main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AIM chat

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello all,

I would like to have regular AIM chats with the group to discuss the state of things, bring up new ideas, and to just see how everyone is doing. I know people have commitments on certain nights, so as of right now, I am looking for the first and third Monday or Tuesday nights of the month, at 7 or 8 PM. Please discuss your thoughts on this idea and your availability. I would like to have a night where everyone is available but understand that may not be possible.

Your thoughts?

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    either of those nights is good for me.

3. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Don't we already have a thread for chats?

but yeah, I can do either of those nights/times.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Mondays work better for me. Tuesdays will probably be impossible.

How about a Sunday evening chat on non meet weekends?
    Just a thought, but Monday like I said is the best for me. :)

5. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Both of those times are conceivably good for me once I have a functional computer again...

6. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    *scratches his chin while nodding* this is a good idea, we should have done this sooner

I am available either night.

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Mondays won't work for me. Tuesdays are great.

8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    I think Jeffbacca has come up with a brillant comprise.
    What do you think of holding one meeting on a Monday night and the other on a Tuesday? That way most everyone can make at least one chat a month.

EDIT:Sunday evenings would be tough for me. I could do it if everyone was willing to wait until after 9 PM as I will be at work.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sunday nights after 9pm also work fine for me.

10. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I can do sunday nights.

11. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Can do after 9 on Sunday

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    after 9 on sundays works for me too...provided i'm not doing any laaaaaaaser tag

...i miss no one post per minute :(

13. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Sunday nights at 9 I will be watching Jack and Bobby! ;) I could come after though!!

14. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Okay, after some discussion there seems to be some options here. I will present options and possible drawbacks and I would like a vote so that we can implement this starting in October. Here goes.

Option One: We have a chat the first and third Monday of each month. One person would not be able to attend this night and would miss most chats.

Option Two: We have a chat the first and third Tuesday of each month. One person would not be able to attend this night and would miss most chats.

Option Three: We have a chat the first Monday and third Tuesday of each month or vise versa. One person would not be able to attend one meeting, but would be able to attend the other.

Option Four:We have a chat at 9pm on Sunday nights. One person would not be able to attend and I would be at work and I can't make any promises to be at the chat on time. If stuff happens at work, I have to take care of it. Thus I may be unavailable for periods of time. I'd personally would rather that not be the case.

Option Five:We have a chat earlier on Sundays like 5pm. Drawbacks unknown. New option.

If I have forgotten any viable options please let me know and I will add them.

Please be aware whatever option is chosen, someone may not be able to attend. Because of that, all chats will be posted on the Rhode Squadron website for those who missed the chat to read. They can then PM me any comments they may have so that their voice can be heard even though they could not be at the chat.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sundays at 5pm also work for me. If that isn't good for everyone else, I vote for option three so that we can maximize the representation for the chats.

16. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    my vote is option three as well

17. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    I'm confused about this all, but I'm up for whatever works best. I can't do mondays or wednesdays unless they are after eight, and weekends are iffy because I may be getting a weekend job.

That's about the best input I can give at this time.

18. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002

Although I could do any of those scenarios, I do believe 3 is the best one. So sign me up for option seven! *three sir* Option 3!

19. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I am all about option 3. I tend to travel on Sundays so earlier Sunday will be no good. Three allows most people a chance to chat.

20. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    PM sent Sara.

I also like option three the best. I'm going to leave this open till so that anyone who wants to chime in can. Barring any unforseen changes, it looks like we can have our first chat on Monday Oct 4th at 20:00. The second meeting would be on Tuesday Oct 19th at20:00. Again this isn't set in stone yet. I would still like to hear anyone who hasn't voted or has an opinion. On Monday I'll post the final days.

21. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Ummm *looks at his watch* my clock here only goes up to 12:00! Oh man I'm going to be late for the chats.

22. Darth_Anakin29

Darth_Anakin29 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    Umm, I'll be working both nights so I won't be able to join the chats....*sniff*

23. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    DA, I'm sorry to hear that. We will have the conversations posted on www.rhodesquadron.com. Any thing you would like to add to them can be posted in the Chat! thread, or you can PM me anything you wish. We will try to work in some weekend chats when possible to make sure others like yourself can be included.

Just a reminder to everyone that we will be having a chat tommorow at 8PM. For those who do not know, my AIM user name is beland1138. If you do not get an invite and wish to participate, IM so we can add you in. Hope to see everyone there! :)

24. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, it seems Murphy's law wished to rear its ugly head. I lost internet around 18:30 and just got the internet connection back (Ugh!). Thanks and my appologies to anyone who showed up. We will just have to reschedle.

25. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Don't worry, it was only me and Jeff anyway. Least I think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.