main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Where did the heart go? I thought she had to rip that out because that's what animated him.

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I agree with you, Kate. I wasn't as excited with this episode as I have been with others, but it was still enjoyable and I liked that we got to see more of Regina's origins.

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Who's heart? Daniel's? She immobilized him and crushed it - just like she couldn't do to the unicorn in the flashback.

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I finally get to see my unicorn and :(

5. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    In case you hadn't already heard, here's the Whale-Frankenstein connection: 1931'sFrankenstein and 1935's The Bride of Frankenstein were both directed by James Whale.

From this recap.

Darth_Invidious and s65horsey like this.
  6. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Thank you for that, Jen! I was trying to figure out where they got the name!

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't see her take his heart out, missed it, blinked, something. She just immobilized him and waved her hand I thought.

8. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    No problem! I thought that was a really interesting bit of trivia!

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah I didn't see her take his heart at all. I just saw her put up her force field and then his turn to dust.

As for the Whale connection, Oooooh... but that's dumb and has nothing to do with the character!

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah but it's a fun thing for them to do. I googled the name of Emma's partner in next week's episode- that's a cool one too. I like that the writer's are weaving in pop culture stuff.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    She didn't do anything to his heart

12. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    So now that SW is a part of the Disney universe, will it be incorporated into the show?

13. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Eh, I dunno, they mentioned Tron possibly being able to be worked in but I think they'd have to be pretty subtle about it to make it work.

14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    OUAT is owned by disney? I didn't know that.

15. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, it's on ABC - which is owned by Disney.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    If you wish upon a Death Star...

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I'd get a kick out of a SW Easter egg--like an Ewok in the background of a Fairytale land forest scene--but putting in an established character would be like using Jack Sparrow: they'd have to get the original actor and they'd have to have a very good way to integrate it into the show. I'd rather see something from Willow, if we're talking Lucasfilm movies.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    That explains a lot, I was wondering about some of the disney movie references.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    No yeah there are intense Disney references left and right, which they really could only get away with if they were owned by Disney

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Captain Hook reminds me of Cougar from Top Gun

21. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, well, well.....

So we get confirmation that Neal is Henry's dad, and also not Bael. Also of just what machinations August started cooking up to get Emma to Storybrook. We already knew about the book, and him leading Henry to Emma. But I strongly suspect down the line we'll now find out that he had a part in getting Henry to Regina also. But what was in the box?

And what is the significance of the red room, and both Henry and Aurora being in there?

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm not convinced Neal is Henry's dad. It showed her in Phoenix, Arizona eleven months afterwards, which was the length of her sentence, and she was just finding out that she was pregnant, with the pregnancy test in her hands. If Neal was the father, she would have been overdue...and not showing?

I don't like the guy who plays Neal. He's creeped me out ever since he was in True Blood.

23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It says "11 years ago" on the copy I have, which makes sense with Henry's age. The only issue is the meeting between Neal and August happens "2 months later" which would be a little late to first notice a pregnancy (although not impossible), especially when you add in it would be a couple more weeks before the key would arrive.

24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I know, every time he talks, I expect him to have a Cajun accent.

What was in the box!? That's going to be an interesting development when we get to see that - I hope we do. Yeah, the red room got me wondering as well.

Jen, August said, 'she got 11 months' - not that she'd been there for 11 months. So, it's feasible that Neal is still Henry's dad.

Dingo - 2 months isn't that late, really. Some women aren't sick (me) and have weird periods so it's not out of the realm of possibility that it took that long to get confirmation. She could have just suspected and then took the test later.

Also, I don't see Emma as the type to sleep with another guy so soon after Neal hurt her. She's completely guarded with Hook so unless something horrible happened, I'm sticking with Neal as the father.

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Ahh okay. 11 years makes a lot more sense, but hearing 11 months as her sentence then seeing 11 on the screen just got me confused. :p

But yeah, I don't like Neal as the father because I don't like the actor. :p