main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Amidala Naboo Blasters

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Idaho_Vorkosigan, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    I know they used to make these... does anyone know of an individual or a site that still procures these? Let me know, and feel free to e-mail it. Thanks
    -Idaho-
    Yay, first post... 21 years of livin has occumilated to this... eh, it's 5 am... I need sleep, don't mind me folks! Goodnight!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Do you mean the Short Barrel Amidala Pistol?

Rubies had released it as part of their AOTC props & costumes (called Padme Amidala Blaster).

3. SenatorChristina

SenatorChristina Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    can you make one...didnt someone say something about coleman butane lighters or something?

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    I've been searching the city for those and just found them yesterday at a party store for 50% off. I was so happy. But I live in Canada so thats probably not much help to you. I saw instructions on how to make them somewhere but I can't remember off hand. liannb

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Lucky you! Rubies been having this new policy of "No Direct Order For Foreign Addresses" so this costume shop that promise to get it and the Jango pistols for me can't get it. :_| The other costume shop is useless (one moment the workers said they do sell Rubies Costumes and Props, the other moment they say they don't) and TRU haven't been bringing in any Guns or Rifles into Singapore since TPM (the last time around the time of '97 SE-OT I think!).

Maybe, I'll order it from eBay again like I did for my Battle Droid Blaster Rifle. The shipping gonna bankrupt me again. :_|

6. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    Well, actually, I was refering to metal replicas of the blasters... see this is why I shouldn't post at 4 am! I know it's not a horribly popular pistol, but there wer some site that made amidala blaster, next to their custom Han Solo's and Troopers. Yet, it seems most of the old prop sites are dead. Pity so much force has wained as of late. Master replicas offers some, yes, but the price is too high... look at Lord of the Rings, they know how to apease the fans... a one to two hundred dollar sword is much more affordable and worthwile than a 238 dollar Yoda flashlight, cough, I mean lightsaber... Mass produce these suckers, don't limit them to a couple thousand... I say props for everyone, not just the higher level of class that Lucas cares about.

Back to my point... can some one point me to the metal padme blasters?

-Idaho-

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Finally found the info on making the blaster

http://www.partsofsw.com/Ep_1/roylpist.htm

If I got the address wrong the link is on page 13 of the Padme AOTC Battle Outfit thread

liannb

8. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Trying using the markup codes.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    If you talk to darth_hair, he can tell how to make a low cost version of the Amidala Naboo blasters (the ones she pulls from the side compartment of the throne)

10. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I thought I just saw some of those left over at Fred Meyer the other day, Idaho. Sometimes, if you're luckie, you can still find them in the stores. (Some forgotten stock left in the back of the warehouse that the store finally remembers to put on the shelves.)

Malcolm

11. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I made one of these (long barrel version) out of wood. Was quite simple really.

Sorry I don't have any pics right now, but it looks quite accurate (handle is a bit lighter).

12. Jedi_Kjersti_Renn

Jedi_Kjersti_Renn Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    I've got the short-barreled electronic one from the Halloween costume expansion kit... just sanded and painted it up a bit to look better, but I'd like to get a more realistic chrome&wood one eventually... short-barreled for my Arena Battle Padme costume.

13. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    There is a nice one on ebay right now. It has been designed to convert from short barrel to long barrel.

14. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I have the Rubbies blaster and I was wondering just how to convert it to a long range blaster but still be able to make the blaster sounds.
    Anyone here able to help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.