main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Admit it! You collect other toy lines. (Non-SW toy discussions)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    I went to Wal-Mart today to try and spend some of my Christmas money and guess what I found: Two-Face action figures! Not the movie masters, but the basic one. He's actually very accurate for that particular range. I also saw a Big Ben figure from McFarlane's Sportspicks (I started collecting NFL stuff recently), but I had to pass them both up because I had only budgeted money for the new CGI Resident Evil movie.

2. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    As of Monday the 29th our WalMart had them marked down to 5 something. 5.44? They had sold down pretty well but a few of wave 2 left. Like Sean Connery and River Phoenix.

I'm surprised how many Star Wars and Indy figures disappeared the week of Christmas. Star Wars especially is way sold down around here. At first I thought they were recalled but then I realized SixBreasted-Woman would have gone with them. Must be a lot of last minute shoppers decided star Wars was a good gift. And some Indy too.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Very cool. I'll have to keep a look out for him.

Yeah the mark-downs and closeouts aren't across the chain I guess. It's not even consistent locally. I've seen stuff on clearance at one store and then full price at another. It was a couple of days ago now, but they had sold down the basic figures here too, but the deluxe weren't really moving yet. Probably going to have to come down to $5.00.

The same thing happened here. The Star Wars section had been picked clean with only a couple of the Clone Wars style figures left and some straggling Saga 2 style figures that had been buried behind the new stuff.

4. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    I now have six more Stargate action figures, two on Christmas and four after. Black-Ops Jack O'Neill, Field-Ops Teyla, Field-Ops John Shepard, Serpent Guard, "Unending" Teal'c, and Ori Prior Daniel Jackson. I've been wanting that Serpent Guard for a while![face_dancing]

Yay, local collectibles shops!:D

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    lately I have been helping with my sons transformer collection. I am still waiting for the last 3 G.I.Joe DVd sets to hit here as well. oh and my daughters littlest pet shop collection. we sort of have alittle collection war going on lol. buy something here and there to make it grow.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I picked up Torch today [Dreadnock]. He was the only figure left from the latest wave [14?].

I really want to find the "Resolute" figures.

7. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Just to confirm all the Dark Knight Movie Masters talk, the following figures were confirmed, some with pictures, over at www.action-figure.com:

Two-Face
    Harvey Dent (Variant?)
    Joker as Thug
    Prison Interrogation Joker
    "Proto" Batman
    New Joker Thug

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks for the link :D. Sounds promising. Two-Face looks like he's going to be a great figure. I really like this line. Glad to see it continuing and I hope it expands.

9. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The resolute figures do look pretty cool. I cam't wait to see what they come out with this year. It brings back great childhood memories.

10. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    what are the chances of getting wave1 figures now? everywhere seems to be sold out

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hey Louis :D. Are you talking about the Movie Masters or G.I. Joe [or another line]?

The Movie Masters came and went pretty fast. At first they were really hard to find and the Joker went for close to a hundred dollars on eBay if I remember right. But then more shipped and prices fell and I saw both The Joker and Batman at various places. Right now they're pretty much wiped out around here so your best bet is probably eBay or wait and see if they ship some with Wave 2.

As far as G.I. Joe, they have been shipping many of the figures from earlier waves, on non silver foil 25th anniversary cards that repalce the 25th anny logo with "As seen on TV" so you should be able to find many of the earlier figures but even now they sell fast.

I came across a picture of some of the figures from Playmates upcoming Terminator: Salvation line. This blog is kind of hard on them but I think they look pretty good.

Terminator Salvation figures

12. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Sorry I should of quoted or at least given some indication as to what I was referring to, could of been anything! [face_blush] I was referring to The Dark Knight however. Thanks for your reply though Juke looks like I'm going to struggle getting any of the 1st wave

13. MoffAvinoff

MoffAvinoff Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    I do have a small collection of video game figures, currently I have three Gears of War figures and two Halo 3 figures.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's okay :D. Maybe they'll mix in some Wave one along with the second Wave.

Cool. I saw a Halo figure @ Wal-Mart last week [It was powder blue; female I think, or a North Carolina fan :p]. Welcome to the forums BTW.

----

I just recently got into Ben 10 and Ben 10: Alien Force so I've been picking up some figures here and there and tonight I got Echo Echo & Swampfire. The figures aren't the sort of intricately detailed, highly articulated ones aimed at collector's, this is more of a kids line. But it's simple, fun and colorful.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I picked up the Movie Master 'Batman begins' Batman last night. It was the only one they had and it was even out of place [over with the clearance stuff]. No sign of the Scarecrow.

16. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    The movie masters Target exclusive Batpod was on the shelves at my local target today. It looked rad, but I've got $8 to get me through the next 24 hours until payday. You guys should check for it if you're interested.

17. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I've been meaning to pick up that Batpod. I didn't think it was worth the original $20 price tag, but now that's its been clearanced it's a better value. I need to get one before they're all gone.

Anyone seen the 25th anniversary TMNT figures? I haven't yet, but I don't think I'll be getting any. I'm disappointed they're just rehashes of the old figures instead of new sculpts.

18. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    The TMNT figures were out at another one of my local Targets. It was like a stroll down memory lane when I saw them, but I passed them up. One cool thing though is that they come with a dvd of an episode from the original series.

19. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, they're cool for nostalgia's sake, but the originals are easy to come by, and they're cheap. I was hoping for resculpts along the lines of the 25th GI Joes or Transformers. They made new sculpts for the comic versions of the turtles and they look great. All they had to do was give them different colored bandanas and they'd be good to go. Oh well, the figures for CG film from '07 are good enough for now.

20. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    So ... I always forget that this thread is about collecting other toy lines and not just what new aquisitions we received. Has anyone else been GEEKING OUT about the Ghostbusters figures coming from Mattel? There's some kind of conspiracy going on ... why else would so many AMAZING LINES be coming out IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ECONOMIC SLUMP ...

... I may cry.

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I can't wait for the new 'Ghostbusters' line! And we're also getting a new 'Real Ghostbusters' line as well! I've been waiting 25 years for a proper GB action figure line.

22. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Picked up a few more movie-related figures for my collection - I got Stuntman Mike from 'Grindhouse'/'Death Proof', and Brundlefly from the 1980s 'The Fly' remake with Jeff Goldblum.

23. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Hi everybody! I haven't been online in a while because I've been prepping for my upcoming wedding next week! While I have a moment to breath, I wanted to let everyone know to start checking your Wal-Mart's and Toys R Us's for Marvel Universe figures.
    The street date isn't until this weekend, but I found the whole line at Toys R Us last week. These little guys are INSANE. All marvel fans will fall in love with these.
    Wolverine movie toys popped up at my local Toys R Us also.

24. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Cool, I'll be sure to look for them. And, congrats on the upcoming nuptials. =D=

25. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey, does anyone know where I would be able to get Dragonball Z figures at a reasonable price. It seems everywhere I look on the internet these DBZ figures are listed at absurd prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.