main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Active Members?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Well, there's always hope! Maybe we will be the catalyst to change for our IMAX! It's a worthy goal to set, anyway--especially if LucasFilm gets involved and throws a little weight in our corner.

2. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    well looks lke im going to miss another meeting.:( i have to work all night on thursday. im heading down to the hothlanta meeting on saturday so i get any info that Mandy(Minicia) had to offer and post it here... :(

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I got a reply from Minacia this morning. Just letting everyone know what she said. Here's what she sent me:

Okay, I have gotten the announcement up. Once you have three meetings, with at least three people from separate households in attedance at each of those meetings, your group will be officially official.

The third meeting is when most groups have a vote on who will be their chapter rep and what their group name will be. (For example, my chapter is the Hothlanta Rebels, and Nashville is known as Nashville After Darth).

Chapter Reps must be at least 18 years of age and must be on the boards often enough to check in on their city forum.

So let's plan our meetings ASAP! We want to be officially offical :D Instead of only semi-official lol.

Edit -- By the way if anybody has a camera please bring it! It'd be neat to have a group photo of our first meeting :) I have a scanner but my camera doesn't have a flash.

Edit2 - I just checked her post up there and it looks neat! I'm so excited that this is really coming together! [face_dancing]

4. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Official sounds good to me!
    I'll try to bring a camera.

This is a long time in the making. "This will be a day long remembered."

It would take an act of Lucasfilm or Congress to get our IMAX to show RoTS. I along with other fans begged them to show Clones, but their response was "We only show EDUCATIONAL films." My buddy Matt and I traveled to Nashville to see the IMAX, but the projector was broke that day. :( I eventually got to see it somewhere else.

5. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Way cool. I also just saw the "official announcement" of our first meeting. Go team!

I have a digital camera I'll bring along. This is for when we're all 80 years old and we can look back at the "good ole' days".

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I'll bring a notebook -- or somebody who has good handwriting can -- so that we can make ideas for our next meeting :) What all should we discuss after we're done with mini-golf? Should we plan an agenda? lol

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    OK guys, I went by MediaPlay tonight and they are hosting a Star Wars Trilogy Release Party, Monday, Sept. 20th from 8pm to midnight!!!!! There will be refreshments & "activities"--whatever that means, and they are also hosting a CCG tourney ($5 entry fee, and 1st place wins a trilogy box set). Can we hear opportunity knocking???
    mwahahahahahah!
    I'm going to talk with the manager (who is a fan, btw) and see if he'll let us set up a little table and we can hand out flyers about our effort to get an official group going, and recruit people to be part of our FanForce chapter (up and coming chapter)!
    How's that sound? How can come? I don't expect you guys to stay all night, but maybe from 8 till 9 or 10?? What do you say? If we get enough of you to agree to it, and announce it in time, it could also count as our 2nd meeting!
    Soooo.....who's in? Let me know what you think....

8. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    That really sounds like a great opportunity. I'll try to be there for a little while. It depends on my job situation as to how long I can stay :p But I'll be there for at least an hour :D

Should we wear costumes? If you have one wear it so we stand out more :D I have one .. and I've been itching for a place to wear it besides halloween ;)

9. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    How's that sound? How can come? I don't expect you guys to stay all night, but maybe from 8 till 9 or 10?? What do you say? If we get enough of you to agree to it, and announce it in time, it could also count as our 2nd meeting!

I'll try to make it. Not sure of the time yet. It would be great if that's our second meeting.

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003

Edit -- Oops silly me I didn't realize I'd already posted on that! *blush*

11. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting here. It's great that you all are starting a chapter here! Definitely count me in. I plan to be there on Thursday, I'm a friend of Southernjedi and we somewhat tried to get a FanForce started around here a couple of years ago, so this is exciting.

I also should be there on Monday at Media Play at least for a while. I went to DragonCon last weekend and met a couple of the 501st and Rebel Legion folks.

Also, I think I read where some of you guys would like to start a Star Wars RPG. I've always wanted to play an RPG, so I would love to do that if there are others interested.

12. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well... sounds like our little group is growing! Excellent. I should be able to go to Media Play for a while on Monday as well. I used to have some of the CCG cards, but I never played so I'm out for the tournament. As far as the RPG stuff goes, I'd love to give it a shot. I don't have any of the books, but maybe if there's enough interest, we can look into it more. Maybe eBay has some used ones. I have the miniatures game (and a decent amount of boosters) that might help to get us started. Oh... at out first "unofficial" meeting, I picked up "Invasion of Theed" which is an intorduction to the RPG. Kinda like a bare bones rules plus an adventure. I looked it over a long time ago and thought it looked easy enough. We'll see.

The other games I have are: Epic Duels, SW Electronic Battleship, SW Life, SW Monopoly, SW Trivial Pursuit, Jedi Unleashed, and SW Interactive Video Board Game (you use a VHS tape while you play). So, lots of stuff when we start meeting at a place we can use this stuff at.

Oh, depending on what happens with Ivan, it looks like we may get rained out on the mini golf thing. Bowling was the optional thing. We'll still meet at Sir Gooney's and go from there. We might also want to go ahead and plan that second meeting at Media Play since it looks like we'll have enough. Should we get some flyers together to give out that day? Like southerjedi said, it may not get us any new members, but I can't think of a better opportunity to reach like-minded people.

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    OH yeah I'd forgotten that Ivan was supposed to be hitting landfall this week. Yeah let's go ahead and plan to meet at Sir Gooney's and go to the bowling alley instead if it rains.

