main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    JOD: Hmmn. That was some interview. heh heh. Who made the decision to have Yoda interview Thrawn?

Tahi, I think, but I really wanted to do it.

Guess we should contain all the craziness into one interview, ay?

:eek:

TSF: Ok...what I want to know is how I've missed reading Dark Paths all this time. I've tried to start Sith Inssurection a few times, but must admit the size is daunting me. Probably I'm going to think the same thing of all Thrawn McEwok's stories, but I can tell I'm going to have to muddle through!

Given the number of OC's in JDH3's fic, and the way "Dark Paths" moves, it might actually be beneficial to start late since you could read it all as fast as you wanted. Either way, their two of the best fics I've ever read. :)

Tahi: Great questions yoda - and the pants look fine.

Thank God!

I thought you guys might want to know that Qwi Xux gave birth to a little girl. Qwi has written quite a few A/T stories - the links are in the A/Tindex.

Yay! :) I got here after she had pretty much stopped posting fics, I think, so I don't know her, but that's nice to hear.

And I liked Thrawn's interview as well. There's a lot to think about there [face_thinking]

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Tahi: Well, I read the gamesman book a few years ago, so my memory is a little shaky - as the last couple of years have been a bit too action-packed for my liking thanks to DRL. But I found it fascinating because it was quite different from anything I'd read before. I both liked and disliked the main character - but was still compelled to find out what would happen. It was an amazingly imaginative book - and I liked the way he went into such detail about the "world" of the story. I can see why you would like him as that is what you do, too. It made it not only plausible, but palpable if you know what I mean. :) (It's late and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation. LOL)

Aye, I'd say that that's a fair summary... :cool:

Yep - I agree about the T/R/A triad - so much could have been made of that. I've always said that IMO Anakin would have found T/R to be exciting, and as you pointed out, I think, there would have been plenty of room for OT style humour.

For some reason, I'm imagining Riina and Tahiri forming a sort of Han/Chewie double-team... :cool:

You made the comment about how some might read the EU in terms of the OT - well that's me definitely. I know I use the OT as the measuring stick for everything to do with SW. Hence I really liked the Rogue Squadron comics - in fact I have pretty much that whole collection. I thought Keyes captured that OT style in his books, as did the guy who wrote Shadows of the Empire. (Now there's a book I want to base some fan fic on.) To an extent I thought McBride Allen got some OT style into his Corellian trilogy, too.

SotE fanfic?! :cool: =P~

Did you read the "MedStar" Clone Wars books, which the author of SotE, Steve Perry, co-wrote with long-time collaborator Michael Reeves, btw...?

Must make time to read more of Banks's books. :)

I'll plug 'em like nobody's business - some of 'em are a bit raw in places, but I've been reading 'em happily since I was in my mid-teens...

:D

An announcement
    I thought you guys might want to know that Qwi Xux gave birth to a little girl. :)

... a sister for Myri and Syal? o_O :p

*imagines small child with feathers for hair sitting happily in a newly-cracked egg*

Seriously, though - contratulations, Qwi and baby!!! :D [:D] =D= [face_dancing] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

3. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Joking aside, it was a really great interview. (on both sides)

I like getting into the mind of the writer(and reader). :)

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    For some reason, I'm imagining Riina and Tahiri forming a sort of Han/Chewie double-team..
    Now that would make the coolest story. :) Boy, you could have fun with that idea.

I haven't read the MedStar books - but my friend is sending them to me so I hope to read them soon. :)

Yes - Banks is definitely interesting. :) A friend of mine is a big fan - it was he who lent me the book.

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just a reminder to anyone writing A/T stories - please feel free to advertise your new posts/stories here. If you like you can give a quicky summary. And post a link to the story as well. :)

Are there any volunteers out there to be writers of "features" - ie telling us about what's happening in a story you're following? :) We need some people for that job.

6. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Gr8terThanSumOfParts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2004
    This week Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place is featuring a new young writer - Idrelle_Miocovani. Idrelle is new to the boards and has penned a sad but haunting little songfic based on the song Remember by Josh Groban, a tune from the Troy soundtrack. It's called Don't Forget and you can find it here.

Not a fan of Troy, the movie, she still felt the song suited Anakin and Tahiri's situation beautifully, and I think when you read her songfic, you'll agree. :)

Bring tissues, but be assured that you will go away feeling uplifted.

Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place would like to welcome Idrelle to the fanfic boards, and especially to the A/T community. :) It's always good to meet another fan of our favourite couple, especially - for me anyway - one who is also a fan of Doctor Who and Monty Python. :D

~Tahi~

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Aww, Tahi, thanks for the welcome! :)

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yes, i already read "Don't Forget" and can attest to its goodness ;) Very nice job Idrelle :) It's good to see another A/T writer.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You are more than welcome, Idrelle. :)

Yoda
    I agree. :)

Do you know when exactly the boards are moving? I'm still confused as to the date. (Not that that's an unusual state for me. LOL)

I was going to ask you what to do with those A/Tindex poems/viggies that Lonewolf sent me - the ones I had accidentally deleted. [guilty look] If I follow the links on her PM and copy and paste them now, and they change when the boards move, is it going to be a waste of time? Or is it going to be even harder to find the stories if I don't have the present link to work from?

Yeah I know I'm a computer gumbie, but being a lazy one I don't want to do a job and then find it has to be redone anyway. LOL

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Tahi: As far as I know, there has been no announcement about when the move will take place, and I think it might be one of those things where we just try to get on the site one day and it's gone. I think I read it was only expected to take a couple days but who knows.

