenile arrogance, which I usually forgive you for, seeing as you're still just a kid, this is not the time. If you want to make insensitive comments about the dead, perhaps you should head to Jerusalem and dance in streets with the extremists. I hear they've got candy.

Cris~

12. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I've been trying to get in contact with a childhood friend that moved to NY City. From my understanding, he lived very close to The Twin Towers.

13. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    good luck, i hope hes ok

14. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    This is an idea, past on to me from TheRealShmii who got it from the radio.

New York's area code is 212. Call someone there. Random number. Doesn't matter who. Anyone. Let them know that you care and that they're in your thoughts.

For those of you who can spare a dime, Amazon has set up a collection for donations as has PayPal.

15. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    I like that idea, and if I wasn't losing my voice, I shurly would do it. the rest I can handle though

16. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Launch my heart goes out to you. The pictures of the dying have disturbed me all day.

Admiral Thrawn...Your comments are beyond insensitive. They are ignorant and offensive. The US is not our enemy. They are our neighbours and trading partners. For all the countries you could have chosen to make your enemy, you have chosen unwisely.

This was an unprovoked attack. I don't care if they worked at the Pentagon. No one deserved this.

17. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    Thank you for the sympathy, but AT_60 is a good guy at heart, he chose he words unwisly though

18. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    thank you AT_60, but im not that great a person, i have my faults, more then you im sure

19. Darth_Nemesis

Aug 6, 2001
    I can't believe you Thrawn, thousands of people die and I'll you can think about is "good the American government is dying, mayby we can become more powerful than America now" Bullcrap, does it really matter whose richer and more powerful. America has done nothing to Canada if you come right down to it, and were pretty much your friends. Military or not they had no right to attack us. It's stuff like you say Thrawn that makes people like me say things like "Nuke .... you know what" This is not about different political views, it's about the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

20. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Enough!

I started this thread as a way of expressing my horror and grief at the unspeakable tragedy that befell our friends in the States. Not as a way for callous opinions and petty net politics to be bandied about.

The United States are our friends. They are our allies. Yesterday they suffered a great loss. If you are not here to grieve, if you are not here to find solace or comfort from the support of others - then simply save it.

Enough is enough.

I don't have the power to ban. I don't have the power to lock the thread down. All I can do is ask that if you have nothing nice to say, that you keep your mouth shut.

21. Darth_Nemesis

Aug 6, 2001
    Ah, no sense talking to you people, I guess were all going to be for our own countries, I've tryed to talk some sense into some of you. Screw it. Peace out.

22. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    TragicLad is right!! we shouldn't be fighting over whos right or wrong, we should be grieving for americas losses. As I do not agree with what AT said, I do not scorn him. He is my friend, and that he shall stay, but what really needs to be said now is god bless canada for being peaceful, and god bless america in there time of need

23. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    if you check out http://www.youngjediniagara.com I've added a little message to show how much we care.

24. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Very nice Boba.

I would also like to point out that the Amazon.com donation site is now up to $3.7 million in donations from individuals. This is just one of many sites collecting donations though.

I've found that you can also donate through Yahoo!

A dollar or two. Doesn't seem like a lot but a little bit from a million some odd people adds up to quite a lot.

25. Darth_Nemesis

Aug 6, 2001
    Now it's time to nuke all of asia. Binladins in there somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.