main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR An Obligatory "Tell Us About Your Character" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Don't lie, you've been playing the game since the early access came out, don't ask me how I know, I just know, okay?
    I figure now is a good time to spill the beans about what character you're focusing on, how you're playing them, who your other characters are, what servers you're playing on, etc.

If anything, this is a good opportunity to start networking, which is very social and modern.

Here's my contribution:
    My current main is a Level 22 Jedi Sentinel/Watchman called Quint'ath on "The Progenitor" RP server in Europe.
    I was originally tempted to do a grey playthrough, but I figure there's no practical benefit to doing that - so instead of finding a balance between light and dark, I'm finding a balance between light and sex pest, opting for a lightside focused Jedi who openly flirts with every Twi'lek, as well as his recruited Jedi Apprentice. I've taken down the Coruscant World Boss 3 times in 20 minutes (thanks to the magic of instance switching) as part of a 24 player ops group, and managed to walk away with 2 lots of epic gear. I'm focusing on Artifice, and accidentally spent nearly 30k credits on getting crystals and other bits and subsequently raising both my Archaeology and Treasure Hunting skills to somewhere in the region of 130.

On the same server, I've also got a low level trooper, and a low level Sith Inquisitor on "The Bloodworthy" PVP server.

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I've been playing since the first wave of early access but not all that much, frankly. My original main character on The Crucible Pits, West Coast PVP server, was a Sith Juggernaut named Terenas. I've tried to play him as a junkyard dog type warrior. There's no mercy. There's no backing down. And he does not suffer fools. Notwithstanding his bloodthirsty approach to battle, he does have a soft spot for slaves...particularly Vette. He spoils her with gifts and has not been overly cruel to her. Just the occasional shock. Crew skills are artifice, archaeology, and slicing (for the credits). I have not been able to play him much because of the wait times on the server. It regularly surpasses 35 minutes. So, I've been stuck on Dromund Kaas for a while.

So, I rolled a new toon last night on Master Gnost-Dural, PvE West Coast, an Imperial Agent named Darya. She's a young lady who wears her heart on her sleeve even though she has to sometimes mask her feelings from her prey. It was tough having to down Karrels and she tried her best to talk him out of it. Since I just rolled her out last night, I'm trying to play her with a game personality. She's up for a little fun and danger while being sincere and kind to the downtrodden. She's loyal, so far, to the Empire but has yet to encounter the presence of Darth Jadus, which is coming like a freight train in the night. I just hit the Imperial fleet last night and she went with the Operative AC due to her empathetic personality (heals and stuff). Haven't selected crew skills yet but am interested in getting people's thoughts. Slicing just seems like a given for an operative but who knows.

I also have a low level Jedi Knight on a role playing server, can't remember which. He's going to be a reckless warmonger of a Jedi, pimping his way through the galaxy.

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I haven't gotten the game yet or made a character but I was thinking of doing a chiss Jedi knight named Ciscerian

4. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    My main is a male human Jedi Consular named Izaya in Honer of my favorite Jedi Jacen Soo and my Favorite character of Durarara Izaya Orihara.

He is rather buff and has darkbrown skin, with corn rows+ double short mohawk. and a level 14 sage as of 12/24/2011. I dose his best to do the right thing, but will not blindly follow what thoes call "the light", he will often choose to save live and negotiate but will fight if pressed.

He loves a challange and loaths the sith.

my 1st alt is Tskumi a female mirilan smuggler level 4, sitll on ord mantel, has a predisposition for snide comments, but deep down had a heart of credits [face_laugh]

my second alt is Benitsubasa a rather violent and impatient level 3 female human jedi knight, loves a good fight, a good drink, and will usually try to do the right thing.

5. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    So, I entered the contest sponsored by Corellian Run Radio where they asked for gamers to create a character profile. They were offering some sweet RAZER gear for the top four submissions...and I won second place. Not bad for something I churned out in an hour and fifteen minutes.

HERE is the link to the winner announcements, including my submission, if anyone cares. Woohoo for me!

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    My main character is a level 63 Monkey Lizard Sith Lord, who does nothing else besides pwning everyone at Huttball and entertaining his Twi'lek harem.

7. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Granted my founder title today. Still haven't hit 50 on any of my toons. Trying to work an IA up the ladder but it's extremely tough going. The story loses steam after Chapter 1.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I got my Founder title too. I've been trying to think of some clever jokes relating to Star Trek: DS9 to go with it. :p

9. johnnynod

johnnynod Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    My character is Deign, a Jedi Guardian(tank-specced) on the Lord Adraas server.

I actually decided to tie him in to two main characters of the fanfilm I'm in the process of finishing up. I even started some notes tracing the lineage of the fanfilm's Jedi Knight character, and the character he aids, from the era of the game all the way up to the events of the fanfilm, which take place in the wake of the events of "Return of the Jedi".

And since I'm a big fan of pure Jedi concepts, he's about as much a good-guy Jedi in nature(always the "light" responses for me) as I can make him in terms of characterization.

I haven't hit 50 yet, but I'm getting close. As of this writing, I'm Lv. 39, and have started up the "Corona" legacy.

I'm anxious to see how that legacy system develops, too.

Drop me a line if you're on that server. I'm on the lookout for a good RP guild. :)

10. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I went for a Sniper and a Guardian, to mirror my Shepard and my Revan respectively.