As for the A/T index... I know! :eek: It's going to suck bad. Jaya Solo emailed me asking me to put her fic on there and I just said I would after the move since adding them now would seem like a waste of time after the URLs change. If you want to go to the work of readding the ones you "accidently" lost (I still have my doubts :p) knock yourself out. I guess all we'll have to do is change the URL's then so it will be a little easier. If ou want to wait though, that's fine with me.

I think there might be a formula to it as well, like we'll just have to change some of the URL but the numbers will be the same, so we'll be able to guess the new URLs without actually searching for the fics, but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see :(

11. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    So forgive my stupidity, but when this move takes place what exactly happens?

If I type in theforce.net on my computer will nothing come up? Will I get redirected? I haven't got enough knowledge for them to do this to me! :_| Sorry...trying not to panic! [face_blush]

12. Alpha-synth

Alpha-synth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    TSF: If I type in theforce.net on my computer will nothing come up? Will I get redirected?

That depends on how it's set up. Could be one or the other if I'm recalling right.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    TSF: So forgive my stupidity, but when this move takes place what exactly happens?

Don't feel stupid, I don't think anyone really knows yet :(

If I type in theforce.net on my computer will nothing come up? Will I get redirected? I haven't got enough knowledge for them to do this to me! Sorry...trying not to panic!

My understanding is that typing in theforce.net will still take you to the new server, and I think even "boards.theforce.net" will take you to the boards. However, we learned that the urls for the threads will not be the same, so everything we have linked in bios, sigs, indexes, posts, will all be broken [face_tired] It will take a long time to change it all back around.

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ^ and that officially sucks.

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Well I don't think I feel just bunches better about the move now. [face_plain]

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah it could be a mess but there again it could be relatively straight forward. I think Yoda is right though - that there will be a formula for changing the old to the new url. Think positive. :)

Yoda
    Well - I will try and start following the links on Lonewolf's PM and at least recording them. It was only some of the poems and viggies from memory that I lost - none of the stories. Whew! I don't know if it's my computer or the fact I have an old version of IE - but one or the other stops me being able to deal with long posts. It might be IE actually as I remember my even older version wouldn't load the profile page. It's a nuisance because it loads so slowly, especially if it's a long post. And I can't select and copy large chunks of text. :(

17. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *saunters in*

Remember me? Once upon a time I was here an aweful lot. Then I disappeared into Alexander and LotR fandom. But I'm all back now. Seems a little typical, but after seeing the movie I'm once again all star wars fan.

*sets down chair and gets drink*

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Sorry, I haven't been here in ages, but I'm all caught up on the interviews. All I can say is wow. [face_impressed] Fascinating stuff from both Thrawn and TSF. Great interviews, you two. =D= I'd go into detail if I had any idea where to begin, but, sadly, I don't. Needless to say, it's always nice to read where fellow authors, A/T authors in this case, are coming from and how they approach their work. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your insights with the rest of us. :)

Now I must go begin to read all the A/T related material I've been missing these past months! Dark Paths may be the death of me, but I'm going to attempt it soonish. I began it ages ago, but DRL got horribly in the way. :(

TSF: I've tried to start Sith Inssurection a few times, but must admit the size is daunting me.

That's completely understandable! It's a monster, and its only grown since you posted. :eek: To be frank, I'm always shocked when people jump into long running epics, as I myself have often shied away from things because of their size.

YK: Given the number of OC's in JDH3's fic, and the way "Dark Paths" moves, it might actually be beneficial to start late since you could read it all as fast as you wanted. Either way, their two of the best fics I've ever read.

You flatter me, my friend. [face_blush] [:D]

Okay, now it?s time to push this thread up so the rest of the A/T fans out there, both young and old, can find it again. ;)

JD.

19. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    When can we expect another amazing interview? [face_hopeful]

20. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I'm always shocked when people jump into long running epics, as I myself have often shied away from things because of their size.

I do the opposite actualy. I am cursed with the ability to read fast :_| . I like to have a little chunk of story to sink my teath into and get lost in, this also makes a fic easier to criteque.

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    We need to get something going for this again!

Anyone interested in being interviewed or interviewing someone? Have any ideas on who should be interviewed? I have a couple people in mind and I'll interview someone again if no one is interested...

I'll talk to Tahi and see if we can get something else going. A challenge or activity? Any ideas? :)

22. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    A challenge would be fun. :D I haven't done a challenge in a long while. If anyone comes up with a good idea, I'd try it. :)

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I'm not alone in thinking you should be interviewed, YK...

And, a challenge might be fun!!

We could even have a challenge to do an interview-style scenario involving A/T?

-TMcE

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yay, other people! :p Thanks for your enthusiasm, JoD and Thrawn :)

I've got someone lined up for an interview so hopefully we'll have one in the future, and I have another person in mind for the next one after that.

Thrawn: I'm not alone in thinking you should be interviewed, YK...

I did it a couple years ago in the old thread. I'd like to give some others a chance.

We could even have a challenge to do an interview-style scenario involving A/T?

That's not a bad idea [face_thinking]

25. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I just saw this thread and gaped. :D

I'm such a Tahiri fan, (my old nickname was Tahiri ;) ) and Anakin is my fav. Solo!
    I'm writing a sad, in some ways, A/T fic called Death Defied
    and it's kinda prolonged so you WANT Alema to die so... :eek: NOT TELLING THE PLOT! *zips her lip*

Anyways, it's a really twisted plot bunny, all that jazz. :D
    I just wanted to say I'm watching this thread. [face_hypnotized]

~CS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.