main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout - Columbus Aug 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    With summer fast approaching, I wanted to share some ideas that have been getting kicked around as of late for us to do this summer:

All Ohio Fanforce Cookout:
    After the strong response we got about Celebration II.5, we (the Ohio CRs) have been discussing our idea of having Columbus host the sequel to last year's cookout, This means other chapters such as Dayton, Cincy, and Toledo could come and make this an "All-Ohio" event Since Darth Clerical and Columbus will be hosting,
    EDIT: Darth Clerical just informed me that:August 2nd will be the day

EDIT: Cedar Point trip postponed/cancelled?

While holding "meetings" are necessary, I like getting together for more social occasions; we can still discuss FF buisness (as needed)...and there will be time for metings as well. Just wanted to keep you informed on the idea of a C-bus trip (keep those dates in mind) and possibly going to P together???

2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    You know... it has just dawned on me that we would run out of nice simple decimal point places if there's no official Celebration III in the near future. Maybe we should go with Celebration II.55 just so we have room to grow if needed... ;)

-b-

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    If we are going to Cedar Point, maybe we could invite Toledo too, they are not that far.

I was thinking earlier (just thinking, because I remember how much fun I have had there whenever I would go), is it possible that we could go to COSI in C-bus sometime this summer? I haven't been there in a few years, and the new COSI is a lot of fun.

EDIT: And I was just going to edit to say what B said... He has a point. ;)

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Celebration II.75 ISN'T the official name for this event (so far, there isn't one)...it was just a fun way of describing the sequel to last's years cookout with C-bus.

COSI isn't a bad idea, depending on the schedule for the cookout, where in the Columbus area it is...we could arrange our travel plans to include that.

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
  6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Why don't we treat it like a computer program? Celebration II.5 v.2.0? or Celebration II.5.2?

7. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL But hey, that would work!

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Like I said, C-bus hasn't given any name to this summer's cookout...except to refer to it as "an all-Ohio cookout" The name isn't that important...getting all the Ohio FF chapters together is.

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I am definitely interested in both, but I will have to have a good amount of notice about dates (especially is we decide to do something on a weekeday). My office schedule would need to be adjusted.

I'm glad that we're thinking of going to CP with Detroit! They were fun! :D

EDIT: I just looked at my schedule for wekeends in June and July. I'm working and can't participate the weekend of June 14th or of July 19th.

10. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Both of those things sound fun to me. I don't know about dates yet, since I don't know if I'll have a job or when we're going on vacation and whatnot.

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    All seem fine to me...wouldn't it be fun if we dressed up like freaks...I mean fans in costume at Cedar Point!

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, except have you seen my costume? It's all black! I'd die of heat exhaustion! [face_shocked]

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah and mine will stand out in the sun for miles from its bright white!!!

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Costumes @ Cedar Point...bad idea (I think JKOC T-shirts would do the trick)

15. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That's if the T-shirts are ready by then!

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cedar Point 2003 discussion

Darth-Zod has found the original discussion of a summer 2003 trip to CP. Let's move the discussion of that event here

I'm still waiting to hear from Darth Clerical about Columbus' date for the all-Ohio cookout. Once that's set...we can start working out arrangments to get down to C-bus (start practicing your lightsaber fighting...we've got a title to defend!!!)

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I just recieved news from Columbus about this year's Celebration II.5...

Saturday, August 2nd...mark your calenders, because Columbus is hosting the biggest gathering of Fanforce chapters (Dayton, Cincinatti, Toledo, Cleveland, and Columbus) in Ohio...along with our friends from Pittsburgh, and Detroit. There has even been talk of Indy Knights making an appearance.

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    How many Jorg Sacul figures am I allowed to get at this thing if it's gonna be this massive? 8-}

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    How many Jorg Sacul figures am I allowed to get at this thing
    None, but I hear that the "exclusive" DonC action figure will be in high demand. ;)

Columbus cookout - August 2nd:
    Krash

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Now THIS sounds like a heckuva lotta fun. I'm in. However, "clouded this boy's future is", therefore if anything comes up (which it has a tendency to do) I might not be able to go. But as for now, I'm taking the day off from work. This is gonna be a blast!

Krash
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Now if we could just get the Cedar Point event date finalized, because I am really wanting to go on the rollercoasters this year, especially the 2 new coasters!

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sounds fun. And I have friends down in Columbus that I can visit on the same trip :) So I'll add myself, although plans might change at any point.

Krash
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    Jade-Walker

Now if we could just get the Cedar Point event date finalized,
    I agree. I want to go, but have to make sure I don't work that weekend. And I'm trying to convice Moff_D to drive down from Canada to hang with us. A longshot, but...

22. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    The cookout sounds like fun. I'll have to ask if I can go. I'm sure that I'd need a ride, though. I just went to Cedar Point yesterday. I didn't go on the new rollercoaster, but my friends did drag me on some.

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Clouded my future is as well. I dunno if I'll be able to make it depending on work, but as I get a regular schedule set I'll be able to let you know. And as always, I dunno if my bro can come too, hehe. So I'll just put us down for now, we can always get taken off later.

Krash
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    Jade-Walker
    Random
    ???Random's Youngling???

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    With Columbus happening August 2nd...that leaves 2 dates (from the original list) open:
    July, 26th
    and
    August 9th

Darth-Zod create a poll, and include an option for other dates (let's keep it to wekends) And we can make advance plans for another multi-Fanforce event!

EDIT: I know it's early...just want to give people ADVANCE notice for this one, it should be alot of fun!

25. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Originally posted by Candace:

I just went to Cedar Point yesterday. I didn't go on the new rollercoaster, but my friends did drag me on some.

What'd ya go on? Huh? Huh? Huh? Did you throw up? Did you have fun? Did you win me a little stuffed animal from the Midway? :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.