Yes I think flyers are an excellent idea. I am really excited that we're getting more members already! I look forward to meeting ya'll on Thursday :)

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Great! Sounds like we have 2 meetings planned, then.
    Layren--if you haven't already, can you let Minancia know about the 09/20 (Monday) thing at MediaPlay? That way it counts, b/c it looks like we are going to have enough people show, all we need is the announcement.

I think Layren and I can work together on flyers--any suggestions though?

I wasn't so sure about the bowling thing myself. Couldn't we just go out to eat (cheaply) instead? Especially if my kid has to come along, bowling allies are notorious for smoke (she's got asthma guys), so we can't really take her in there. There are lots of places close to Sir Gooneys for selections on food, if you guys are OK with doing something like that. ANKAR'S is right across the Big Lot's parking lot and the food is tremendous! Anyway, just a suggestion.

ObiVolKenobi--WELCOME! It's nice to have you involved. Sorry your efforts didn't work before, but hopefully it will now.

BTW--Happy BELATED Birthday to Vesper. Stinker went and grew another year older right under our noses on Sept 3rd! Hope you had a fun day and have a great next year!

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Happy..uh, huh? Oh... I need to take that out of my bio. (blush) Thanks! My wife surprised me with a cruise on the Southern Belle (never did that before). She kept her secret pretty well up until we pulled up to it.

Oh, and of course we wouldn't want to put anyone in an atmosphere that might present a problem. I'm ok with going somewhere else, Never been to Ankar's, but I know where it is.

16. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Obi!!!!!! Welcome back to the boards!

Ankar's sounds good to me as an alternative in case of rain Thursday. I think a sit down and talk and eat would be productive for getting to know one another better. If it rains, we can meet at the Goony's lot and head over to Ankars. That's just my two cents worth though.

For Media Play meeting, we ought to decide what time we're going to be there---the whole time, at the beginning only, or midnight for the release itself (may not work since it's a work night and customers are gonna be going nuts to grab the movies). I would recommend holding it 8-9 or 8-10. And is there a deadline for reporting it to Minacia as a meeting?

Is anyone planning on making flyers? If not I can. Just give me an idea what you'd like to see on them and who the contact is.

17. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    SarkaVrae - Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully this will work and be a lot of fun for everybody.

Maybe eating somewhere (of course cheaply) and talking would be best for a getting-to-know-you meeting. But I'm definitely cool with doing whatever everyone else wants to do. I guess we'll keep and eye on the weather.

Did anyone see the shortened version of Ken Burns' 'Empire of Dreams' documentary on A&E Sunday night? I saw a part of it when I came home from work and it was really interesting. Seeing the screen tests with Kurt Russell as Han Solo and the 'Greatest American Hero' guy as Luke was wild.

My favorite quote from the original screenplay as said by Luke: "Fear is their greatest defense. Besides, the actual security probably isn't as great as it is on Aquilae or Sullust and that's probably geared toward a large-scale assault." Priceless!

18. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Actually, Vesper, you are listed on the SouthEast FF board's B'day list (so are most of us). :)

I think Southern's idea of setting a time for MediaPlay is good. I say 8 to 10. I know I can commit to that much, and if I'm having a great time, I may stay a little longer (in an unofficial capacity, of course). [face_laugh] It would be great if you want to help with flyers, Southern.
    What do you guys think about having something for people to sign up on? We could get their names, emails, screen names, and FF login names (if they have them)--or invite them to join us here online. Who wants to type that up and bring it? :)

I'm totally pumped about Thursday guys! Can't wait!

19. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Pardon me for sounding clueless :p But since I just moved here what is Aknar's :p Obviously it's a restaurant but what kind :p

Sheesh you go away from the computer for a day and the boards pick up like crazy! It's great to see everybody posting! sure I'll go ahead and let Minacia know about our second meeting but she probably won't post it until after the first one so people won't be confused. Just my two cents worth :) I went ahead and PM'ed Minacia the information just to let you guys know.

Welcome back Obi!!

20. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I'll be happy to do a sign-up sheet for MediaPlay. I'll also do a flyer.

Three days to go!

21. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Obi,
    Yeah, I saw a little of it. I missed Luke's screenplay, but was fascinated by Lucas essentially being run out of the directors guild for daring to put the credits at the end of the movie.

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Just two days, guys! I can't wait. I hope yall are as excited as I am about this!
    Did everyone decide to wear a SW Tshirt? Where should we meet? Outside the front door, inside somewhere, etc? any suggestions?

23. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    The day is almost here. It's pretty exciting guys!

Just so I have everything clear, where exactly are we meeting and what time? (I came in on the posting a bit late).

I, unbelievably, don't have a SW t-shirt, but I would wear one if I did. I guess it would help us identify each other. Maybe at some point we could make our own t-shirts if things keep progressing.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and putting faces with screen names. MTFBWY!

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Tomorrow is the day! To quote Anakin... "Yipee!".

I think tomorrow night is when all the rain will hit, so we might need to plan on meeting up inside. There's actually a nice Star Wars Pod Racer game in there we can maybe initially meet by. I've got a few SW shirts, so I'll pick something out.

See ya at 7:00!

25. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I made up a membership roster for Thursday. Once it's filled out I can copy it and hand it out to everyone at the next meeting. Also did a sign up sheet for MediaPlay.

Maybe tomorrow we can brainstorm on flyers and so forth. I like Obi's idea on t-shirts. :cool:

Tomorrow's the day!!!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.