main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Walk Too Close To The Edge (Post ROTJ H/L)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Solo_Skywalker, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Here is the next part, hope you enjoy it! :D

Luke hit the ground with a hard thud, the pain shooting through his leg. He looked to his side. ?Damn? he thought as he saw his lightsaber resting too far out of his reach. That didn?t matter now though. Luke heard Tenress gloat at his predicament then he saw a red lightsaber shooting down towards him.

He threw himself sideways, but wasn?t quick enough. Tenress? lightsaber sliced neatly into the top of his shoulder. The pain was almost unbearable and Luke wasn?t sure if he had screamed or not. He quickly tried to will the pain away with the Force but it lingered, dully throbbing. Luke groaned defeatedly, he was sweating now and could feel Tenress watching him from behind. He closed his eyes, he hadn?t felt this weak since Bespin, but that just was another painful memory, it couldn?t help him now.

Suddenly he felt a familiar presence in the Force ?Mara? Luke felt enveloped in her presence, he felt safe, then another comforting presence entered his mind ?Leia? Luke thought. At that same moment Luke also realized the danger they were walking into ?No Leia! Go, get out of here? he sent frantically to his sister, he felt her defiant answer and knew he couldn?t persuade her to leave.

Tenress was standing above him now ?I tire of your presence in this galaxy, Skywalker. A galaxy that should be mine!? Tenress radiated anger as he once again raised his lightsaber, Luke squeezed his eyes shut ?Leia?? He thought.

Leia and Mara ran at top speed through the dark corridors to the place Leia had last seen Luke. ?Almost there, just hang on Luke??

Leia thought, then she felt him call her name, a desperate final goodbye, ?No!? she cried and ran around the corner followed closely by a baffled Mara.

Tenress stood above Luke and was about to swing his lightsaber down to kill her brother.

?Leave him alone!? she heard Mara call to the Sith Lord. Tenress was clearly startled and stepped away from Luke. Mara ran to Tenress igniting Luke?s old lightsaber as she went, Tenress stepped forward to meet her challenge. Mara swung her lightsaber at the same time as Tenress; a brilliant burst of light filled the room and Leia was forced to blink several times before running to Luke?s aid.

Slowly Leia helped Luke sit up ?H-help Mara? he whispered huskily.

Leia looked over to see Mara swinging her saber viciously at Tenress, but he still had the upper hand and was driving her back towards the wall, cornering her. Suddenly Tenress deactivated his lightsaber and stepped away from Mara

?Enough of this? He said to Mara ?You have been tested and will indeed make a fine apprentice? Mara looked fit to explode

?What?!? She bellowed, her voice echoed throughout the darkened room.

Tenress chuckled and reached inside his cloak for something ?You will come with me? He commanded Mara.

She looked ready fire an angry retort, but instead she calmed completely and said ?Yes, I will join you, Lord Tenress?.

Luke couldn?t believe what he was hearing, he glanced at Leia to find an equal amount of shock on her face as well.

?Mara what are you doing?? Leia called, alarmed.

Tenress turned around to face Leia ?She was not the only Emperor?s Hand? He said coldly before addressing Mara.

?Kill them? He said.

Luke gasped as Mara raised her lightsaber and came steadily closer to where he and Leia sat. Suddenly Leia was on her feet and dragging Luke upwards, pain lanced up and down Luke?s body as Leia hauled him towards the exit. Luke wished the feelings away using the Force and sent Leia what little strength he had left.

Together they limped backwards through the corridors, Mara was still following them slowly taking in their every move. It was just as they escaped the gloom of the building and exited out onto the landing platform that Mara made her move, she charged at them but Leia was quicker and stunned her using the blaster attached to her leg.

Mara fell to her knees, ?I ho

2. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Good post! I'll be back in a week! :D

3. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Ahh, I feel horrible for not checking up on this story!

Anyway, I wanted to tell you I'm still here and still enjoying the story! I liked when Han told Leia she'd make a great nurse, it was very cute. :)

Keep up the great work, Solo_Skywalker!

4. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thanks again Crystal! See you in a week! :D

Thanks for the compliments Puggy! Glad you're still out there!!! ;)

Unfortunately its gonna be a while till I get the next post up as I'm going away soon and won't be back till April 25th! So I'm relying on you guys to keep this thread up, if it falls too far behind! See you soon!!! :D

5. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm back! :D 8-} :D

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    chewie and the falcon are there and so is Mara. . . . :( go get mara!! ;)

7. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    I'm back!!! :D

Welcome back crystalrain! :)

maramijade: go get Mara
    Who knows maybe I'll keep her there, then she can keep Chewie and the Falcon company... he he he! :D

Hopefully the next post will be up soon! :)

8. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Just discovered this story. Looks good! Can't wait to see what happens next! I wasn't expecting the whole Mara thing! weird! more soon please! Great job!

9. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope Mara can break out of Tenress' evil spell. Or, is she really evil? Good story so far. Keep up the good writing!!!

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
  11. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Sorry everyone! I can't believe its been over a month since my last post. :(
    Unfortunately I've been very busy, my aunt died and work seems to keep growing and growing. Still, hopefully I will get the next post up as soon as possible!

A-Windsor: Hi, glad you're enjoying this story, more soon! :D

Solo_Fan I hope Mara can break out of Tenress' evil spell. Or, is she really evil?
    Well, thats the thing... even I don't know whether she's faking it or really is evil, she won't tell me and I don't want to make her angry! ;)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

12. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Sorry about your Aunt. I really like your story, since Han is my fav. :) Keep on writing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.