main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Sanctuary and Qui Gon?s Prophecy {Intra - TPM: Scene 13}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthTutor, May 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTutor

DarthTutor Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2001
    Scene 12 can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2638990&replies=4
    Scene 13: A Sanctuary and Qui Gon?s Prophecy

Qui Gon stood up from the grass and emptied his cup of water. He didn?t know what to think, but he wasn?t getting anywhere so he might just as well stop and go and see his Padawan. After a five minutes walk he reached Obi Wan who was already waiting. ?What is all this Master?? Obi Wan said pointing at the food rations that had been brought on Qui Gon?s command. Qui Gon looked at the bags for a moment, then looked at Obi Wan and said, ?My young friend, we are going to have to talk.?

Outside of Amidala?s rebel camp the two Jedi sat in the sun, arguing, explaining and in a sense fighting for one another.
    ?But Master, why can?t you see the Council?s point. The boy is dangerous?. Qui Gon looked at his Apprentice.
    ?Obi Wan, we have had this discussion about Anakin now at least two times. The boy is not dangerous, and his future is undecided. But today I have seen what his future will be if we do not train him properly. You must feel that the force is strong within him?? Obi Wan shook his head.
    ?Of course I also sense how strong the force in him is. It makes him dangerous enough already as he is. If we add training in the Jedi Arts he will grow even stronger. Then what? How can we be sure he will stay away from the Dark side?? Qui Gon smiled sadly.
    ?Do we know that you will, my young friend? Do you know that I will? I was closer to the Dark side then you or Yoda may ever want to be, in fact closer than you or anyone in the Council may ever want to know.? Obi Wan looked surprised at his Master.
    ?Master Qui Gon, this I do not understand, Please explain this to me?? Qui Gon took a deep breath.

?Obi Wan, what I will tell you know are thoughts, ideas that Yoda or Mace Windu will almost certainly not share with me. I think they wouldn?t even want me discus this with you. But you are a promising Padawan, and if there is anything that I want to add to your training so far, it is this. It may be the last thing that I learn you.? Obi Wan was waiting tensely clearly Qui Gon was about to say something very important.

?Obi Wan, in the thousand generations of the Jedi faith we have never found a true answer to the problem of the Sith. The answer, according to the Council always seemed to be just this one; Annihilation. For the past Millenium we have lived in relative peace, for the Sith were believed to be extinct. This made the Council more and more firm about this policy. Any remnant of the Sith religion they could lay there hands on was destroyed, every Jedi that was suspected of having knowledge about the Sith was banished from the Order, or worse. All the time the council has believed this was the right approach.?

Obi Wan interrupted. What Qui Gon was saying worried him. Not the content but what he thought it was leading to. ?But Master, are you saying the Council has been wrong??
    Qui Gon smiled for he recognised the uncertainty in Obi Wan?s heart.

?Listen, my Padawan, maybe the Council was wrong, maybe it wasn?t. It was not what I wanted to say. The Council has closed its eyes for two things. Deliberately, as they knew not how to handle them. First, and most important, the Council has been reshuffling the focus of the Order towards the Unifying Force. It has become a cool and rational believe. Almost, I say almost, a tool in the hands of skilled workers. But inspiration, passion, they have been lost. All the Council, all Yoda can think of are the dangers of Anger. But I have sensed Anger, my Padawan. I have sensed Anger in the first degree. But restraint is worthless without temptation! A Jedi must face the situations that make him or her feel Anger, a Jedi must learn how to deal with it. Jedi?s must be trained in feeling the Living Force. For it is that which binds us to all living creatures, human or alien, alive or dead, Jedi or? Sith.?

Obi Wan shook his head. ?I am sorry Master, I believe I still do not understand what yo

2. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Anakin also saw Qui Gon walk away with all the goodies in his hands. ?I wonder what he?s doing?? Anakin said to himself. And so he decided to follow him in some distance. It took Qui Gon about 15 minutes to reach his goal. All that time Anakin was considering whether or not he would yell out to Qui Gon and ask if it was okay that he came along. But just as he had decided to do so he saw that Qui Gon was meeting someone in the Woods. Quickly he went out of sight and tried to get as close as possible. After a few seconds he was close enough so that he could hear their voices. They were talking.

