main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

And I thought I was the only SW fan in South Carolina!

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by kayladie97, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, everyone!

I had no idea this was here. I've been on these boards for over two years, and I didn't think there were any other SW fans in this state. I never seem to meet any of 'em anyway. :(

I live in Powdersville, but I'm in Greenville all the time cause I work there, and in Spartanburg quite frequently cause my parents still live there.

Does anyone else in this group write fanfic? Cause that is my main passion when it comes to SW! I've met a few of my fellow fanfic writers, but most of them live several states away. It would be nice to talk to SW fans that are less than a day's drive!

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself. :)

2. Jedi_Kermit

Jedi_Kermit Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    Hello and Welcome!

There seems to be a SW Fanforce meeting this coming Sat. (Sept. 3rd)at 1:30 PM at the Fuddruckers in Spartanburg.
    I don't know if it is confirmed or how many may show up but if it is I'll be there. It will be also my first time attending a Fanforce meeting. This will be a good place to meet other fans in the area.

3. DLM13

DLM13 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Welcome, yes, we are having a meeting on Saturday at 1:30 I believe. I hope to see you there.

4. kayladie97

Jun 6, 2003
    Thanks for the welcomes! Unfortunately, I have to work every other weekend and this is my one to work, so I'll be unable to join you at this meeting. :(

But if there's another one soon after that, I'd love to try and make it. I'd have to have my son with me, as I'm a single mom, and I have him on my weekends off. Hope that's all right. He's 8 and already a big SW fan, too!

5. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Hello. Welcome to the Greenville FanForce. It's nice to meet a fellow South Carolinian. I used to write Star Wars fanfiction all the time. I should really get back into it. I have two stories of a six story series that I need to finish. But for right now, I've been working on what could be a novel that could be published. So, that has taken over my Star Wars fanfiction writing for a while.

6. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    I think we'll need to move the meeting back a week. So I hope to see everyone there.

Clay

7. kayladie97

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, ShiriKeiCelisoe! That is awesome that you're writing something original that may get published. As for me, fanfic is just a hobby, so I don't even attempt anything original. Is your stuff posted here? If it is, I'd love to read it!

Darth_Yalc: Does that mean Saturday the 10th? If so, and if you have it at approximately the same time that you were going to last week (about 1:30) then I can make it! I have to be in Spartanburg anyway for my Mom's birthday party. :) Which means I'd have to leave by about 3 or so, but y'all might be sick of me by that time anyway. :p

8. SithLordRusty

SithLordRusty Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh wow, more people into SW. Hey all. I'm in the Greenville area. Up on N. Pleasantburg by I385. I'm glad to see others in the area that are SW fans. THAT makes my heart smile. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.