The Sniper is a good guy, if a touch arrogant. He loves the Empire but not the Sith, and that reflects in his choices (particularly his final story choice, which I made a couple days ago).

The Guardian is pretty ruthless for a Jedi. Kill first, meditate later. I tried to redeem her a little but I think she's one for the darkness.

Both are on Canderous Ordo.

11. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    [image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6785718997_d6a7eaa6a5_o.png]

Bring it on scum!

Alatariel the Jedi Sentinal, level 14 on the Master something-something server.

Also been having fun with the Imperial Agent (Hawke!)

[image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7168/6775074179_30f76aefec_o.png]

Gotta love all the backstabbing and political maneuvering.

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm a Mirialan Consular named Aevory on Canderous Ordo. She's a lighter shade of green and has silver hair. I haven't decided between Sage or Shadow yet.

13. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I has a few characters. Primary one is a level 21 Sith Marauder named Nyobe on Lord Ieldis RP. She's just at the stage where she can leave Balmorra, but there's a few quests to do (including four Heroic 4 quests that I haven't managed to find people for). She's Lawful/Neutral Evil, which is fantastic I think. I remember in KOTOR you had to be a Chaotic jerk of you were evil, where here I can be more subtle.

It might be a relief to have Quinn in the party, once I get him some decent gear. As he more or less agrees with what my characters views on the Empire, he probably hasn't worked out yet it's all about Me and I'm only loyal to Darth Baras until the day I am more powerful than he is.

My other character on that server is Brae, a low level blu Twi'lek Jedi knight. She's so good and nice that I don't doubt if she and Nyobe met, Nyobe would consider her a waste of space and kill her. Haven't done much with her yet.

On Sith Meditation Sphere I have a Zabrak bounty hunter I haven't done much with. She does try to do good things with her jobs, though.

And finally on the Asia-Pacific RP server I have Porteous, a trooper who's fiercely loyal to the Republic and an all-round good guy. Eventually, I'm going to transfer Nyobe to this server as I like to think of them as related. Strange, but it's been in the back of my mind ever since I made him.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I recently rolled a pink-skinned Sith warrior on Rakata Mind Prison. Name is VaadersPalm. (I came up with that BEFORE I realized my Shotfirst legacy name didn't automatically carry over from the other server I was playing on... sry :p )

Has the version allowing same-sex relationships been pushed out yet? I want Vette to sleep with me.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I want a three-some with Vette and Quinn. ;)

16. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I play as a blue Twi'lek named Reema Vae (or Reemavae as they forced it to be) who is a Jedi Sentinel.

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm a level 48 Sith Marauder named Nyobe. She wears a long skirt, crop top and spins two lightsabers.

And she'll cut you if you look funny at her.

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm a level 10 Jedi named Xandran .

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    One character for each class, all on Begeren Colony. Personal favorite is the Sith Inquisitor, bearing the (miraculously untaken) name of Malefactor. Keeping them all ready for the FTP launch in November.

20. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Got the following on Progenitor, legacy name Eld:
    50 Jedi Sentinel Watchman - CuthbertAllgood
    36 Gunslinger - RolándDeschain
    18 Vanguard - AlainJohns

Also got some lower levelled toons, Rep and Imp, which I haven't done much with yet...

SoloCommand, still playing? What else have you got? Guilded?

21. GrandAdmiralDave

GrandAdmiralDave Jedi Master star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    I've been playing since pre-launch, but have mostly returned to LOTRO in preparation for the Rohan expansion.

Iwas on the Jekk'Jekk Tarr server, until we all got moved to The Harbinger. Of course, we were one of the last servers to be transferred so I lost a couple of the names I wanted (grrrrrrrrrr . . . .)

Anyway, my "main" toons are:

Gwendollynn, 50 Mercenary
    Voontak, 50 Commando (the class, not the dress style)
    Vraeden, 50 Sage
    Ann-Marie, 42 Guardian

I've got a couple of other toons that I use as storage mules and am leveling to see their class stories, but I haven't been in the game as much as I should be.

Some friends also talked me into starting toons on The Ebon Hawk RP server, so you might see me there as:

Gwendollyn, 35 Mercenary
    Vraeden, 42 Sorcerer

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    My main: (And I plan on subscribing when my free trial is up at level 50)

Kade-Aeon Helix

Level 9: Jedi Knight
    Allegiance: Republic

Begeren Colony - I'm on a west coast server (probably cause FT is limited)

23. MaggieSolo

MaggieSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2009
    My Main is a Jedi Consular, Magerai Das, lvl 50, but I've got a bunch of alts on Harbringer and Jedi Covenent, any where from level 18-45. It's a lot of work keeping them all going, lol!

24. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    My main is Darth Vaffick on Harbringer, Lvl 50 Maurader, and Emperor's Wrath. Feel the Power of the Dark Side. Haha

25. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    My main was originally my human Jedi Knight, Ainendra, whom I got up to level 22 last weekend.

This week however I've been rollicking around with my Chiss Imperial Agent, Zal'ssera, who's just dinged level 21. I have to admit, I'm enjoying the agent far more than the Jedi (barring the somewhat wonkiness of the cover system) and am loving the storyline so far, so I'll probably stick with the agent for the forseeable future.