?These supplies should last for a few Days, Netraam. I don?t have much time, they will be expecting me back. But we do need to talk.? The other man was making a noise as if he was eating. Anakin changed his position a little so that he could see the two. The man Qui Gon was talking to looked starved. ?You cannot come to the Camp for the time being.? Qui Gon said. Netraam looked up. ?I had no intention to? he said, and continued ?I have decided that when the Battle comes, I will be among the Gungan force?. Qui Gon looked at him in surprise ?what Battle??. Netraam smiled ?You don?t fool me Master! You know, you have sensed it at least as much as I have.? Qui Gon couldn?t prevent a smile.

?Why was this man calling Qui Gon Master, as if he was his Padawan?? Anakin asked himself. He thought Qui Gon became more of a mystery every day he was with him. He could feel that he was a good Jedi Master, but he and Obi Wan had seemed strangely distant in the past coupe of days. And this?a completely unknown person in the woods calling him Master. He stopped his own considerations and listened again. Qui Gon watched while and then said ?Do you ever wonder what would have happened when I would have trained you?? Netraam instantly stopped eating. ?No.? Netraam said. ?Have you forgotten, I am a Sith?. Qui Gom barely managed not to smile. The reply made him exceedingly happy. It made Anakin evermore confused ?A Sith? he whispered to himself, ?but they were supposed to be dangerous?. He thought about it for a few seconds and then concluded he would learn more by watching.

?I am glad you say so Netraam, then it is as I have foreseen? Netraam looked up at Qui Gon who was now very much concentrated. ?How do you mean? he asked. Qui Gon looked at him for a few moments and then continued.
    ?No one knows of our meeting here {now Anakin started feeling bad} and it is important that it stays that way! But I want you to know that I would like us to see each other regularly. Why did you leave the Sith?? Netraam stood up ?I have not left the Sith, I just stayed loyal to the Living Force that I feel my Master has lost out of sight?. Qui Gon was struck by what Netraam was saying, these could have been his own words about?Yoda.
    ?Netraam, there is something coming up. I do not sense exactly what. But we should remain aware of the Living Force. It is what binds us, even you a Sith and me a Jedi.? Netraam looked at Qui Gon ? We do need to talk Master Qui Gon. But when, there is a battle at hand.?
    ?That will take a few more days, Netraam. By the way what was your Sith name, if I may ask.? Netraam smiled, briefly, but then his face regained its neutral appearance. ?My Sith name was Darth Tutor, and it still is.? Qui Gon came a step closer ?What makes you so certain you are a Sith, how come you cannot be a Jedi?? Netraam looked away ?I could never submit my self to a Council of old farting men.? ?But you can submit yourself to a single devious man, your Sith Lord? Or was is it a woman?? Netraam smiled ? Clever, but transparent Master Qui Gon. I will not reveal to you who my Sith Lord was. He still has not fully lost my loyalty, I cannot separate from him so easily. And even if I could, that does not mean I could betray him and block his plans. If I at all knew his plans.? Qui Gon shook his head ?That doesn?t make sense Netraam. Why would you join the Gungans in a fight against your Masters allies, but not fight the evil that has probably sent them here in the fir

3. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  4. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Okay, finally found it buried amongst the many other fanfics. Very good, I like your writing style Tutor. Perhaps you and me should team up and do a co-authored fic someday. :D

5. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Whoa, that was good. I like the old fart reference! And the Fear, Anger, Suffering speech crack. It provided some humor to a thought provoking story about the meaning to have light and dark coexsist. Well put.

6. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Thanks Jade-Angel and Caspar.
    Another post will be coming up later today.
    Cheers.

7. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  8. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    last uppie before SCene 14 will be posted.

9. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.