main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Agent of the Empire #7: Hard Targets, part 2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 3, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

Writer:
    John Ostrander
    Penciller: Davidé Fabbri
    Inker: Christian Dalla Vecchia
    Colorist: Wes Dzioba
    Cover Artist: Stéphane Roux

Imperial Agent Jahan Cross doesn’t like his assignment or the politicians he is forced to work with. Yet dealing with all of that is easier than coming to terms with his growing respect for a boy whose father he killed—especially when that boy is supposed to be merely a political pawn of the Empire.

When attackers kidnap the boy, Cross finds himself turning his back on his mission and putting his life on the line for a “pawn.” No job is too dangerous for an Agent of the Empire!

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You know what the best kind of adventure is? The kind with rope-swinging.

Gorefiend and cdgodin like this.
  3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Don't worry if you miss the landing, it's just a matte painting.

4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Preview zup.

"Then, like the rest of the galaxy, you know nothing."

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Did nobody tell Cross that his pants weren't matching? How embarrassing.

6. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    One word people.... Skyfall.... yeah, this ones out now :p Thought I would bump it up for discussion.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Gotta say, I loved the issue and love the arc so far. I love that Serenno is being used and is being fleshed out in ways that make it so much more than simply "Dooku's homeworld". Agent Cross continues to be an awesome character. Ironically, after I grabbed this issue at my LCS, I went and saw Skyfall. :p After that, I will always imagine Cross with a British accent. It fits perfectly. Not to say that Cross is a Bond copy, but there are unmistakable influences there and I think it ties the character together rather nicely.

JohnOstrander1

Keep up the good work, my friend! Top notch as always. Cannot wait to see more. :cool:

--Adm. Nick

Cronal likes this.
  8. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    When I saw the Windrunner, I thought 'Skyfall would be an appropriate word here' :p I particularly liked the Cleansing of Serenno... very brutal and very Vaderish in my view.

9. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    I give this a shot despite my fears of canon going boom.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Great issue. I liked the interactions between Cross and his dad. Vex seems interesting, especially since she seems to live up to her name as a vexing character, particularly for Cross.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Haven't yet seen Skyfall but it'd be great to have a homage to it, Cross is thought dead, turns up in Armand Isard's office and we get:

"Where the hell have you been?"
    "Enjoying death."

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Skyfall's great.

Daddy Cross is an interesting character. Openly prefers the Old Republic. How curious.

The cleansing of Serenno was... strange. A bit unnecessary, although I understand that Lord Vader wanted to be merciful and needed a good reason to spare traitors. They should all be thankful for Imperial kindness.

The child Dooku is very wise to the world. I wonder why he's being kidnapped. It's interesting to see an antagonist for Cross that already knows how he operates.

Also the vaguely steampunk airships are pretty cool.

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Air ships and air ship pirates, how can this not be awesome? :D

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Somehow I managed to miss the first issue of this (did it hit during Sandy? That might explain things). Back to the store I go, Monday...

15. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    The story is shaping up nicely. i wonder when is Vex going to change her hair color.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Got this yesterday. Awesome!!! Although admittedly I'm biased, being a fan of all things steampunk. And you can't go wrong with pirates.

I'm starting to like the little brat. Usually I hate kids in stories, but he's so pragmatically morbid I can't help but pity him.

The whole "cleansing of Serreno" fiasco was interesting. I particularly liked how Borgin was behaving like a carefree chump when he told the story to Cross, but in actuality he appeared devastated by his decision in the flashback. Complex villains FTW.

Zorrixor likes this.
  17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Quite right.

[​IMG]

18. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Gorefiend, Barriss_Coffee and Esg like this.